Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Combover 17:46 - Mar 5 with 876 viewsDubtractor

This is a hair style that seems to be pretty rare these days. Due a comeback?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Combover on 17:50 - Mar 5 with 650 viewsjeera

Not sure your beard will reach quite that far fella!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Combover on 17:51 - Mar 5 with 651 viewsgtsb1966

It was only popular with old men. As they snuff it the combover dies too thankfully. Us young baldies bic our heads everyday.
Combover on 17:56 - Mar 5 with 623 viewsDubtractor

Combover on 17:50 - Mar 5 by jeera

Not sure your beard will reach quite that far fella!

Not far off now tbf!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Combover on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 615 viewsDubtractor

Combover on 17:51 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

It was only popular with old men. As they snuff it the combover dies too thankfully. Us young baldies bic our heads everyday.

I go grade zero with clippers once a week. Though less than that over the last year when I've rarely left the house and got lazy!

Combover on 17:58 - Mar 5 with 611 viewsfactual_blue

Here's Bobby Charlton aged 26 or 27 from the 1963 Cup Final, with comb over well into development.

Note his expression: his brother said Bobby rarely smiled after the Munich crash until 1966.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Combover on 18:01 - Mar 5 with 593 viewsgtsb1966

Combover on 17:58 - Mar 5 by factual_blue

Here's Bobby Charlton aged 26 or 27 from the 1963 Cup Final, with comb over well into development.

Note his expression: his brother said Bobby rarely smiled after the Munich crash until 1966.

Is that Gary Roberts on the left.
Combover on 18:10 - Mar 5 with 559 viewsDubtractor

Combover on 18:01 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Crikey, that is a lookalikey there isn't it?

Combover on 18:10 - Mar 5 with 559 viewsSitfcB

Comb Over by Keno 5 Mar 2021 13:04
does anyone still do that?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Combover on 18:12 - Mar 5 with 554 viewsLord_Lucan

My Uncle Bill had the most dramatic combover on the planet.

He also had an oval alien type bonce so required a lot of hair to cover it - which he did in dramatic fashion.

I visited his house early once to knock for my cousin to help on his paper round and caught him pre combovered. The long side of hair drooped all the way down to his waist.

He used to use a can of Sunsilk every week.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 18:13]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Combover on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 546 viewsDubtractor

Combover on 18:10 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

Comb Over by Keno 5 Mar 2021 13:04
does anyone still do that?

Ah man, I'm copying keno. I need to up my game.

Combover on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 540 viewsfactual_blue

Combover on 18:01 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Caption reads:

Manchester United players celebrate with the FA Cup after their 3-1 win: (l-r) Tony Dunne, Bobby Charlton, Noel Cantwell, Pat Crerand, Albert Quixall, David Herd

Combover on 18:19 - Mar 5 with 529 viewsFixed_It

Combover on 18:12 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

He also had an oval alien type bonce so required a lot of hair to cover it - which he did in dramatic fashion.

I visited his house early once to knock for my cousin to help on his paper round and caught him pre combovered. The long side of hair drooped all the way down to his waist.

You'll probably remember Ralph Coates (Burnley), LL. His was a classic.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Combover on 18:24 - Mar 5 with 515 viewsfactual_blue

Combover on 18:13 - Mar 5 by Dubtractor

Ah man, I'm copying keno. I need to up my game.

It would be kinder for him to lower his. That'll give you a better chance.

Combover on 18:24 - Mar 5 with 515 viewsgtsb1966

Combover on 18:12 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Back in the day i would use half a can of cossack on a Saturday night to maintain the mullet.
Combover on 18:27 - Mar 5 with 500 viewsLord_Lucan

Combover on 18:19 - Mar 5 by Fixed_It

You'll probably remember Ralph Coates (Burnley), LL. His was a classic.

I remember him from Tottenham. The whole Burnley being good thing was just before my time - although I do remember Martin Dobson for some reason. I think I had a lot of football card swaps of him.

Edit; It wasn't a patch on Uncle Bills (RIP)
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 18:28]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Combover on 18:39 - Mar 5 with 469 viewsgtsb1966

Combover on 18:27 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I remember him from Tottenham. The whole Burnley being good thing was just before my time - although I do remember Martin Dobson for some reason. I think I had a lot of football card swaps of him.

Edit; It wasn't a patch on Uncle Bills (RIP)
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 18:28]

Uncle Bill's couldn't have been worse than this Lucan surely.

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/chelsea/47079/retro-horror-hair-john-dempsey-che
Combover on 18:46 - Mar 5 with 456 viewsfabian_illness

When we worked on the big refurb at wattisham air base there was a groundworker who had a very complicated combover.
It was all the hair from the sides and back of his head, wound round and lacquered into place, it looked like an old mudflap.
If the wind got under it it was absolutely disastrous.
Combover on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 453 viewsLord_Lucan

Combover on 18:39 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Uncle Bill's couldn't have been worse than this Lucan surely.

https://www.whoateallthepies.tv/chelsea/47079/retro-horror-hair-john-dempsey-che

Not a patch on Uncle Bill Gerry.

I would take a photo of a picture of him and post it on here - but we don't have any pictures as he wasn't a family favourite.

In fact my dad knocked him out once in my nans kitchen just before a Sunday roast.

Combover on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 445 viewsgtsb1966

Combover on 18:47 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

Not a patch on Uncle Bill Gerry.

I would take a photo of a picture of him and post it on here - but we don't have any pictures as he wasn't a family favourite.

In fact my dad knocked him out once in my nans kitchen just before a Sunday roast.

Combover on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 445 viewsazuremerlangus

TBF I think Trump properly kicked the arse out of it to go back to version 1.0 again

Thinking about it a combover is just a home-grown living version of a toupé/wig
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 18:52]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Combover on 18:52 - Mar 5 with 426 viewsjaykay

or do a norwood, rooney etc

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Combover on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 414 viewsLord_Lucan

Combover on 18:24 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

Back in the day i would use half a can of cossack on a Saturday night to maintain the mullet.

I had a wet perm once, everyone else had a Kevin Keegan but I had a sort of full on afro sized thing going on.

I used to use loads of that coconut oil, so much that I probably smelt like a a Malibu Pina Colada.

Thankfully that was just before my strange phase of thinking it was perfectly normal for a bloke to wear beauty glow bronzing make up - otherwise I might have looked a complete berk.

Combover on 19:01 - Mar 5 with 406 viewsgtsb1966

Combover on 18:52 - Mar 5 by jaykay

or do a norwood, rooney etc

I like being bald actually. Straight out of the shower and straight out of the door. I wouldn't want hair now even if i could.
Combover on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 388 viewsLord_Lucan

Combover on 19:01 - Mar 5 by gtsb1966

I like being bald actually. Straight out of the shower and straight out of the door. I wouldn't want hair now even if i could.

You know what, I was a clean shaven baldy for many many years but just before Lockdown 1 I got so fed up with getting hassle in pubs that I grew it a fraction. It's not happening at the moment as I can't go to the barbers but I was getting a number 1 at the back rising to a number 3 at the top and I had a parton shaved in on the side.

My wife and daughter think I looked like a complete tvvat but I think it looked the business.

Combover on 19:08 - Mar 5 with 382 viewsjeera

Combover on 18:58 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I had a wet perm once, everyone else had a Kevin Keegan but I had a sort of full on afro sized thing going on.

I used to use loads of that coconut oil, so much that I probably smelt like a a Malibu Pina Colada.

Thankfully that was just before my strange phase of thinking it was perfectly normal for a bloke to wear beauty glow bronzing make up - otherwise I might have looked a complete berk.

We all looked like complete berks then.

Or fecking superb, depending how you look at it. Certainly felt right at the time.

I have hunted down and hidden many a photo over the years since admittedly.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024