Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ask yourself a question 08:34 - Mar 1 with 1270 viewsfergalsharkey

Why have this American consortium looked at buying us?

We own no property, we have no saleable assets ,the ground itself is a mess and needs a serious facelift and in my opinion the playing staff are mediocre at best.

If he is writing off the debt to his company and simply selling for £30 million and we start agin with a clean slate then fair play to him.
But what next?

Sell the training ground to build houses, sell any players of any value, bust the club due to lack of income and piss off?
I can see it coming.

Poll: Cook out?

Ask yourself a question on 08:38 - Mar 1 with 1214 viewsGeorge03

I can see that all coming in years to come if they don’t get a quick return. But in the coming years they are not going to do they. They are only going to make a viable return if they get us to the premier league.

However, I hope by them putting a proper structure in place and employing a proper footballing CEO in mark Ashton the money can be spent wisely and we can get to where they want to be.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 8:43]
Ask yourself a question on 08:40 - Mar 1 with 1187 viewssnudge27

Oh p*ss off with your baseless negativity.

I'd suggest that it's more a case of them having identified a club with the potential to get into a much more profitable position, that's currently available at a knock-down price.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Ask yourself a question on 08:40 - Mar 1 with 1188 viewsclive_baker

Quite the opposite I would say. The very fact the net book value of the assets is relatively low should give fans comfort. They’re not investing money to break the club up and sell it off or they’ll do so at a loss, there’s nothing in that. The only value they’ll realise in ITFC is a promotion, ideally 2, and flipping the club to another buyer in 5-7 years when we’re much closer to the riches of the premier league and this more attractive, valuable and saleable.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ask yourself a question on 08:42 - Mar 1 with 1154 viewsRegencyBlue

And the alternative is, more of Evans!

That’s gone stunningly well hasn’t it.
Ask yourself a question on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 1061 viewshomer_123

'Why have this American consortium looked at buying us?'

It's been very clearly stated - the aim is to gain promotion and look to sell the club on.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ask yourself a question on 09:10 - Mar 1 with 1005 viewsfactual_blue

I think they actually want to build a pedalo factory on the Portman Road site. The consortium's smart corporate lawyers will convince the council a pedalo factory falls within the ambit of the covenants on the land, the river is nearby.

I'm sure you'd welcome that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I agree on 09:12 - Mar 1 with 985 viewsunstableblue

Ask yourself a question on 08:40 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

Quite the opposite I would say. The very fact the net book value of the assets is relatively low should give fans comfort. They’re not investing money to break the club up and sell it off or they’ll do so at a loss, there’s nothing in that. The only value they’ll realise in ITFC is a promotion, ideally 2, and flipping the club to another buyer in 5-7 years when we’re much closer to the riches of the premier league and this more attractive, valuable and saleable.

Not owning the ground is a positive for fans, as the only way to drive value is to get Ipswich into the Premier League.

Also and critically, where can you get a team with a guaranteed 30k+ home gate if the team is successful, with history, a half decent stadium and facilities for £30m, with a £100m debt removed.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ask yourself a question on 09:32 - Mar 1 with 936 viewsGuthrum

Because Mike O'Leary and his associates were putting together a project to take over a football club they considered to be undervalued and with potential (say, a rather faded former great with a decent squad, good facilities, history and a loyal fanbase, but stuck in a lower division) and were aware of a US investment group with a background in soccer who could have access to the necessary funds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Upvote for not gong down the.... on 09:41 - Mar 1 with 875 viewsBloots

Ask yourself a question on 09:32 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

Because Mike O'Leary and his associates were putting together a project to take over a football club they considered to be undervalued and with potential (say, a rather faded former great with a decent squad, good facilities, history and a loyal fanbase, but stuck in a lower division) and were aware of a US investment group with a background in soccer who could have access to the necessary funds.

....Brett Johnson route.

His name has been thrust forward because he has a social media presence.

He's just one of the investors.

Your synopsis is also spot on.

(I just wish we weren't going to be run by a bloke with the same name as the Ryanair knobber)

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Upvote for not gong down the.... on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 818 viewsGuthrum

Upvote for not gong down the.... on 09:41 - Mar 1 by Bloots

....Brett Johnson route.

His name has been thrust forward because he has a social media presence.

He's just one of the investors.

Your synopsis is also spot on.

(I just wish we weren't going to be run by a bloke with the same name as the Ryanair knobber)

Same middle name, even. Which makes researching the right bloke quite difficult.

Brett M Johnson by Guthrum 27 Feb 2021 14:36
'... Mike O'Leary, a lifelong Albion fan who was the Baggies' chief executive for some two years following Jeremy Peace's arrival as Hawthorns chairman and is currently a non-executive director with Oxford.' Birmingham Live 26/8/2014

'With over 30 years of board level experience involving Chairmanship and CEO roles, including two years as Chief Executive at West Bromwich Albion FC, Mike brings a wealth of business and sports expertise to the Board. ' Oxford United official website 16/7/2014

https://www.dotdigitalgroup.com/about-us/board/

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/UK/XLON/EPWN/company-people/executive-profile/122014488

https://www.sharecast.com/news/aim-bulletin/mike-oleary-to-take-up-role-as-chairman-at-dotdigital--7241040.html

From a brief dig. A job I once did involved researching and profiling people like that (as potential donors for charities).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ask yourself a question on 10:19 - Mar 1 with 752 viewsDinDjarin

Ask yourself a question on 09:10 - Mar 1 by factual_blue

I think they actually want to build a pedalo factory on the Portman Road site. The consortium's smart corporate lawyers will convince the council a pedalo factory falls within the ambit of the covenants on the land, the river is nearby.

I'm sure you'd welcome that.

Want to start making John Player fags again. TWTD.
Ask yourself a question on 10:28 - Mar 1 with 724 viewsRadlett_blue

Ask yourself a question on 08:40 - Mar 1 by snudge27

Oh p*ss off with your baseless negativity.

I'd suggest that it's more a case of them having identified a club with the potential to get into a much more profitable position, that's currently available at a knock-down price.

How can Town be made "profitable" without getting into the PL? Impossible, given how much most Championship clubs are losing. I don't know anything about the prospective new owners, but buying any club outside the PL is a wild gamble which will require serious investment to stand any chance of paying off.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ask yourself a question on 11:13 - Mar 1 with 670 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Watch the interview that Brett Johnston did with the idiot local tv host re Pawtucket plans. He is a details man. He builds a plan based on the football club becoming a hub for community regeneration, and with the club's facilities being used 365 days of the year, not 20. He also seems to be very good at gaining state government economic support. 7

We look at PR and think it has been developed to the max, bounded as it is by roads on two sides. He sees opportunities that we haven't yet imagined. The question is whether they are at Portman Road, or some other site in or outside the Town.

Go Suffolk Honey Badgers! Fight! Fight!! FIGHT!!!

Who knows? He does.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024