Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I ***king loved Boncho 23:23 - Dec 17 with 2527 viewsMelford

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I ***king loved Boncho on 23:44 - Dec 17 with 2463 viewsKingsCrossBlue

Absolute hero!

I remember being so excited at him playing at US ‘94; and my brother nearly passing out when he nutmegged Maldini.
I ***king loved Boncho on 02:27 - Dec 18 with 2387 viewsIllinoisblue

Great find, never seen that before. So many memories. Love the mixture of random bloke filming from the crowd then switches to Des and Hansen giving analysis from Match of the Day. Those weirdly hung blue nets always remind me of Bontcho but that goal away at Spurs is my favorite. Absolute scenes in the away end.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I ***king loved Boncho on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 2182 viewsMonkeyAlan

I remember being at Whitehart lane the night we beat them 2-0, Boncho and Frank Yallop if my memory is correct. Yallop scored against Man U the same week at home l recall too. Quite rare, as he didn't score many, but got 2 in a week.
I ***king loved Boncho on 10:19 - Dec 18 with 2146 viewsTJS

I ***king loved Boncho on 09:32 - Dec 18 by MonkeyAlan

I remember being at Whitehart lane the night we beat them 2-0, Boncho and Frank Yallop if my memory is correct. Yallop scored against Man U the same week at home l recall too. Quite rare, as he didn't score many, but got 2 in a week.

I was there too - Yallop scored an absolute thunderbolt.
I was 19 - god I feel sorry for Town fans who are 19 now.
I ***king loved Boncho on 12:54 - Dec 18 with 2073 viewsRadlett_blue

I ***king loved Boncho on 10:19 - Dec 18 by TJS

I was there too - Yallop scored an absolute thunderbolt.
I was 19 - god I feel sorry for Town fans who are 19 now.

Rather like my son, whose first game was at home to Arsenal in the Premier League in 2000.
He's been to quite a lot of games with me since & we always go to Watford away as it's so near. A few years ago, he said to me, "Dad, I think I've seen Watford win more times in my life than I've seen Ipswich win".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:06 - Dec 18 with 2062 viewsbenrhyddingblue

I ***king loved Boncho on 12:54 - Dec 18 by Radlett_blue

Rather like my son, whose first game was at home to Arsenal in the Premier League in 2000.
He's been to quite a lot of games with me since & we always go to Watford away as it's so near. A few years ago, he said to me, "Dad, I think I've seen Watford win more times in my life than I've seen Ipswich win".

I have boys are 10 and 13. Their 'highlights' so far are beating Newcastle 3.1 and a 5.2 away win at Rotherham (even these are now several years ago). I think I apologise to them at least on a weekly basis for having forged them into Ipswich fans. They're still loyal though despite living so far away, although not to the current management regime I might add.
I ***king loved Boncho on 13:13 - Dec 18 with 2037 viewsSteve_M

I ***king loved Boncho on 02:27 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Great find, never seen that before. So many memories. Love the mixture of random bloke filming from the crowd then switches to Des and Hansen giving analysis from Match of the Day. Those weirdly hung blue nets always remind me of Bontcho but that goal away at Spurs is my favorite. Absolute scenes in the away end.

The best bit is Bontcho setting up Johnson & Kiwomya to miss chances.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:31 - Dec 18 with 2040 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:43 - Dec 18 with 2016 viewsMookamoo

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:31 - Dec 18 by BryanPlug

I wonder how much the chant helped him be remembered so fondly. Everyone joined in through from the kids to the old ladies.

Who now ever spares a thought for Paul Mason?
I ***king loved Boncho on 13:45 - Dec 18 with 2011 viewslongtimefan

Watching that it does amuse me that people think the state of our pitch now is poor.
I ***king loved Boncho on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 2011 viewsTJS

Talking of 'scenes' - about 6 weeks later Kiwomya put us 1-0 up against Arsenal in the FA Cup Quarter Final at PR.
I think I was on an aisle seat in the old NS and ended up in front of the metal barrier above the exit with about 10 people piling into the back of me.
I was a bit winded but I didn't care.
For a beautiful few minutes I actually thought we could win the whole thing.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 13:47]
I ***king loved Boncho on 14:53 - Dec 18 with 1976 viewsChurchman

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:43 - Dec 18 by Mookamoo

I wonder how much the chant helped him be remembered so fondly. Everyone joined in through from the kids to the old ladies.

Who now ever spares a thought for Paul Mason?

Decent player, Mason. A bit lightweight but compared to today’s dross he’s Maradona, Cruyff and Pele rolled into one! I was interested to see clips of Gavin Johnson - I thought he was a lovely little player, but sadly his career was blighted by glass knees. Still I’ll never forget that goal at Anfield in the FA Cup replay the previous season. A real ‘I was there’ moment. Boncho? Good player and that chant was one of those that took days to get out of your head.

When I look back on that team, it wasn’t the best but to see it is to see how far we have fallen. Imagine winning 2-0 at Carrot Road and 3-1 at home at the end of the season, hammering Leeds 4-2, being disappointed at being cheated into a 2-2 draw with Liverpool by that cheat Dean Saunders, coming from behind against Blackburn and beating Man City in a routine home win. So sad.

Our saviour Evans and Mr Sheepshanks have a lot to answer for.
I ***king loved Boncho on 15:08 - Dec 18 with 1963 viewsTJS

I ***king loved Boncho on 14:53 - Dec 18 by Churchman

Decent player, Mason. A bit lightweight but compared to today’s dross he’s Maradona, Cruyff and Pele rolled into one! I was interested to see clips of Gavin Johnson - I thought he was a lovely little player, but sadly his career was blighted by glass knees. Still I’ll never forget that goal at Anfield in the FA Cup replay the previous season. A real ‘I was there’ moment. Boncho? Good player and that chant was one of those that took days to get out of your head.

When I look back on that team, it wasn’t the best but to see it is to see how far we have fallen. Imagine winning 2-0 at Carrot Road and 3-1 at home at the end of the season, hammering Leeds 4-2, being disappointed at being cheated into a 2-2 draw with Liverpool by that cheat Dean Saunders, coming from behind against Blackburn and beating Man City in a routine home win. So sad.

Our saviour Evans and Mr Sheepshanks have a lot to answer for.

Taking 4 (FOUR) points off the team that went on to win the title as well !
I ***king loved Boncho on 19:38 - Dec 18 with 1880 viewsTIB

BONCHO BONCHO BONCHO

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I ***king loved Boncho on 20:05 - Dec 18 with 1854 viewsel_nino

I’ve never heard one man’s name be pronounced in so many different ways than in that 10 minute clip...
I ***king loved Boncho on 22:07 - Dec 18 with 1783 viewsTJS

As I think previously mentioned on here the great man is also referenced in the rather lovely song Teenage Winter by Saint Etienne.
I ***king loved Boncho on 23:40 - Dec 18 with 1740 viewsMelford

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:31 - Dec 18 by BryanPlug

I remember loads of articles in the media when you had Kolo and YaYa Toure tune being really popular and nobody mentioned we were the first club to have a chant to this back in 93.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I ***king loved Boncho on 13:42 - Dec 19 with 1579 viewsBryanPlug

I ***king loved Boncho on 23:40 - Dec 18 by Melford

I remember loads of articles in the media when you had Kolo and YaYa Toure tune being really popular and nobody mentioned we were the first club to have a chant to this back in 93.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I ***king loved Boncho on 15:34 - Dec 19 with 1522 viewscarlisleaway

Absolutely brilliant what a great find to cheer me up this afternoon and what a player, oh how I miss those days. Some good goals and the atmosphere was electric in the Old North Stand
Cannot see those times coming back, have to think I was lucky to see those players, just shows what the younger fans have missed out since Evans took over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024