Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cost of TV/Broadband package? 23:15 - Jul 27 with 1040 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Evening all.
I'm currently with Virgin Media and have broadband and TV (Sky Sport, BT Sports, Movies - the full package) and I pay £100 per month. I also have Netflix, Prime and Disney+. My contract is due for renewal soon and I will be seeing if can get things cheaper. I find that I dont really watch Sky Movies as use Netflix/Prime! I'm not bothered by PremierLeague football but do enjoy watching Rugby on BT Sport and also like NFL during the season.

Just wondering thoughts on getting rid of Virgin and using Roku Stick? Subscribing to NFL pass, other ways to watch the Rugby, etc?

interested to know what you guys pay and whats important and potential ways to save money?

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 23:47 - Jul 27 with 975 viewsOldsmoker

I just have Virgin Broadband.
It's fast but do I need it to be fast when all I do is read newspaper websites, TWTD, Youtube and ahem y'know.
Started off at £25.00 and has crept up to £40.00+ 'cos they keep upgrading my speed and it seems that I had the option to cancel but didn't which means I'm tied to them for another 18 months. That 18 months runs out on 1st August and I don't care if my next provider is slower or crashes now and then I just don't want to be ripped off anymore.
Virgin hate their valued loyal customers so much they screw them for every penny - they're only interested in new customers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 09:08 - Jul 28 with 796 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I bounce between Sky and VM every time my contract is up for renewal. I don’t pay for any internet connection as my employer pays that and have zero interest in any sport that isn’t Ipswich so I don’t bother with those channels

Have Sky Cinema and I think it’s about £40 with Netflix on Sky. I also have Prime.
Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 09:16 - Jul 28 with 789 viewsMerseyBlue

You could go with the BT Sports package, and search for a NowTV sports pass deal. Midway through the month, go to cancel the NowTV subscription and they should offer you a cheaper deal - rinse and repeat!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 08:17 - Jul 30 with 632 viewsBroomy99

We ditched sky years ago. We just stream anything we want to watch now, like you say netflix and prime dominate and a firestick or roku player do the trick nicely.

Re costs, a few years ago, whilst playing golf someone said to me they could show me how to get my broadband, mobile and energy for free - it was proper random but worked a treat, and I actually make money from our bills now - a third income coming into the house has been so helpful during lockdown.

PM me if u want to see how it works.

Ian
Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 08:27 - Jul 30 with 620 viewsHerbivore

I ditched Virgin a couple of years ago and replaced it with a Roku stick. Haven't missed Virgin at all and it's nice being able to pick and choose which services you use and when you use them. Now TV are forever doing deals so you end up being able to get the full Sky package pretty cheaply.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cost of TV/Broadband package? on 08:50 - Jul 30 with 596 viewsKropotkin123

I was paying £22 pm with Vodaphone.

They claim 63 download and 18 upload for that price. I just did a test and I am getting "71.4 Mbps download" and "18.5 Mbps upload". This is more than enough for streaming, gaming, internet browsing. It is also enough for more than one device to be doing that too.

The internet that was in here before was claiming 100 download, charging £50 pm and it couldn't even stream without breaking. Can't remember the supplier now though.

But my experience with Vodaphone over the past two households I've been in is they under promise and overdeliver.

I think these things can be area dependent though. This is for London

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024