Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final hurrah today? 11:02 - Jan 30 with 2385 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Win, draw lose I think he goes on Monday. Well that's what I keep telling myself.
Final hurrah today? on 11:04 - Jan 30 with 2374 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that he's going nowhere until it's approaching renewals time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final hurrah today? on 11:09 - Jan 30 with 2345 viewswkj

The situation were in with the salary cap and a rebuild and the Cowleys being available should make sacking him a no brainer - but I bet you Evans is planning for Lambert to be the one with the task.

He's not going this season unless we end up in a relegation dog fight, that is my gut feeling.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Final hurrah today? on 11:12 - Jan 30 with 2335 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Final hurrah today? on 11:04 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that he's going nowhere until it's approaching renewals time.

This is the final of the '3 game' decider as many reliable people have mentioned. Surely losing 2 of them already overweighs this game? And, well, if we lose this one, surely it's out of the question?
Final hurrah today? on 11:15 - Jan 30 with 2320 viewswkj

Final hurrah today? on 11:12 - Jan 30 by abracaDOBRA_

This is the final of the '3 game' decider as many reliable people have mentioned. Surely losing 2 of them already overweighs this game? And, well, if we lose this one, surely it's out of the question?

The three game decider concept is just some fan propelled self imposed hope.
There really is nothing in it sadly, though I am thrilled to be proven wrong.

Crybaby

Final hurrah today? on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 2311 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Final hurrah today? on 11:15 - Jan 30 by wkj

The three game decider concept is just some fan propelled self imposed hope.
There really is nothing in it sadly, though I am thrilled to be proven wrong.

Eh? Phil has mentioned it, who we know has strong reliable connections. And Joe has heard the same thing who is also reliable.

I wouldn't say it was made up by fans!
Final hurrah today? on 11:20 - Jan 30 with 2288 viewswkj

Final hurrah today? on 11:17 - Jan 30 by abracaDOBRA_

Eh? Phil has mentioned it, who we know has strong reliable connections. And Joe has heard the same thing who is also reliable.

I wouldn't say it was made up by fans!

I am more than happy to be proven wrong. The only thing I have seen Phil say personally is that he has a feeling things are coming to a head.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 11:20]

Crybaby

Final hurrah today? on 11:24 - Jan 30 with 2266 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Final hurrah today? on 11:20 - Jan 30 by wkj

I am more than happy to be proven wrong. The only thing I have seen Phil say personally is that he has a feeling things are coming to a head.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 11:20]

From Phil (Not sure how to attach the actual comment so copied it)

"I think things are coming to a head, couple of people said to me today we're entering the endgame, the outcome of these three games, today, Sunderland and Crewe, being crucial for PL's survival."
Final hurrah today? on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 2243 viewswkj

Final hurrah today? on 11:24 - Jan 30 by abracaDOBRA_

From Phil (Not sure how to attach the actual comment so copied it)

"I think things are coming to a head, couple of people said to me today we're entering the endgame, the outcome of these three games, today, Sunderland and Crewe, being crucial for PL's survival."

We shall see, but I still don't get the feeling these are hard and fast rules.

In any case, we will probably win 5-0 or something stupid today to twist the knive.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Final hurrah today? on 11:28 - Jan 30 with 2236 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Final hurrah today? on 11:26 - Jan 30 by wkj

We shall see, but I still don't get the feeling these are hard and fast rules.

In any case, we will probably win 5-0 or something stupid today to twist the knive.

Who knows apart from the man at the top. I do think now is the right time with no Tuesday game this week. Gives a new man the whole week to train and get things up and running. After this week, its 2 games per week for a long long time.
Final hurrah today? on 12:47 - Jan 30 with 2138 viewsBeckets

Lose today and it would be the first time this season we've lost 3 games in a row this season. Hopefully that would be the tipping point even for Evans.
Final hurrah today? on 12:57 - Jan 30 with 2112 viewsChrisd

I've given up trying to second guess now, but if a manager can be as clueless as ours and go on these ridiculously poor runs of form you really have to question what ME's motives and ambitions are for us as a club in going forwards?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Final hurrah today? on 13:01 - Jan 30 with 2102 viewsChrisd

Final hurrah today? on 11:12 - Jan 30 by abracaDOBRA_

Should it make any difference if we win today? I don't agree with Abramovich's sacking of Lampard far too early IMO, but our owner should stop tip-toeing around and do the decent thing. PL has had long enough to show his hand as our manager and at the end of the day, it's just not very good. A win at Crewe isn't suddenly going to change things.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 13:25]

Final hurrah today? on 13:10 - Jan 30 with 2060 viewsbrogansnose

Frankly, its got to be so far beyond comprehension and reason that he's still here that its impossible to say when and under what circumstances he will actually go.
Final hurrah today? on 13:23 - Jan 30 with 2023 viewsArnieM

Sadly I think not . Can’t see Evans sacking him atm .
1) players trimming from injury still hasn’t taken effect yet - so plausible deniability for PL
2) Love him or hate him Lambert remains quite unwell - don’t think Evans is so heartless as to sack him at present .
3) 2 year contract get out clause yet to be triggered .

Just my view in it at present .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Final hurrah today? on 13:32 - Jan 30 with 1991 viewsBlueBadger

Final hurrah today? on 13:23 - Jan 30 by ArnieM

Sadly I think not . Can’t see Evans sacking him atm .
1) players trimming from injury still hasn’t taken effect yet - so plausible deniability for PL
2) Love him or hate him Lambert remains quite unwell - don’t think Evans is so heartless as to sack him at present .
3) 2 year contract get out clause yet to be triggered .

Just my view in it at present .

Re: point 2, remind yourself of where Jim Magilton was and what he was doing when he received the call sacking him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Final hurrah today? on 13:38 - Jan 30 with 1955 viewsMonkeyAlan

He is going nowhere. Evans is digging his heels in. He isn't going to be told by the fans anymore.
Final hurrah today? on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 1945 viewsRocky

As always, I'll always be hoping we win. But wouldn't be too stressed if we got hammered.
Weird times - thanks to Lambert.
Final hurrah today? on 13:45 - Jan 30 with 1921 viewshadleighboyblue

Final hurrah today? on 13:38 - Jan 30 by MonkeyAlan

He is going nowhere. Evans is digging his heels in. He isn't going to be told by the fans anymore.

If he doesn't act , he will certainly be told by the fans come renewal time .
Final hurrah today? on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 1884 viewsMonkeyAlan

Final hurrah today? on 13:45 - Jan 30 by hadleighboyblue

If he doesn't act , he will certainly be told by the fans come renewal time .

Thing is, l don't think he cares. He is a stubborn bugga and isn't taking any notice of the fans. I don't think he gives a stuff about the supporters.
Final hurrah today? on 14:00 - Jan 30 with 1864 viewsChrisd

Final hurrah today? on 13:55 - Jan 30 by MonkeyAlan

Thing is, l don't think he cares. He is a stubborn bugga and isn't taking any notice of the fans. I don't think he gives a stuff about the supporters.

See, I can't see his logic with this approach. This is a club he owns, club with a rich history and pedigree, but we're sinking fast under his watch and he's happy to oversee that? If I was him I'd be completely embarrassed from where we were when he took over in 2007 to the shambles we are currently, but that's me not him.

Final hurrah today? on 14:16 - Jan 30 with 1838 viewsWD19

Final hurrah today? on 13:38 - Jan 30 by MonkeyAlan

I am having a glass half full day.

Lambert is well connected in the game. Which means that I am taking it that his recent uptick in national media appearances is directly related to the knowledge Evans is on manoeuvres and he is done.

Hopefully.
Final hurrah today? on 14:59 - Jan 30 with 1770 viewsArnoldMoorhen

My gut feeling is that the Salary Cap in League One means that it is very much in Evans' interest for us to be in League One next season.

He runs events businesses worldwide. We can only imagine the effect of 18 months to 2 years of Covid impacting those businesses. Having his losses at ITFC capped to £2 or 3 million per year is very handy whilst he concentrates on his core business.

If half of season ticket holders renew at close to current prices he may even break even on a newly trimmed squad under the salary cap. A couple of player sales and he could even be in profit for the year.
Final hurrah today? on 15:09 - Jan 30 with 1729 viewsWD19

Final hurrah today? on 14:59 - Jan 30 by ArnoldMoorhen

My gut feeling is that the Salary Cap in League One means that it is very much in Evans' interest for us to be in League One next season.

He runs events businesses worldwide. We can only imagine the effect of 18 months to 2 years of Covid impacting those businesses. Having his losses at ITFC capped to £2 or 3 million per year is very handy whilst he concentrates on his core business.

If half of season ticket holders renew at close to current prices he may even break even on a newly trimmed squad under the salary cap. A couple of player sales and he could even be in profit for the year.

Why did he vote against it then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024