Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... 08:37 - Jul 14 with 1794 viewsquad

1, He's a quality player.
2, He scored 20 goals for Wimbledon last season when they finished 19th which is impressive.
3, He has scored goals in other seasons too, not just this season.
4, He is now our main striker and not Norwood. I'm a fan of Norwood because he has been our only real goal threat. However, now he's not, and he's got to play second fiddle which I think is a good thing. We were too reliant on him and he shouldn't be a shoe-in to the team. He's still useful as a sub or if Cook wants to play a front two. Which given Norwood's injury record is fair. He can't act like Billy Big B*ll*cks any more. He will have to fight to get in the team and if his attitude isn't right then he won't play.
5, I think Bonne will be a good signing but I don't think he will be a highly prolific goalscorer and I think he will play on the left or the right of a front 3 generally, not as a number 9.
6, He hasn't gone to Portsmouth or Sunderland who were sniffing around and likely to be fierce promotion rivals, so we've gained and they've lost.
7, We've annoyed our promotion rivals by having more spending power. Especially Portsmouth which is good because they were moaning about it and so obviously can't compete. Blowing others out the water is always good.
8, Championship clubs were in the running for him. So proves we can compete with them for signings (to a certain extent).
9, He's a better player and more consistent goal scorer than Charlie Wyke. More potential to improve too. Not a one season wonder.
10, Overall our signings are looking better than Wigan's. They bought Edwards and we already know he's not very good.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:10 - Jul 14 with 1587 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

11. The potential for horse racing / jockey puns in TWTD reporting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:14 - Jul 14 with 1557 viewstimothyeo

To score 20 goals in a poor side is very impressive. Just hoping it's not a 'one season wonder', although he did score 7 goals in 30 odd games the season before which isnt terrible.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:21 - Jul 14 with 1507 viewsquad

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:14 - Jul 14 by timothyeo

To score 20 goals in a poor side is very impressive. Just hoping it's not a 'one season wonder', although he did score 7 goals in 30 odd games the season before which isnt terrible.

I don't think so. He got 15 goals in 40 games the season before that. He's definitely consistently scored more than Wyke has during his career anyway.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:24 - Jul 14 with 1470 viewsquad

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:10 - Jul 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

11. The potential for horse racing / jockey puns in TWTD reporting.

12, The potential for Pig puns in TWTD reporting. I can't wait for him to bring home the bacon.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:29 - Jul 14 with 1442 viewsurbanblue

Add to that he seems a decent self effacing bloke. Not football related I know but a good quality to have within the squad.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:56 - Jul 14 with 1328 viewsbluestandard

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:24 - Jul 14 by quad

12, The potential for Pig puns in TWTD reporting. I can't wait for him to bring home the bacon.

Don’t put too much pressure on the Porkid…….I agree with the OP it is a crackling signing though.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 10:01 - Jul 14 with 1286 viewsMetal_Hacker

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 09:56 - Jul 14 by bluestandard

Don’t put too much pressure on the Porkid…….I agree with the OP it is a crackling signing though.

That's dreadful fella

Rind it in a bit

Poll: If it were one or the other

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 10:04 - Jul 14 with 1265 viewsquad

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 10:01 - Jul 14 by Metal_Hacker

That's dreadful fella

Rind it in a bit

Can we nickname him Del Boy or Rodney as he's clearly a Trotter?
Login to get fewer ads

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:17 - Jul 14 with 913 viewsBlueNomad

Feed the Pig and he will score
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:20 - Jul 14 with 897 viewscatch74

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 10:01 - Jul 14 by Metal_Hacker

That's dreadful fella

Rind it in a bit

At least he got smoked back.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:45 - Jul 14 with 796 viewsMetal_Hacker

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:20 - Jul 14 by catch74

At least he got smoked back.

You swine

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:51 - Jul 14 with 760 viewsbluestandard

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:45 - Jul 14 by Metal_Hacker

You swine

Haha….come on guys this is getting boar-ing.
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:55 - Jul 14 with 737 viewsIpswichKnight

Will he take the penalty when we play at Cheltenham? If so will it be from the Gloucestershire old spot kick?
10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 14:09 - Jul 14 with 686 viewsMetal_Hacker

10 reasons why Pigott is a cracking signing... on 13:51 - Jul 14 by bluestandard

Haha….come on guys this is getting boar-ing.

You're now just trying to hog this thread

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024