Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... 03:19 - Jan 6 with 1037 viewsmonytowbray

Between China and the USA, I don’t see how even the biggest corps using Chinese slavery and torture camps cam argue against the obvious path the CCP is taking.

Surely sh1tting on Hong Kong was never in the best long term interests? Or is it more of a d1ck waving contest to see how far they can push the boat out to no global repercussions? I’m not entirely sure of the motivations beyond total subservience of a population.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:18 - Jan 6 with 878 viewsGuthrum

When you say 'going to be' and 'new', it sounds like you're implying it isn't already in progress.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:20 - Jan 6 with 868 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sounds like we need the third Opium War so we can get HK back. Now we're 'free' of the EU there's nothing holding us back...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:22 - Jan 6 with 859 viewsmonytowbray

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:18 - Jan 6 by Guthrum

When you say 'going to be' and 'new', it sounds like you're implying it isn't already in progress.

In everything but name then.

I still wonder if historians will look back and debate if we can call the present WWIII? It certainly is already underway in an informational sense.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:41 - Jan 6 with 825 viewsIpswichKnight

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:18 - Jan 6 by Guthrum

The 1st cyber world war is very hot!
There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:44 - Jan 6 with 825 viewsStokieBlue

As Guthers said, it's already well underway. The Chinese have a lot of their current tech through espionage, the US is still ahead because it's spent trillions on defence over the last 40 years but China is catching up and has access to essentially free labour.

I see that 600,000 people have applied to resettle from HK to the UK under the government resettlement offer. It's not been covered in the press very heavily and I haven't seen a Brexiteer meltdown which is weird it's higher than 2 or 3 years annual EU immigration.

SB
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 9:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:52 - Jan 6 with 794 viewsRadlett_blue

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:44 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

As Guthers said, it's already well underway. The Chinese have a lot of their current tech through espionage, the US is still ahead because it's spent trillions on defence over the last 40 years but China is catching up and has access to essentially free labour.

I see that 600,000 people have applied to resettle from HK to the UK under the government resettlement offer. It's not been covered in the press very heavily and I haven't seen a Brexiteer meltdown which is weird it's higher than 2 or 3 years annual EU immigration.

SB
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 9:55]

As soon as Britain handed over Hong Kong, it was inevitable that the "two systems" wouldn't co-exist for ever. I think the HK Chinese were foolish to fight a battle which they couldn't win, while the West was never going to take on a country as large & important as China.
China will supersede the US as the #1 global superpower in time & there's nothing the US can do about it. They won't like it but those at the top have realised that the Pacific is effectively the new Cold War & Europe is now a side-show for the US (hence the more powerful position of Putin's Russia. The US is also far less interested in the Middle East, especially since it became self sufficient in energy. The US is still #1 militarily, because of its superior technology & huge defense budget.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 10:12 - Jan 6 with 748 viewsWD19

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:52 - Jan 6 by Radlett_blue

As soon as Britain handed over Hong Kong, it was inevitable that the "two systems" wouldn't co-exist for ever. I think the HK Chinese were foolish to fight a battle which they couldn't win, while the West was never going to take on a country as large & important as China.
China will supersede the US as the #1 global superpower in time & there's nothing the US can do about it. They won't like it but those at the top have realised that the Pacific is effectively the new Cold War & Europe is now a side-show for the US (hence the more powerful position of Putin's Russia. The US is also far less interested in the Middle East, especially since it became self sufficient in energy. The US is still #1 militarily, because of its superior technology & huge defense budget.

Isn't the general schtick that China has always been the worlds global superpower, with recent history being the exception rather than the rule!?

As I think Facters posted on here a year or so ago, the World War for water vs China & her African allies is going to be a doozy.
There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 616 viewsGuthrum

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 09:22 - Jan 6 by monytowbray

In everything but name then.

I still wonder if historians will look back and debate if we can call the present WWIII? It certainly is already underway in an informational sense.

Technically, we're up to about 4 or 5. The Seven Years War (plus associated conflicts, e.g. the French and Indian War) of 1756-63 was at least as global in reach as World War One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 18:25 - Jan 6 with 584 viewsRadlett_blue

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 17:56 - Jan 6 by Guthrum

Technically, we're up to about 4 or 5. The Seven Years War (plus associated conflicts, e.g. the French and Indian War) of 1756-63 was at least as global in reach as World War One.

WWI was largely a European war & was initially called "The Great War" until the far more horrendous - certainly in terms of civilian deaths - WWII came along 20 years later.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 18:26 - Jan 6 with 582 viewswkj

Indeed, the cold war is already in full swing, the flash point to an actual war in the next decade seems much more worthy of discussion.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 548 viewsStokieBlue

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 18:26 - Jan 6 by wkj

Indeed, the cold war is already in full swing, the flash point to an actual war in the next decade seems much more worthy of discussion.

I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the next 5 to 10 years some commander on the Spratly Islands (which they have seized) will take a pot shot at a western ship, probably US or Australian.

The Chinese have staked a claim to essentially the entire South China Sea even though it's totally against international law.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 19:33 - Jan 6 with 513 viewsBangor31

There’s almost certainly going to be a new Cold War in the next decade... on 19:07 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the next 5 to 10 years some commander on the Spratly Islands (which they have seized) will take a pot shot at a western ship, probably US or Australian.

The Chinese have staked a claim to essentially the entire South China Sea even though it's totally against international law.

SB

its such a difficult player for the west. do you get all puffy chest an get all Donald on them or do you do what we have been doing and just tut whenever they misbehave?

China and Russia are both annexing land illegally but if no one stands up to them they'll keep doing it. if you do stand up to them you could:
- get into a military war
- economic war
- cyber war
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024