Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score 13:07 - Oct 10 with 1424 viewsWeWereZombies

Scottish League Cup after thirty six minutes:

Cove Rangers 1 Hibernian 0

just saying...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:20 - Oct 10 with 1349 viewscatch74

It’s interesting that it ended up being a Hurst and Ross shoot out.Definitely was crying out for a young up and coming manager and they both looked like acceptable choices. (Hindsight is a wonderful thing!)
Trying to think of the other names in the hat - Lampard, Mowbray, Parker - who was that Dutch bloke too, what’s he been up to since?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:26 - Oct 10 with 1312 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We should have appointed Jonathan Ross over Paul Hurst but hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 1292 viewswkj

If memory serves correctly, there was more excitement at the potential of Ross over Hurst. I can't say we'd have done much better with Ross, but you can almost guaranteed he'd not have treated the club like he was playing a sh1t game of football manager in his first transfer window.

Our squad wasn't one of Mick's strongest rosters when he left, but the decision to sell Waghorn, who seemed perfectly happy here, was the biggest donkey move and when I started thinking Hurst was either going to be a massive fk'up or he knew something special about his signings. Sadly the big fk'up held true.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:32 - Oct 10 with 1285 viewsWeWereZombies

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:20 - Oct 10 by catch74

It’s interesting that it ended up being a Hurst and Ross shoot out.Definitely was crying out for a young up and coming manager and they both looked like acceptable choices. (Hindsight is a wonderful thing!)
Trying to think of the other names in the hat - Lampard, Mowbray, Parker - who was that Dutch bloke too, what’s he been up to since?

Can't remember the name of the supposed candidate from the Netherlands but didn't that all sound a bit like an agent bigging him up?

Don't know if Graham Potter was ever seriously considered, or maybe he was just too well informed to submit himself for interview, he seems such an unlikely success when you compare him to other Premier League managers on the touchline and he does sound a bit like he is on the way to Mick Mills disinterested when interviewed, but equally knowledgeable about football.

For what it is worth I don't think Jack Ross is doing a bad job at all at Hibs, it just strikes me as a bit 'Super Callie are fantastic, Celtic are atrocious' to see the League's newcomers one up against a Premiership side.

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:36 - Oct 10 with 1263 viewsBlueBadger

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:32 - Oct 10 by WeWereZombies

Can't remember the name of the supposed candidate from the Netherlands but didn't that all sound a bit like an agent bigging him up?

Don't know if Graham Potter was ever seriously considered, or maybe he was just too well informed to submit himself for interview, he seems such an unlikely success when you compare him to other Premier League managers on the touchline and he does sound a bit like he is on the way to Mick Mills disinterested when interviewed, but equally knowledgeable about football.

For what it is worth I don't think Jack Ross is doing a bad job at all at Hibs, it just strikes me as a bit 'Super Callie are fantastic, Celtic are atrocious' to see the League's newcomers one up against a Premiership side.

Maurice Steijn. His record looks....reasonable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Steijn#Managerial_Statistics

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:43 - Oct 10 with 1238 viewsWeWereZombies

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:36 - Oct 10 by BlueBadger

Maurice Steijn. His record looks....reasonable?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Steijn#Managerial_Statistics

So he went to Al Wahda at the same time as Hurst started here and lasted about as long, but I wonder if his salary and pay off were comparable?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 14:38 - Oct 10 with 1051 viewsJ2BLUE

Manager losing game shocker. Really odd thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 14:42 - Oct 10 with 1038 viewsKeaneish

I wonder what they’d say to that at The Stadium of Light.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 14:54 - Oct 10 with 995 viewsWD19

How did the game finish out if interest?

Was the manager able to have an impact at half time?
We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 15:26 - Oct 10 with 939 viewsThe_Last_Baron

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 13:30 - Oct 10 by wkj

If memory serves correctly, there was more excitement at the potential of Ross over Hurst. I can't say we'd have done much better with Ross, but you can almost guaranteed he'd not have treated the club like he was playing a sh1t game of football manager in his first transfer window.

Our squad wasn't one of Mick's strongest rosters when he left, but the decision to sell Waghorn, who seemed perfectly happy here, was the biggest donkey move and when I started thinking Hurst was either going to be a massive fk'up or he knew something special about his signings. Sadly the big fk'up held true.

Waghorn wanted to go once Derby came in for him.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 16:24 - Oct 10 with 798 viewsJ2BLUE

Final score

Cove Rangers 1 Hibernian 2

Just saying

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We should have appointed Jack Ross instead of Hurst? Latest score on 17:02 - Oct 10 with 692 viewsBlueNomad

Best manager in the world:

Villa 7 Liverpool 2

It happens. And yes, Hibs won
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024