Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? 08:13 - Mar 3 with 1756 viewsBluefish

What does it hit?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:13 - Mar 3 with 1750 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The back of the net. Glad to help.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:15 - Mar 3 with 1729 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:13 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

The back of the net. Glad to help.

Argh.... technically it's the front of the net because the back of the net is at the back of the goal .Glad to help

Poll: If it were one or the other

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:37 - Mar 3 with 1635 viewsBasuco

Their keeper did a brilliant job to take out his own defender to gift an open goal for James Wilson.
Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:37 - Mar 3 with 1636 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:15 - Mar 3 by Metal_Hacker

Argh.... technically it's the front of the net because the back of the net is at the back of the goal .Glad to help

However, the phrase "back of the net" means "in the goal" in modern parlance. No-one ever says "back of the net" and mean behind the goal. Glad to help.

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:44 - Mar 3 with 1590 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:37 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

However, the phrase "back of the net" means "in the goal" in modern parlance. No-one ever says "back of the net" and mean behind the goal. Glad to help.

I bow down to your greater knowledge of "parlance/jargon" and I must make a note to one self not to take this so literally - if only I'd had known before I made myself look soooo silly

Thanks for helping

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:54 - Mar 3 with 1539 viewsADStephenson

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:37 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

When I used to play at school there was a wall behind the goal. When someone shot wide and it got stuck behind the goal we would all shout "back of the net" in a Partridge-esque manner. Obviously it was hilarious to us at the time. Every time. For years...

www.adstephenson.com

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:59 - Mar 3 with 1511 viewsjayessess

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:37 - Mar 3 by Basuco

Their keeper did a brilliant job to take out his own defender to gift an open goal for James Wilson.

Was feeling quite sorry for their sub keeper at half-time, as he was so rubbish that I assumed he must be a 17-year-old and this was his first league game. Turned out he'd played half their league games this season!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:02 - Mar 3 with 1485 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:59 - Mar 3 by jayessess

Was feeling quite sorry for their sub keeper at half-time, as he was so rubbish that I assumed he must be a 17-year-old and this was his first league game. Turned out he'd played half their league games this season!

Including a decent performance at PR

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:05 - Mar 3 with 1470 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:44 - Mar 3 by Metal_Hacker

I bow down to your greater knowledge of "parlance/jargon" and I must make a note to one self not to take this so literally - if only I'd had known before I made myself look soooo silly

Thanks for helping

It's "one's self." Glad to help (again).

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:12 - Mar 3 with 1416 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:05 - Mar 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

It's "one's self." Glad to help (again).

It's oneself....
https://www.grammar.com/oneself_vs._one%E2%80%99s_self
....you can thank me later!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 10:20 - Mar 3 with 1285 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:12 - Mar 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's oneself....

A better word, in context, would be 'myself'.

No need to thank me.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 11:07 - Mar 3 with 1204 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 09:12 - Mar 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's oneself....

I thought Mr. Hacker was referring to his spiritual self

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 11:19 - Mar 3 with 1155 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite. Even the foremost commentators of our age use the term to mean scoring.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 11:23 - Mar 3 with 1103 viewsBloomBlue

Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 08:15 - Mar 3 by Metal_Hacker

When you put a net up on the goal you make sure the front tag is facing the crowd so the front of the net is facing the crowd and the back is facing the pitch and therefore when the ball hits the net it is indeed 'back of the net'
Can someone explain the Wilson goal to me please? on 11:26 - Mar 3 with 1093 viewsMetal_Hacker

I've just had another look and I'm now certain it came of his left nad

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024