Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I have avacados growing in my gutter 09:31 - Jul 30 with 935 viewsGeoffSentence

We have a problem of feral pigeons round my way. Some feckless numbnuts released a load of white doves and they are breeding under peoples solar panels.

One of the methods I use to deter them is to hurl avacado stones at them on the roof. They are pretty good for it, they have a certain amount of heft, the bounce around erratically and make a bit of noise but aren't hard enough to damage the solar panels.

The trouble is, quite often they roll off into the gutter and now I have a couple of what look suspiciously like avacado seedlings growing from the gutter.

I'm not sure what do about them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:40 - Jul 30 with 875 viewsleitrimblue

Your avacados may be growing in the gutter but they are looking up at the stars
I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:43 - Jul 30 with 865 viewsCotty

I hate to suggest the bleeding obvious, but maybe try clearing out your gutter?
I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 848 viewsWD19

Try phoning the club for expert 'unspecified plants growing in hard to reach guttering' advice.
I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:48 - Jul 30 with 848 viewsGeoffSentence

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:43 - Jul 30 by Cotty

I hate to suggest the bleeding obvious, but maybe try clearing out your gutter?

It's a long way up and I am not a tall man.

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:49 - Jul 30 with 844 viewsGeoffSentence

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:48 - Jul 30 by WD19

Try phoning the club for expert 'unspecified plants growing in hard to reach guttering' advice.

That could be a gamechanger.

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:50 - Jul 30 with 841 viewsCotty

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:48 - Jul 30 by GeoffSentence

It's a long way up and I am not a tall man.

Around me there are about 5 different companies that will come and clear out your gutters with vacuums on really long poles for about £30. So if I were you, I'd do that, and maybe stop chucking stuff up on your roof, haha
I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 830 viewschicoazul

I’ve heard part of the problem with This Bloody Country is all the millennials spending their money on avocado on toast instead of saving up to buy a house so I’d be looking to get on that train and flog your avocados to Wetherspoon or someone.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 826 viewsKeno

"I think I have avacados growing in my gutter"

this a euphemism right?

I just cant work out what Geoff is really trying to tell us, can someone help

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:52 - Jul 30 with 824 viewsGeoffSentence

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:50 - Jul 30 by Cotty

Around me there are about 5 different companies that will come and clear out your gutters with vacuums on really long poles for about £30. So if I were you, I'd do that, and maybe stop chucking stuff up on your roof, haha

Someone on here recommended getting a drone to scare the pigeons. I bought one the other day and once I learn to fly it safely they are in for the fright of my life and I can stop chucking stuff off the roof.

For now though I am in more danger from the drone than the pigeons are, and in all likeliehood it will join the avacados in the gutter.

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:55 - Jul 30 with 815 viewsGeoffSentence

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:52 - Jul 30 by Keno

"I think I have avacados growing in my gutter"

this a euphemism right?

I just cant work out what Geoff is really trying to tell us, can someone help

What I am trying to tell you is that I think I have avacados growing in my gutter.

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 784 viewsbluelagos

Why would it matter? Harvest em and treat yerself I reckon. Bit of "the good life" all from your own roof :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 10:10 - Jul 30 with 776 viewsKeno

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:55 - Jul 30 by GeoffSentence

What I am trying to tell you is that I think I have avacados growing in my gutter.

**taps nose**

yeah, I get it, think I have this sussed

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 10:51 - Jul 30 with 711 viewsGeoffSentence

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 10:09 - Jul 30 by bluelagos

Why would it matter? Harvest em and treat yerself I reckon. Bit of "the good life" all from your own roof :-)

You might be onto something, really helps with growing space too.

Maybe I'll try goats on the chimney next.

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 11:31 - Jul 30 with 662 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 10:10 - Jul 30 by Keno

**taps nose**

yeah, I get it, think I have this sussed

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 622 viewsWeWereZombies

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 09:40 - Jul 30 by leitrimblue

Your avacados may be growing in the gutter but they are looking up at the stars

Indeed, Geoff did say a couple so it is obviously a Tale of Two Seedlings...

[edit] What the Dickens am I on about? That will teach me to make a Wilde guess thinking I know where the quote comes from.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 12:07]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 553 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I think I have avacados growing in my gutter on 12:03 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Indeed, Geoff did say a couple so it is obviously a Tale of Two Seedlings...

[edit] What the Dickens am I on about? That will teach me to make a Wilde guess thinking I know where the quote comes from.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 12:07]

Should've asked Lady Windermere, she's a big fan of Oscar's.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024