Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Dortmund game 16:09 - May 16 with 1150 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thought I’d give it a look, as some live sport in COVID times. I’m not sure what I was expecting. I thought it would be a bit strange without fans. It’s not that though, it’s the social distracting in a contact sport that is more weird to me. I assume everyone in that stadium has been tested? No touching teams mates in celebrations, subs spread out etc. Weird.
This Dortmund game on 16:32 - May 16 with 1064 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It was awful imo

Just seemed so odd

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

This Dortmund game on 16:38 - May 16 with 1041 viewsjas0999

It was different, but oddly the game was very good considering the players haven’t kicked a ball in competitive format for a few weeks.
This Dortmund game on 16:39 - May 16 with 1040 viewsjas0999

Paul Lambert on now!
This Dortmund game on 16:41 - May 16 with 1028 viewsCokeIsKey

I wonder if we can get that Shalke manager if he gets sacked from them. Certianly would be an upgrade from Lambert. Would be too expensive for Evans though...

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

This Dortmund game on 16:42 - May 16 with 1024 viewsChutney

I like football. I really like football. But I just cannot get excited about behind closed doors Bundesliga I'm afraid.

Nor can I ever re watching a full match from history. The really special thing for me is live sport, I just cant comprehend watching the full 90 minutes from Euro 96 or whatever.
This Dortmund game on 16:50 - May 16 with 1004 viewsJ2BLUE

It was a good game. Live sport is great. People will moan about anything. Not sure what social distancing you were seeing on the pitch to be honest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Dortmund game on 16:52 - May 16 with 999 viewsvapour_trail

Das runde muss ins eckige.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This Dortmund game on 16:53 - May 16 with 990 viewsChutney

This Dortmund game on 16:50 - May 16 by J2BLUE

It was a good game. Live sport is great. People will moan about anything. Not sure what social distancing you were seeing on the pitch to be honest.

I agree about live sport being great, it's unrivalled. I'm envious of those that enjoyed today, as I miss really enjoying watching football. I think I get as much from the theatre of it all, the build up, supporters, noise, smells etc as I do from the technical spectacle on display (although I love that too). I think the issue for me is it felt so sub standard as an event vs. what we're used to, it's better than nothing though.
Login to get fewer ads

This Dortmund game on 16:54 - May 16 with 980 viewsJ2BLUE

This Dortmund game on 16:53 - May 16 by Chutney

I agree about live sport being great, it's unrivalled. I'm envious of those that enjoyed today, as I miss really enjoying watching football. I think I get as much from the theatre of it all, the build up, supporters, noise, smells etc as I do from the technical spectacle on display (although I love that too). I think the issue for me is it felt so sub standard as an event vs. what we're used to, it's better than nothing though.

Of course it's way better with the fans but it's an extraordinary time right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This Dortmund game on 16:55 - May 16 with 973 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This Dortmund game on 16:50 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I think he means that the social distancing of subs and in celebrations in weird when they are playing a contact sport anyway
[Post edited 16 May 2020 16:56]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This Dortmund game on 16:58 - May 16 with 953 viewsChutney

This Dortmund game on 16:54 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Of course it's way better with the fans but it's an extraordinary time right now.

Not disputing that, I'm fully in favour of not having 40,000 people packed into stadia at the moment. For me it detracts sufficiently from the spectacle that I'll opt not to bother watching, but it's good if you're not in that camp as you still get some enjoyment from the beautiful game.
This Dortmund game on 17:00 - May 16 with 940 viewsbackwaywhen

This Dortmund game on 16:32 - May 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

It was awful imo

Just seemed so odd

Watched Fortuna , a tad unlucky, hit post and crossbar in 0-0 .
This Dortmund game on 17:00 - May 16 with 940 viewsitfcjoe

This Dortmund game on 16:55 - May 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think he means that the social distancing of subs and in celebrations in weird when they are playing a contact sport anyway
[Post edited 16 May 2020 16:56]

The celebrations were different in the other games, all elbow tapping

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This Dortmund game on 17:25 - May 16 with 850 viewsjudespiveyg

Felt the same as watching any televised game as a neutral, certainly no different than the lunchtime EFL games on Saturdays. I suppose if there had been some real drama it might have felt a bit odd, but it was enjoyable to watch.
Watching on TV never hits the same as being there though.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024