Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nash 12:35 - Nov 29 with 963 viewswkj

This is a bit of a repost from yesterday, but I was quite emotive then Hamgate broke.

I think that the sensible idea here is to get Nash in on a caretaker role with Dyer as his assistant. Why not Dyer outright? Well, Nash has done remarkable with our youth and has been coaching them for a considerable time. He would have Klug on hand to mentor him and Dyer would learn a lot also.

Some mentioned that now is not the time for experimenting, but in all truth, the way the youth team plays needs to be compatible for the main team, and youth players who have worked under Nash will be making up the bulk of the team here pretty soon anyway.

My concern with the usual Evan approach is he will muddle through hiring someone that comes in with their own ideas and once more the youth system isn't compatible with the main team - I think a new manager would be more dangerous and experimental than promoting from within on a temporary basis.

One thing for sure though, Lambert has to go - he can not make this team work, and this team CAN work and SHOULD work. For me, Nash is the ideal man for the job until at least the end of the season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nash on 12:40 - Nov 29 with 900 viewsgazzer1999

" I think a new manager would be more dangerous and experimental than promoting from within on a temporary basis." Couldn't agree more, however we need Burley as well to oversee it all.
Nash on 12:44 - Nov 29 with 874 viewswkj

Nash on 12:40 - Nov 29 by gazzer1999

" I think a new manager would be more dangerous and experimental than promoting from within on a temporary basis." Couldn't agree more, however we need Burley as well to oversee it all.

I'm not casting Burley out, but I am more afraid of his legacy being tarnished if it goes wrong - so I like the idea of him being in less of a direct management role.

Crybaby

Nash on 13:03 - Nov 29 with 816 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Putting sentiment to one side, the promotion of Nash makes far more sense than just putting KD straight into the hot seat

Poll: Our final position

Nash on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 784 viewsitfcjoe

Why do you think Nash has done remarkable with the youths? I hear this sort of thing bandied about a bit.

Nash has recently been moved to basically a non-job role, it was billed as scouting opposition, but is now basically individual coaching of those between the U23s and 1st team squad - it’s the exact same non job Klug went into when Keane was here.

He was manager, then made joint manager of U23sz his joint manager Chris Hogh became Newcastle U23s manager, whereas he is now coaching 3-4 players here.

That’s not to say he’s a bad coach, or bad choice, or less qualified than KD......but he’s not being treated as the next big thing at the club.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nash on 13:15 - Nov 29 with 747 viewswkj

Nash on 13:10 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Why do you think Nash has done remarkable with the youths? I hear this sort of thing bandied about a bit.

Nash has recently been moved to basically a non-job role, it was billed as scouting opposition, but is now basically individual coaching of those between the U23s and 1st team squad - it’s the exact same non job Klug went into when Keane was here.

He was manager, then made joint manager of U23sz his joint manager Chris Hogh became Newcastle U23s manager, whereas he is now coaching 3-4 players here.

That’s not to say he’s a bad coach, or bad choice, or less qualified than KD......but he’s not being treated as the next big thing at the club.

Im certainly not wanting to tout him as a big thing, but rather someone that knows the vision for the youth setup intimately. PDL South Champions 2018-19 during his time as the U23 manager - With players who are now breaching 1st team consideration.

I feel he has done remarkably well as he has been a youth manager for many years and has earned his promotions.

Crybaby

Nash on 13:21 - Nov 29 with 710 viewsDublinBlue84

Nash on 13:03 - Nov 29 by southnorfolkblue

Putting sentiment to one side, the promotion of Nash makes far more sense than just putting KD straight into the hot seat

The thing is people mention Dyer more because he's been a big name player for us and his status in the game, despite the fact he's far less experienced and qualified as a coach compared to Nash who is a UEFA Pro licensed coach (Dyer is the level below) and also has an academy managers license.

Lets not forget Nash himself was a player for the club who retired due to injuries and has been on the payroll for the last 20 yeas and worked his way up to the point where he is now. That shows tremendous loyalty if nothing else.

I can't see it happening though since the talk about the new role of Nash from Klug, Lambert and O'Neil has been rather inconsistent, they're each described his role rather differently and it does smell a bit like him being pushed aside for Dyer. Presumably they feel that by doing that he is likely to leave of his own accord rather than having to pay him off.

The fact he was U23 manager and then Chris Hogg was then named joint manager with him and Hogg was involved with the First team more than Nash was at that time also suggests that Nash is not highly rated internally as well. It's clear as a club they rated Hogg more. I'm not saying Nash is a bad coach, but you get the impression that perhaps the club doesn't feel he has what it takes to go any higher whereas KD does, even if Nassh is a better coach right now.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Nash on 13:38 - Nov 29 with 637 viewsFtnfwest

I think it’s exactly the time for experimenting on this sort of level. Apart from his disastrous choice of Hurst, every appointment ME has made has been an ‘old lag’ that’s done it before. The only thing that will turn us around is a forward thinking younger coach that hasn’t ‘done it somewhere else’, we need a revolution and reset.
Nash on 13:57 - Nov 29 with 564 viewsBryanPlug

Nash on 13:38 - Nov 29 by Ftnfwest

I think it’s exactly the time for experimenting on this sort of level. Apart from his disastrous choice of Hurst, every appointment ME has made has been an ‘old lag’ that’s done it before. The only thing that will turn us around is a forward thinking younger coach that hasn’t ‘done it somewhere else’, we need a revolution and reset.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Nash on 14:15 - Nov 29 with 499 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nash on 13:21 - Nov 29 by DublinBlue84

The thing is people mention Dyer more because he's been a big name player for us and his status in the game, despite the fact he's far less experienced and qualified as a coach compared to Nash who is a UEFA Pro licensed coach (Dyer is the level below) and also has an academy managers license.

Lets not forget Nash himself was a player for the club who retired due to injuries and has been on the payroll for the last 20 yeas and worked his way up to the point where he is now. That shows tremendous loyalty if nothing else.

I can't see it happening though since the talk about the new role of Nash from Klug, Lambert and O'Neil has been rather inconsistent, they're each described his role rather differently and it does smell a bit like him being pushed aside for Dyer. Presumably they feel that by doing that he is likely to leave of his own accord rather than having to pay him off.

The fact he was U23 manager and then Chris Hogg was then named joint manager with him and Hogg was involved with the First team more than Nash was at that time also suggests that Nash is not highly rated internally as well. It's clear as a club they rated Hogg more. I'm not saying Nash is a bad coach, but you get the impression that perhaps the club doesn't feel he has what it takes to go any higher whereas KD does, even if Nassh is a better coach right now.

So Hogg as manager with Nash (and Dyer?) as assistant(s)?

Need some more experience around them? Maybe look for someone more recently connected in the game than Burley.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024