Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions 17:43 - Jun 9 with 1141 viewsunstableblue

... out there TWTD hive mind??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:45 - Jun 9 with 1134 viewsfactual_blue

Who scored the goal?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:48 - Jun 9 with 1127 viewsMeadowlark

My favourite

"In what place would you find the cyclic and the collective?"
Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:49 - Jun 9 with 1122 viewsMeadowlark

My second favourite is: "Spell Quiz"
Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:56 - Jun 9 with 1092 viewsbluelagos

You could set them the new £10 note challenge to find the hitchhiker (inbetween rounds)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:56 - Jun 9 with 1095 viewsfactual_blue

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:48 - Jun 9 by Meadowlark

My favourite

"In what place would you find the cyclic and the collective?"

You'd find it in a 'thing', not a 'place'.

A helicopter is a thing; Ipswich is a place.

The question should be where would you find the cyclic and the collective?

If you word the questions wrongly, dull pedants* argue with you.

*A badge I wear with pride.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 17:58]

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:57 - Jun 9 with 1091 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The Midland Expressway is better known as what?

Ok, super-interesting may be pushing it a bit....!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:01 - Jun 9 with 1072 viewsunstableblue

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:57 - Jun 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

whats the answer?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:01 - Jun 9 with 1066 viewsbluelagos

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:57 - Jun 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I'd have guess Spaghetti junction. Must give these quiz things a miss.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:02 - Jun 9 with 1061 viewsfactual_blue

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:01 - Jun 9 by unstableblue

whats the answer?

Portman Road.

Or possibly the M6 toll road.

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:02 - Jun 9 with 1061 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:01 - Jun 9 by unstableblue

whats the answer?

The M6 Toll

Super-interesting indeed

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:03 - Jun 9 with 1055 viewsPlums

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:01 - Jun 9 by bluelagos

I'd have guess Spaghetti junction. Must give these quiz things a miss.

M6 Toll surely?

Which company makes the most tyres?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:10 - Jun 9 with 1030 viewsMeadowlark

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 17:56 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

You'd find it in a 'thing', not a 'place'.

A helicopter is a thing; Ipswich is a place.

The question should be where would you find the cyclic and the collective?

If you word the questions wrongly, dull pedants* argue with you.

*A badge I wear with pride.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 17:58]

I thought about that before I submitted it, but I would argue that "what place" and "where" are interchangeable!
The cockpit (if that's what it's called?) IS a place.
However, I agree with your wording, (you'll be pleased to know).

I know all about dull pedants. I am a fully paid-up member of that club.

[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 18:11]
Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:11 - Jun 9 with 1024 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:03 - Jun 9 by Plums

M6 Toll surely?

Which company makes the most tyres?

Lego

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 18:16 - Jun 9 with 1015 viewsfactual_blue

Is the Pope Catholic?

Answer - no.

The official titles of the head of the Roman Catholic Church do not include 'Pope'.

The church leader who is correctly styled 'Pope' is head of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.

Running a Pub Quizz tonight - Any super interesting general knowledge questions on 19:48 - Jun 9 with 907 viewsgordon

How many tubs of paint would it take to re-paint all the yellow lines in Ipswich?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024