Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No FA Cup Replays 12:10 - Aug 13 with 1769 viewskizaitfc

The lower leagues just keep getting a huge kick to the nuts

No FA Cup Replays but we are still going to go ahead with the ridiculous EFL Trophy in its usual ridiculous group format

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

No FA Cup Replays on 12:25 - Aug 13 with 1702 viewsgainsboroughblue

You've got to think of those poor Premier League clubs who want competitive football for their stockpiled players.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

No FA Cup Replays on 12:56 - Aug 13 with 1626 viewsEastTownBlue

Yes. I wonder how many of these "for one season only" changes will become permanent ?
No FA Cup Replays on 12:57 - Aug 13 with 1616 viewsclive_baker

Does it make too much difference when there's no ticket revenue anyway? If it's temporary, just for this season I have to say I can see the logic.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No FA Cup Replays on 13:03 - Aug 13 with 1592 viewsMattinLondon

Good - replays simply add to fixture congestion. But I do agree that the EFL trophy is ridiculous and it should be scrapped.
No FA Cup Replays on 13:08 - Aug 13 with 1569 viewsIllinoisblue

To be fair, Jeff, there is a global pandemic on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

No FA Cup Replays on 13:35 - Aug 13 with 1508 viewskizaitfc

No FA Cup Replays on 12:57 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

Does it make too much difference when there's no ticket revenue anyway? If it's temporary, just for this season I have to say I can see the logic.

I guess not from a ticket point of view, far more chance of getting it televised in a replay though.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

No FA Cup Replays on 13:56 - Aug 13 with 1475 viewsParisBlue

No FA Cup Replays on 13:03 - Aug 13 by MattinLondon

Good - replays simply add to fixture congestion. But I do agree that the EFL trophy is ridiculous and it should be scrapped.

Or at worst the EFL trophy could have played the group stages before the season and be treated as pre-season warm-up games.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

No FA Cup Replays on 16:48 - Aug 13 with 1419 viewsBlueBadger

Pffft, like we ever do enough to earn replays.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

No FA Cup Replays on 16:53 - Aug 13 with 1413 viewsJ2BLUE

No FA Cup Replays on 12:57 - Aug 13 by clive_baker

Agree with this. After everything that has happened we're getting a proper season with some minor low impact changes. We're heading into a very interesting time now with the season starting late, the Euros, Olympics, the Premier League being extended by a week because of the winter break and the Qatar world cup which is going to take some planning.

Could be heading for 2-3 years with very little football downtime.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No FA Cup Replays on 16:55 - Aug 13 with 1406 viewsclive_baker

No FA Cup Replays on 16:53 - Aug 13 by J2BLUE

Agree with this. After everything that has happened we're getting a proper season with some minor low impact changes. We're heading into a very interesting time now with the season starting late, the Euros, Olympics, the Premier League being extended by a week because of the winter break and the Qatar world cup which is going to take some planning.

Could be heading for 2-3 years with very little football downtime.

It will also be a welcome relief for a lot of clubs. It's expensive to host matches, and expensive to travel to away matches, sometimes with overnighters. Not to mention triggering additional clauses that exist in players contracts etc. Generally it can be beneficial to have a replay as a big pay day, but without any ticket revenue it's just an inconvenience and a cost a lot of small clubs would rather do without.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No FA Cup Replays on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 1347 viewsRadlett_blue

No FA Cup Replays on 16:48 - Aug 13 by BlueBadger

Pffft, like we ever do enough to earn replays.

Well, in recent years we've managed to lose to Lincoln, Portsmouth, Preston, Coventry & Southampton after replays. Which is another great justification form playing weakened teams to rest players.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No FA Cup Replays on 18:30 - Aug 13 with 1326 viewsTheBoyBlue

Not overly fussed by the FA Cup replays, especially in the circumstances, but totally agree on the EFL Trophy. Ridiculous competition anyway but when they're trying to find ways of easing fixture congestion and when matches may need to be rearranged due to COVID (as in Scotland), it is beyond comprehension that they are persevering with a competition very few want to play in and even fewer want to watch. Especially as - if I understand correctly - there isn't any sponsor and so presumably there isn't a pressure from that perspective to put it on? As I did last season, I desperately hope we get knocked out of it at the earliest possible opportunity.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024