Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless 12:45 - Nov 24 with 574 viewsDarth_Koont

Clearly it’s the triumph of hope over expectation given we’re not in great form, we’ve got some important absentees and we’re pretty poor against the better sides.

But we’re fighting at the top of the table. I just hope that we make sure we have pace and energy going forward and have a bit of a go, even if it means hitting the frontline early. Having Jackson run onto something or Norwood hassle the defence and force a mistake might be as good a tactic as any.

Pronouns: He/Him

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:52 - Nov 24 with 540 viewsmonty_radio

Do you think that your dominant assertion of hope would survive a repeat of last Saturday's penalty giveaway?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:54 - Nov 24 with 529 viewsclive_baker

I’m sure we’ll see a better performance than Saturday. We know we need one, unlike Saturday against poor opposition. I don’t think we’ll lose tonight.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:55 - Nov 24 with 523 viewshomer_123

Just so excited about Judge and Sears out wide. #somuchtooffer

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 520 viewsDarth_Koont

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:52 - Nov 24 by monty_radio

Do you think that your dominant assertion of hope would survive a repeat of last Saturday's penalty giveaway?

Well, it couldn’t have started worse, we didn’t play well with almost no discernible shape or plan after that, nobody looking good even on on an individual level bar Bishop who then got injured ... and yet we still won!

So wild hope definitely does triumph over realistic and depressing expectations sometimes. But I can’t believe we can play as poorly against Hull and get away with it though.

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:58 - Nov 24 with 514 viewshatch

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:54 - Nov 24 by clive_baker

I’m sure we’ll see a better performance than Saturday. We know we need one, unlike Saturday against poor opposition. I don’t think we’ll lose tonight.

Over the years we’ve seen Town step up against stronger teams at home. I’m thinking back to Derby and West Ham at home etc. Games against top sides midweek at PR under lights can be quite fruitful but I think the fans are often loudest at these games. I’m hopeful tonight we’ll step up and show more of our personality than the dud Saturday performance.
Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 14:01 - Nov 24 with 442 viewsmonty_radio

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 12:58 - Nov 24 by hatch

Over the years we’ve seen Town step up against stronger teams at home. I’m thinking back to Derby and West Ham at home etc. Games against top sides midweek at PR under lights can be quite fruitful but I think the fans are often loudest at these games. I’m hopeful tonight we’ll step up and show more of our personality than the dud Saturday performance.

On the whole though, such performances have tended to be when there's nothing at stake. But when it means something, then our record whispers for itself.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Darth.... on 15:38 - Nov 24 with 389 viewsunstableblue

...I just can't see us winning without Dozzell,Bishop and Edwards, can you?

I suppose if we bring some fire,sadly lacking on Saturday. And chambo/ward step-up, Huws takes his chance and judge and lankester give us some forward momentum- it could work.

all about pressing and calm defending - yikes!!

id take a draw and a win against charlton with dozzell back

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Really looking forward to tonight nevertheless on 21:12 - Nov 24 with 311 viewsDarth_Koont

Tonight, expectation gave hope an atomic wedgie.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024