Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky tv 07:30 - Mar 13 with 2710 viewsallezlesbleus

How long will Sky tv be able to survive if all major sporting events are cancelled?

Could this mean the end to the farcical sums of money being thrown into the elite ends of sport (Premier League etc)?

Sky tv on 07:32 - Mar 13 with 2696 viewsbluelagos

3 months of say no footie and the world carries on. Cant see why the world wont get back to normal in the medium term.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sky tv on 07:47 - Mar 13 with 2602 viewsallezlesbleus

Sky tv on 07:32 - Mar 13 by bluelagos

3 months of say no footie and the world carries on. Cant see why the world wont get back to normal in the medium term.

Financially though, for a massive number of companies, 3 months is a hell of a long time to try and stay afloat, especially the retailers / hospitality / travel & tourism sectors (and probably others that I don't know enough about to comment on).

If sporting events were cancelled for a longer period and I believe they are discussing the Euros 2020 next week, then it must have a major impact on Sky and the sporting teams who benefit??????

I agree that if everything is back to normal in a couple of weeks, then it isn't an issue, but I can see it taking much longer than that to get back to normal.
Sky tv on 07:52 - Mar 13 with 2579 viewsbluelagos

Sky tv on 07:47 - Mar 13 by allezlesbleus

Financially though, for a massive number of companies, 3 months is a hell of a long time to try and stay afloat, especially the retailers / hospitality / travel & tourism sectors (and probably others that I don't know enough about to comment on).

If sporting events were cancelled for a longer period and I believe they are discussing the Euros 2020 next week, then it must have a major impact on Sky and the sporting teams who benefit??????

I agree that if everything is back to normal in a couple of weeks, then it isn't an issue, but I can see it taking much longer than that to get back to normal.

Hey, i wouldnt be investing in travel, tourism or hospitality firms any time soon. Suspect the fallout will include a series of bankruptcies, absolutely.

Ref Sky, most of their customers are on year long deals, so dont see a massive loss even if there is no footie til the autumn. But I guess time will tell.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sky tv on 07:58 - Mar 13 with 2545 viewsBLUEBEAT

I thought Sky made their money from people who sit at home watching TV, rather than actually attending events.

Doesn’t this mean more people will be doing the former in the short-term?

Sky could actually profit from this?

May take a hit from advertising/sponsorship from some quarters? Travel sector, for instance.

Poll: W or W

Sky tv on 08:29 - Mar 13 with 2478 viewsGuthrum

Sky tv on 07:58 - Mar 13 by BLUEBEAT

I thought Sky made their money from people who sit at home watching TV, rather than actually attending events.

Doesn’t this mean more people will be doing the former in the short-term?

Sky could actually profit from this?

May take a hit from advertising/sponsorship from some quarters? Travel sector, for instance.

If the majority of sport worldwide is suspended, there may be nothing for them to broadcast.

Unless they're furiously buying up rights to the Pitcairn Island amateur league.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sky tv on 08:33 - Mar 13 with 2453 viewsFenboyBlue

2 words: topless darts
Sky tv on 08:58 - Mar 13 with 2394 viewsGeoffSentence

Sky tv on 08:33 - Mar 13 by FenboyBlue

2 words: topless darts

Whatever happened to that? An absolute crowd pleaser.

Still involves people though, so maybe Monkey Tennis has found its time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sky tv on 09:37 - Mar 13 with 2345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sky going down the sh*tter would be a bit of a silver lining. Something drastic needs to happen in the game to readdress all the inequality and they're a major driver of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky tv on 09:47 - Mar 13 with 2310 viewsGuthrum

Sky tv on 09:37 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Sky going down the sh*tter would be a bit of a silver lining. Something drastic needs to happen in the game to readdress all the inequality and they're a major driver of it.

I was annoyed to read yesterday that Sky are attempting to buy the rights to the Six Nations for next year. That disappearing behind a paywall would be exceedingly annoying.

Sky tv on 09:57 - Mar 13 with 2289 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sky tv on 09:47 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

I was annoyed to read yesterday that Sky are attempting to buy the rights to the Six Nations for next year. That disappearing behind a paywall would be exceedingly annoying.

It certainly would. I don't think cricket's ever recovered (in terms of popularity, no doubt there's more money in the game).

Sky tv on 10:01 - Mar 13 with 2282 viewsGuthrum

Sky tv on 09:57 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

It certainly would. I don't think cricket's ever recovered (in terms of popularity, no doubt there's more money in the game).

I've certainly watched less motor racing since it became highlights only. Especially as it's difficult not to hear the result before getting to see them.

Sky tv on 10:04 - Mar 13 with 2267 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sky tv on 09:37 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Given I've just accepted a job there, no it wouldn't.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sky tv on 10:07 - Mar 13 with 2260 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sky does a lot more than just sporting events, and as I surmised yesterday (and Bluebeat does above as well) with more people staying in and watching TV, Sky are one company that is actually likely to do well out of this situation.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sky tv on 10:08 - Mar 13 with 2252 viewsgiant_stow

Arent sky punters tied in to contracts? Wouldnt know myself

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sky tv on 10:10 - Mar 13 with 2244 viewsGuthrum

Sky tv on 10:04 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

You realise Facters will never speak to you again.

Sky tv on 10:12 - Mar 13 with 2230 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sky tv on 10:10 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

You realise Facters will never speak to you again.

Yeah but I'll be working in the advertising department, and he loves advertising.

Sky tv on 10:13 - Mar 13 with 2226 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sky tv on 10:04 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Congratulations!

Sky tv on 11:17 - Mar 13 with 2157 viewsRadlett_blue

Sky tv on 10:08 - Mar 13 by giant_stow

Arent sky punters tied in to contracts? Wouldnt know myself

If you could, why wouldn't you cancel Sky Sports right now as there could be no live sport for months?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Sky tv on 11:19 - Mar 13 with 2146 viewsgiant_stow

Sky tv on 11:17 - Mar 13 by Radlett_blue

If you could, why wouldn't you cancel Sky Sports right now as there could be no live sport for months?

I've never been a sky customer, so don't ask me!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024