Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) 08:35 - Dec 4 with 810 viewsDubtractor

I appreciate you won't read this, hell I doubt many on here will either, but it feels cathartic to have a little vent.

Don't be too surprised that ITFC supporters don't buy into your latest missive, that they are critical of your message, the way it is delivered, or doubt your claim to know the bigger picture.

After all:

It was you that gave Jim, a rookie manager doing OK on a small budget, free reign on the purse strings to buy a massively unbalanced (and overpriced) midfield.

It was you that appointed known headcase Keane, again gave him free reign on the budget with little professional oversight, kept him on for 18 months when it was clear to everyone it wasn't going to work after 2 months, and allowed him to do real damage to the club.

It was you that appointed Jewell, a manager who hadn't achieved for a decade, the very definition of a manager well past his best, and allowed him to employ a rotating cast of journeymen.

When you finally made a decent appointment, you failed to effectively support him financially, most notably in the playoff season that could have been so much more. You then allowed him to play his part in a deteriorating relationship with the fanbase with regular remarks to get a reaction in press conferences. I don't blame McCarthy for wanting to say what he did, but a vaguely competent owner would recognise the damage being caused and step in.

It was you that appointed Hurst and allowed him to do more damage to the club in a few months that any of the other appointments combined. What the actual f@ck were you thinking to stand by and let that happen?

It was you that appointed Lambert, despite his Norwich connections, a manager with at best a mixed record since leaving our rivals. Then to hand out a 5 year contract when almost any other club in the league would give him the push is perhaps the most remarkable act you have carried out during your ownership.

On top of all of this you have overseen a gradual deterioration of everything that made our club a real part of the community in Ipswich and the wider county. It is to Lambert's credit that he recognised this, even his his awful management somewhat overshadows it.

This latest statement, on top of all of the above, is the last straw. It is a p1ss take to be quite honest, and you shouldn't be surprised at all that huge numbers of the very people you need are outraged by it.

Yours

Dubbers.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 8:36]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 684 viewsJackSted

Has ME got an email address within ITFC? Maybe try send that rant to him via email so more chance of him seeing it

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 682 viewsBluefish

Well said mate

I have honestly spent half the night awake trying to get my head around the f** up that our club currently is. I've always had sympathy and support for Marcus Evans but his statement has properly got me. At a time where football is our go to to get us through the sh*t situation the country and the world is in I have just lost my football club

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:15 - Dec 4 with 647 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

THIS!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:18 - Dec 4 with 636 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...you forgot to mention it was him that appointed Clegg to run the whole club. A man with clearly no footballing knowledge or experience!!

...a man who could clearly be bullied by Keane.

Of course Clegg was followed by a couple of suits from MEG who also had know footballing knowledge or experience.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:19 - Dec 4 with 626 viewsCrayonKing

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:04 - Dec 4 by JackSted

Has ME got an email address within ITFC? Maybe try send that rant to him via email so more chance of him seeing it

got to be worth trying marcus.evans@itfc.co.uk!
FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:23 - Dec 4 with 612 viewsDubtractor

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:18 - Dec 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

...you forgot to mention it was him that appointed Clegg to run the whole club. A man with clearly no footballing knowledge or experience!!

...a man who could clearly be bullied by Keane.

Of course Clegg was followed by a couple of suits from MEG who also had know footballing knowledge or experience.

Yep, just one feck up after another.

How dare he preach to us that he knows best.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 575 viewsBiGDonnie

"Marcus you're a c*nt. Marcus, Marcus you're a c*nt" - has a serious ring to it.

Also, what sort of fookin name is Marcus?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:58 - Dec 4 with 511 viewsKropotkin123

I should have read this before righting my own. But interesting that you use the same "It was you". Baffling that over 13 years of mismanagement he chooses to suggest supporters are at fault

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 10:24 - Dec 4 with 463 viewsDubtractor

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 09:58 - Dec 4 by Kropotkin123

I should have read this before righting my own. But interesting that you use the same "It was you". Baffling that over 13 years of mismanagement he chooses to suggest supporters are at fault

Great minds and all that!

FAO Marcus Evans (Rant inside) on 10:52 - Dec 4 with 433 viewsChrisd

Don't shoot the messenger Dubbers, perhaps.........It was all the fans' fault?!
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 10:54]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024