Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion 20:20 - Feb 22 with 2543 viewsle2blue

I agree with Mick Mills, our form has dropped through the floor since Lambert started postponing games for the international break and then rotating the team...he has managed to remove our momentum and confuse things for a team which, whilst not playing well, had developed a habit of winning games.

He is totally to blame for the mess he's created. He's tactically inept and doesn't know how to respond in games. Marcus Evans is also a disastrous owner of course, but the one thing he has done this season is allowed some investment in a squad which should be capable of gaining promotion.

Can't see this season ending well...our only saving grace maybe our home run in...but no teams are coming to PR fearing playing us.
Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 20:48 - Feb 22 with 2420 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Those first games the boys came out onto the pitch -knowing they were pumped up for this season and they were better than there opponent!
Where did this evaporate? Accrington back in October one Sunday on sky!
Surely This is going to be biggest upset in div 1 records -not a bad payoff for pl.
He had 6mth prep for it too.
Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 02:18 - Feb 23 with 2131 viewsharlingblue

I totally agree, we started this League 1 experience very well, despite not playing very well, we gained the results and headed the league. Perhaps teams feared us then?
Constant changes to the team, never picking a team to gel into a unit, has been ours and Paul Lambert's downfall.
Portman Road is no longer a Fortress, and Ipswich Town are no longer a team to be feared.
Paul Lambert is a very good PR man, but has not got the nous as a coach, tactical awareness, or drawing power of major signings or (loan signings). MM was the master of that.
What does ME think of this? His name linked with a business venture, linked with failure?
Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 07:35 - Feb 23 with 1970 viewsbraveblue

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 02:18 - Feb 23 by harlingblue

I totally agree, we started this League 1 experience very well, despite not playing very well, we gained the results and headed the league. Perhaps teams feared us then?
Constant changes to the team, never picking a team to gel into a unit, has been ours and Paul Lambert's downfall.
Portman Road is no longer a Fortress, and Ipswich Town are no longer a team to be feared.
Paul Lambert is a very good PR man, but has not got the nous as a coach, tactical awareness, or drawing power of major signings or (loan signings). MM was the master of that.
What does ME think of this? His name linked with a business venture, linked with failure?

What tactics and major signings did MM master?
Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 07:45 - Feb 23 with 1933 viewsLeoMuff

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 07:35 - Feb 23 by braveblue

What tactics and major signings did MM master?

MM had a formula which made us hard to beat, but not too pretty to watch. If you think Bart, webster, Mings, Waghorn, Mcgoldrick wernt decent ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 08:01 - Feb 23 with 1873 viewsChrisd

We can't even string two wins together (home or away) and with a record of 4 victories from our last 22 games that doesn't indicate we are a team pushing for promotion. Another season of L1 beckons and we need to start a rebuild. The manager isn't good enough, but too many of our squad aren't up to the job in ability or mentality. Changes are needed, but we have to rely on our clueless owner to make those tough decisions, it doesn't bode well.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 8:03]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 08:26 - Feb 23 with 1779 viewsTractorWood

We are a club that enable and accommodate players who are on the way down. For too many seasons we've seen players winding down or using Town to drop down a level. Skuse, Chambers, Judge, Douglas, Keane, Quaner, Huws, Spence, Coke, Hyam, Ward, Williams, Best and Pitman.

Despite being very thrifty financially, to me we end up paying far too much for very average, frequently old players.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 08:37 - Feb 23 with 1733 viewsMullet

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 08:26 - Feb 23 by TractorWood

We are a club that enable and accommodate players who are on the way down. For too many seasons we've seen players winding down or using Town to drop down a level. Skuse, Chambers, Judge, Douglas, Keane, Quaner, Huws, Spence, Coke, Hyam, Ward, Williams, Best and Pitman.

Despite being very thrifty financially, to me we end up paying far too much for very average, frequently old players.

A lot of those you've listed stepped up to come here though, or came through the youth ranks in Hyam's case. Quaner was a loan too so seems an odd inclusion.

Certainly Judge has been a terrible signing, Douglas was never meant to be the man the midfield hung on. I'd say it's way more complicated than that, we're now a mishmash of the MM squad that was too old or too young to move when he left, Hurst's disastrous signings and Lambert's 3 windows of movement.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 09:00 - Feb 23 with 1635 viewsTractorWood

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 08:37 - Feb 23 by Mullet

A lot of those you've listed stepped up to come here though, or came through the youth ranks in Hyam's case. Quaner was a loan too so seems an odd inclusion.

Certainly Judge has been a terrible signing, Douglas was never meant to be the man the midfield hung on. I'd say it's way more complicated than that, we're now a mishmash of the MM squad that was too old or too young to move when he left, Hurst's disastrous signings and Lambert's 3 windows of movement.

My point was we pay too much for dross passengers.

You agree there's something in the water though? Teddy Bishop, Huws, Dozzell, Kenlock. All look to have got noticeably less effective in a weak league when not perpetually injured.

Downes and Woolfenden will go in the summer so we will start next season even with an even weaker squad.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 9:02]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 09:59 - Feb 23 with 1462 viewsMullet

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 09:00 - Feb 23 by TractorWood

My point was we pay too much for dross passengers.

You agree there's something in the water though? Teddy Bishop, Huws, Dozzell, Kenlock. All look to have got noticeably less effective in a weak league when not perpetually injured.

Downes and Woolfenden will go in the summer so we will start next season even with an even weaker squad.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2020 9:02]

That's only really happened under Hurst though, and to an extent Lambert. It's rare we've paid much for any failures prior to last summer under Mick. Stewart being his one big flop and that was rooted in a broken jaw.

Kenlock seems to have just levelled out and Lambert seems to have no clue how to utilise Dozzell.

We're in a perilous state and it was all so easily avoided. Even a unsuccessful playoff finish will not be enough. The long term destruction of the club is looking fairly set right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 10:16 - Feb 23 with 1397 viewsKeaneish

Largely agree but we’ve had a settled system since Wycombe and a relatively settled side bar injuries and suspensions so this side have gelled a long time ago - it hasn’t.

Worse still, there was a moment when Oxford broke at pace, the ball by passed the midfield and for the first time this season Nolan and Downes jogged back. That to me says they had given up on it and either accepted we’d concede or the defence would sort it out. It was damning evidence of the decline in confidence, character and belief.

23 points are still possible but I now have no confidence of getting results against Fleetwood, Pompey or Coventry. Still, we could lose all three of those and still pick up the 23 points needed of course!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 10:36 - Feb 23 with 1340 viewscbower

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 07:45 - Feb 23 by LeoMuff

MM had a formula which made us hard to beat, but not too pretty to watch. If you think Bart, webster, Mings, Waghorn, Mcgoldrick wernt decent ?

Add to that Garner and the loan signings of Fraser, Lawrence and Celina and Huws. Throw in Berra along with pretty decent players like Stephen Hunt, Tabb and Anderson too. Oh, but I forget to mention the misses like Cameron Stewart et al. Ffs, everyone has misses though, even Sir Alex Ferguson.

bluescouser

Lambert has managed to Rotate and Postpone Ipswich out of Promotion on 12:16 - Feb 23 with 1192 viewsMillsyVOR

Ageee 100% with Mick, so often the voice of reason 👌
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024