Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wtf is going on up there? 08:34 - Nov 6 with 839 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54833331

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

wtf is going on up there? on 08:43 - Nov 6 with 796 viewsNewcyBlue

It got tense around the fence.

If I was one of their parents I would be heading up there to get my kid home. This is just dreadful.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

wtf is going on up there? on 08:47 - Nov 6 with 782 viewsgiant_stow

wtf is going on up there? on 08:43 - Nov 6 by NewcyBlue

If I was one of their parents I would be heading up there to get my kid home. This is just dreadful.

Damm right.

These students are being treated as nothing more than a commodity. disgraceful.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

wtf is going on up there? on 09:01 - Nov 6 with 751 viewsGuthrum

wtf is going on up there? on 08:47 - Nov 6 by giant_stow

Damm right.

These students are being treated as nothing more than a commodity. disgraceful.

And all so unnecessary. With modern communications, conferencing and internet broadcast capabilities, it would be pretty easy to conduct the vast majority of courses remotely. They can even justifiably charge fees if the teaching and assessment are taking place (so the unis don't go bust).

Yes, the students would miss out on the (important) social and communal elements of university, but that is the same for everyone and will hopefully only be a temporary measure for a few months or a year.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

wtf is going on up there? on 09:06 - Nov 6 with 736 viewsSteve_M

wtf is going on up there? on 09:01 - Nov 6 by Guthrum

And all so unnecessary. With modern communications, conferencing and internet broadcast capabilities, it would be pretty easy to conduct the vast majority of courses remotely. They can even justifiably charge fees if the teaching and assessment are taking place (so the unis don't go bust).

Yes, the students would miss out on the (important) social and communal elements of university, but that is the same for everyone and will hopefully only be a temporary measure for a few months or a year.

But without income from accommodation then the universities end up in really precarious financial circumstances, the government knew this and ignored it in the Summer. Instead student numbers were capped increasing the financial difficulty.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

wtf is going on up there? on 09:09 - Nov 6 with 724 viewsBasuco

I would be the same, especially now, with courses on line and by the end of lock down it will be around 2 weeks left before the Christmas holiday.
wtf is going on up there? on 09:23 - Nov 6 with 704 viewsmikeybloo88

wtf is going on up there? on 09:06 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

But without income from accommodation then the universities end up in really precarious financial circumstances, the government knew this and ignored it in the Summer. Instead student numbers were capped increasing the financial difficulty.

It's the accommodation thing which rankles most with me...an argument can be made for paying SOME tuition fees even if the experience is not what they were promised. But forcing them all to pay for accommodation where they don't need to be, and now closing life down around them meaning they only really see those people in their flat for a month, is terrible...it's going to push some over the edge.
wtf is going on up there? on 09:26 - Nov 6 with 691 viewsSwansea_Blue

Total balls up by the university. Whoever decided that was a good idea shouldn’t be in charge of making decisions like that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

wtf is going on up there? on 09:31 - Nov 6 with 679 viewsKeno

It got tense
around the fence.
authority was dense
now justice dispense
or they'll be recompense

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

wtf is going on up there? on 09:40 - Nov 6 with 658 viewstextbackup

wtf is going on up there? on 09:23 - Nov 6 by mikeybloo88

It's the accommodation thing which rankles most with me...an argument can be made for paying SOME tuition fees even if the experience is not what they were promised. But forcing them all to pay for accommodation where they don't need to be, and now closing life down around them meaning they only really see those people in their flat for a month, is terrible...it's going to push some over the edge.

imagine just having to go to uni and learn, instead of going on piss 6 nights a week....

remind me, what is it that they've gone there for again?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

wtf is going on up there? on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 636 viewsGuthrum

wtf is going on up there? on 09:06 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

On a broader point, perhaps Covid is finally causing people to face up to the fact that everything (particularly wages/salaries) has become too expensive. That constant "growth" actually equals unsustainable inflation. Makes us uncompetitive in a global economy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

wtf is going on up there? on 16:09 - Nov 6 with 528 viewsmikeybloo88

wtf is going on up there? on 09:40 - Nov 6 by textbackup

imagine just having to go to uni and learn, instead of going on piss 6 nights a week....

remind me, what is it that they've gone there for again?

They aren't getting a £9k educational experience...they could be doing what they're doing from home...they could be NOT racking up thousands of pounds of debt. It might surprise you to know that this is what concerns a lot of them, not that they're missing out on pissups. But you cling on to your small minded stereotypical view that all students are wasters if it makes you feel bigger...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024