Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" 14:11 - Jan 10 with 929 viewswkj

The nerve of our government - Home delivery have kept people in my family safe during Covid, and teachers are the first ones the government want at work (it is as if they pay their bills or something)

I actually can't think of many more key workers than supermarket staff beyond emergency, medical and care workers, and certainly not many more at a greater risk of exposure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 14:16 - Jan 10 with 892 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's specifically the Welsh government who have said that?

As a general point though you are spot on. The government have been appalling over this, they refuse to make specific rules then complain about compliance.

Apparently WFH through the whole pandemic in HR makes you a key worker. Also being a dog walker who walks a few dogs for NHS staff also makes you a key worker.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 14:19 - Jan 10 with 861 viewswkj

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 14:16 - Jan 10 by StokieBlue

I think it's specifically the Welsh government who have said that?

As a general point though you are spot on. The government have been appalling over this, they refuse to make specific rules then complain about compliance.

Apparently WFH through the whole pandemic in HR makes you a key worker. Also being a dog walker who walks a few dogs for NHS staff also makes you a key worker.

SB

It is staggering those examples you've given. I know the sainsbury's fellow who delivered this morning said that the store has had a cycle of sickness since it began and that he doesn't recall the last time there wasn't an understaffed workday.

Also, interestingly, I answered my door in my mask and he remarked how appreciative he was as so few people are doing it, presumably due to feeling invincible at home.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 15:58 - Jan 10 with 708 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 16:22 - Jan 10 with 648 viewsxrayspecs

It is some councils in Wales that have taken this view, it is not the view of the UK or Welsh government. Penty of reasons to not rate our government, but this is nothing to do with them.

I do though agree that it would be helpful for the government to give greater clarity about what is considered key and not. The list is longer than supermarkets, emergency, medical and care workers that you list. You also need to add in various education roles including those who look after the children of key workers when they are at work, the rest of the food supply chain, those who run and maintain public utilities and the transport network, as well as public safety and national security.

There are certainly far more children in school at the moment whose parents are not both key workers. Working in McDonalds does not make you a key worker.
"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 16:46 - Jan 10 with 594 viewsPinewoodblue

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 16:22 - Jan 10 by xrayspecs

It is some councils in Wales that have taken this view, it is not the view of the UK or Welsh government. Penty of reasons to not rate our government, but this is nothing to do with them.

I do though agree that it would be helpful for the government to give greater clarity about what is considered key and not. The list is longer than supermarkets, emergency, medical and care workers that you list. You also need to add in various education roles including those who look after the children of key workers when they are at work, the rest of the food supply chain, those who run and maintain public utilities and the transport network, as well as public safety and national security.

There are certainly far more children in school at the moment whose parents are not both key workers. Working in McDonalds does not make you a key worker.

Noticed that for education purposes they refer to critical workers, rather than key worker, and include teachers and also anyone working in the food chain.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 17:08 - Jan 10 with 549 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Teachers and supermarket staff ‘not key workers" on 16:46 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

Noticed that for education purposes they refer to critical workers, rather than key worker, and include teachers and also anyone working in the food chain.

Yes, that's correct. You say key, we say critical.

If anything the list may be too long. For example I know someone who works in HR for the council and is classified as a critical/key worker. Obviously that job can be done remotely.

Teachers are definitely classified as critical/key workers. I'm not sure on supermarket workers, but they may be eligible under "workers critical to the continuity of essential movement and storage of [food] goods".

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024