Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was a bit meh 19:52 - Mar 9 with 671 viewsIllinoisblue

Bishop apart, all pretty poor really. Yet again there’s a lack of intensity and we’re unable to impose ourselves on the game. Time for Downes to step up. And Norwood by himself up front is a tough watch.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Well that was a bit meh on 19:55 - Mar 9 with 627 viewsHerbivore

Cook has had about 2 days of training with the players so far. It's going to take time. Lambert spent two and a half years here and built nothing, the players were no more used to playing together when he left than they were when he came in. That's one of our big issues in contrast to Lincoln, who are linking up well especially down the flanks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well that was a bit meh on 19:55 - Mar 9 with 624 viewsParky

Everything is just so slow, every time we get the ball. They showed for their goal and other occasions, being direct and confident, will create you chances.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 20:12]
Well that was a bit meh on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 560 viewsjayessess

Is it intensity? It's decision making for me.

We don't get shots on goal because we make bad decision when we get behind them and around their area. We get stuck in our own half for substantial periods because we go through phases of making the wrong decisions when we try to get the ball between the lines.

It's not even like Lincoln are pressing well, there's a lot of space out there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Well that was a bit meh on 19:57 - Mar 9 with 555 viewsJDB23

Thought Kenlock has looked quite promising going forward but yeah, not very good overall. As Herb said, can't expect Cook to change things after only a couple training sessions but I'm not sure we'll ever address our lack of goals with these players in this system.
Well that was a bit meh on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 507 viewsDubtractor

Well that was a bit meh on 19:57 - Mar 9 by jayessess

Is it intensity? It's decision making for me.

We don't get shots on goal because we make bad decision when we get behind them and around their area. We get stuck in our own half for substantial periods because we go through phases of making the wrong decisions when we try to get the ball between the lines.

It's not even like Lincoln are pressing well, there's a lot of space out there.

Yep, we have promising situations that end up going back to our back 4 far too often. Nothing we do is intuitive, whereas for Lincoln it is.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well that was a bit meh on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 489 viewsPique

It hasn’t been great so far. Not that I blame Cook at all, he can’t undo years of terrible coaching overnight.

Bishop positive, and Kenlock too.

Downes looks very rusty, has been surprisingly poor by his standards.

As for Edwards...dear oh dear. The only winger I’ve ever seen with no pace and who can’t cross a ball. At least Bennetts generally keeps the ball.
Well that was a bit meh on 20:01 - Mar 9 with 449 viewsjayessess

Well that was a bit meh on 19:55 - Mar 9 by Herbivore

Cook has had about 2 days of training with the players so far. It's going to take time. Lambert spent two and a half years here and built nothing, the players were no more used to playing together when he left than they were when he came in. That's one of our big issues in contrast to Lincoln, who are linking up well especially down the flanks.

Would love to know how it is they've got Morgan Rogers in whilst we're bringing in Luke Thomas. Better analysts? Better relationships with elite clubs? More money offered? The promise of better coaching?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Well that was a bit meh on 20:02 - Mar 9 with 408 viewsRobTheMonk

Bishop on that run when he took on literally 6 players made me smile.

The goal. Sigh, I can't help but look at Dozzell letting the Lincoln player go so easily on to his right foot. And then that's the fouth goal conceeded in a row by Holy where he's made no effort to even go for the ball.

I'll be very suprised if we don't bring in an experienced defensive midfielder.

It's going to take time and I'm seeing an improvement over Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024