Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert 10:05 - Mar 1 with 621 viewsCrockerITFC

Evans probably wouldn't have sold if we were still in the Championship
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:07 - Mar 1 with 605 viewsPJH

In that case Paul Hurst needs most of the thanks because I consider him to be the main reason that we are not still in the Championship.
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:07 - Mar 1 with 592 viewsWD19

For showing us what bad really looks like so we are grateful for just about anything else!?
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:07 - Mar 1 with 590 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hadn’t considered that. Maybe we should get a Lambert statue?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 23:21]
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:16 - Mar 1 with 553 viewstractordownsouth

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:07 - Mar 1 by PJH

In that case Paul Hurst needs most of the thanks because I consider him to be the main reason that we are not still in the Championship.

Exactly that. Hurst is to blame for our relegation but Lambert had more than enough tools to get us back up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:18 - Mar 1 with 544 viewsSteve_M

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:07 - Mar 1 by PJH

Well, quite.

I also think Evans might still have sold and got a bit more for the club at that level. He was seriously thinking about it around Autumn 2017 and then changed his mind.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:20 - Mar 1 with 532 viewshomer_123

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:16 - Mar 1 by tractordownsouth

Exactly that. Hurst is to blame for our relegation but Lambert had more than enough tools to get us back up.

Evans is equally culpable though, sanctioned Hurst gutting the squad.

Similar to Sheepshanks culpability for mis-managing finances that lead to administration.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:22 - Mar 1 with 518 viewsPJH

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 10:16 - Mar 1 by tractordownsouth

Yes 100% correct.

Although Hurst did most of the damage I will never accept that we were not saveable when PL arrived but in any case Pl should have taken us straight back up last season.
In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 11:03 - Mar 1 with 478 viewsborge

Not quite sure that is true, but I do think his initial efforts to bring the club and fanbase back together were probably incredibly helpful in terms of making us an attractive proposition.

Would the potential new owners really have believed we could pull in big crowds if they hadn't seen the attendance figures for last year?

I think I read that our average attendance prior to COVID was second in League One after Sunderland and was higher than all but five Championship clubs. That was down to the buzz Lambert created and whilst he was a total failure otherwise, he at least deserves some credit for that.

Obviously we as fans were a very large part of that, but thinking back to the Hurst debacle and the last couple of seasons under Mick, crowds were low and enthusiasm lower.
Login to get fewer ads

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 11:18 - Mar 1 with 431 viewsRegencyBlue

In a weird way we should all be thankful for Paul Lambert on 11:03 - Mar 1 by borge

Not quite sure that is true, but I do think his initial efforts to bring the club and fanbase back together were probably incredibly helpful in terms of making us an attractive proposition.

Would the potential new owners really have believed we could pull in big crowds if they hadn't seen the attendance figures for last year?

I think I read that our average attendance prior to COVID was second in League One after Sunderland and was higher than all but five Championship clubs. That was down to the buzz Lambert created and whilst he was a total failure otherwise, he at least deserves some credit for that.

Obviously we as fans were a very large part of that, but thinking back to the Hurst debacle and the last couple of seasons under Mick, crowds were low and enthusiasm lower.

Fair point.

I wanted Lambert to be successful, as I want all of our managers to be successful, because if he was then that means the club is successful.

He clearly recognised there were major issues at all levels of the club and did start to make noises about them, before the five year contract bought him off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024