Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes situation 12:28 - Sep 1 with 1145 viewsuefacup81

Wishful thinking, I know, but this would be the perfect time for the club to release a very strong hands-off statement, assuming the reports are correct.

Something stating, essentially, that the request has been denied, Downes is contracted until 2022/3, and that he has been reminded of his obligations.

Not that we'd ever do such a thing...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Downes situation on 12:31 - Sep 1 with 1104 viewsJ2BLUE

Disagree. This is the time to name our price and not move a penny. A transfer request doesn't mean we now need to accept he's off for their paltry £2m. Name our price, tell him and them what it is and that we're not lowering it a single penny. £4-5m to Palace is peanuts. £2m is a blatant pisstake where they're just gambling because it's cheap.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Downes situation on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 1062 viewsArnieM

if this situation was happening at ncfc ( as a league one club), they'd do one of two things .
1: Name their price and stick to it .
2: issue a hands off not for sale , full stop.

But this is the poorly run ITFC we are talking about . So we'll probably accept £2.5 m with add on's . None of this money will be received in full NOW, despite the wealth of said PL club. Town will not replace the player, and so the downward cycle continues.

Its soul destroying being a Town fan. Same shyt; different day, week, month , season , year, decade !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes situation on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 975 viewsSwansea_Blue

Downes situation on 12:36 - Sep 1 by ArnieM

if this situation was happening at ncfc ( as a league one club), they'd do one of two things .
1: Name their price and stick to it .
2: issue a hands off not for sale , full stop.

But this is the poorly run ITFC we are talking about . So we'll probably accept £2.5 m with add on's . None of this money will be received in full NOW, despite the wealth of said PL club. Town will not replace the player, and so the downward cycle continues.

Its soul destroying being a Town fan. Same shyt; different day, week, month , season , year, decade !

Isn't the transfer request a sign that we are digging our heels in over Palace's valuation? I'd have thought it shows that Flynn/agent are worried our stance could risk the move breaking down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Downes situation on 13:26 - Sep 1 with 885 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Downes situation on 12:55 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

Isn't the transfer request a sign that we are digging our heels in over Palace's valuation? I'd have thought it shows that Flynn/agent are worried our stance could risk the move breaking down.

This.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes situation on 13:27 - Sep 1 with 882 viewsmarchy

Too right. Usual story, he was happy to sign a deal that runs two further years from now and juice us for a better wage while the going was good (...well, "good"), he owes us some help. And it's not like him sulking will damage morale that doesn't sound like it exists in the first place.
Downes situation on 13:32 - Sep 1 with 842 viewshampstead_blue

I politely disagree as well.

We need to give ourselves a collective high 5 at one of our young players getting picked-up by a top flight club.

I simply ask that we pull down their pants on the fee and add-ons.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Downes situation on 13:47 - Sep 1 with 773 viewsuefacup81

Fair points on the alternative being absolutely hammering them on a fee, and/or starting a bidding war.

I suppose the best course of action depends on whether the club feel they can get a replacement in, or have a ready-made replacement already in the squad.

With the length of contract, surely there's an argument for him quietly being told to keep his head down, play well, and the club won't stand in his way next summer?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Downes situation on 14:04 - Sep 1 with 703 viewsIpswichKnight

Downes situation on 13:47 - Sep 1 by uefacup81

Fair points on the alternative being absolutely hammering them on a fee, and/or starting a bidding war.

I suppose the best course of action depends on whether the club feel they can get a replacement in, or have a ready-made replacement already in the squad.

With the length of contract, surely there's an argument for him quietly being told to keep his head down, play well, and the club won't stand in his way next summer?

Problem is we have no replacement in the squad and FFP as meant we can't really afford to get one in without getting rid of a couple of more ( not that I'm against that btw ) though happy to bow to those with much better knowledge of the salary cap space :)
Login to get fewer ads

Downes situation on 14:07 - Sep 1 with 689 viewsclive_baker

Given Downes has handed in a transfer request, I would be inclined to accept his request but make it clear that we'll only sell him on the condition we receive an offer at our asking price of £4m. If we don't, he won't be going. Making it public might prick up the ears of 1 or 2 other clubs which is what we could do with to get Palace taking it seriously.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024