Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oddschecker 21:08 - Jul 30 with 2298 viewssaffers12

Season preview have tipped us for the title

They are usually spot on ...had a big win with them last year after tipping Bristol Rovers to be relegated at 8/1
Oddschecker on 21:14 - Jul 30 with 2230 viewsOldboy

I am not a betting man, but have had a little look. 1 has us 3/1 and another has us 9/1. Sunderland come out on average as favourites on the one's life I looked at.
Oddschecker on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 2197 viewsJ2BLUE

Oddschecker on 21:14 - Jul 30 by Oldboy

I am not a betting man, but have had a little look. 1 has us 3/1 and another has us 9/1. Sunderland come out on average as favourites on the one's life I looked at.

3/1 is likely promotion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oddschecker on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 2182 viewssaffers12

That's promotion and other title
Oddschecker on 22:00 - Jul 30 with 2060 viewsHARRY10

That's based on what bets have been placed, not what the bookies 'think'
Oddschecker on 22:46 - Jul 30 with 1947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"They are usually spot on".

So if I bet all my savings on their recommendations, I am guaranteed to make a very large profit?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Oddschecker on 23:17 - Jul 30 with 1886 viewsTerra_Farma

Outright for the league title on Bet365, we are currently 7/1 along with Sunderland.

The Owls are 10/1

Pompey 11/1

I would love to know what our odds would be if Evans was still about and Lambert was still in charge.

This is going to be a white knuckle ride this season. Hold tight and enjoy the ride !!
Oddschecker on 23:23 - Jul 30 with 1849 viewsTerra_Farma

Piggot for league top scorer 12/1

The bookies are obviously taking notice of our recent developments.

They are rarely wrong.

Roll on 7th of Augustus
Oddschecker on 23:27 - Jul 30 with 1843 viewsHARRY10

Oddschecker on 23:23 - Jul 30 by Terra_Farma

Piggot for league top scorer 12/1

The bookies are obviously taking notice of our recent developments.

They are rarely wrong.

Roll on 7th of Augustus

eh ?

Bookies set odds based on the money bet - they don't predict, and so don't give a sht what is happening at PR.

The clue is in the name - bookmaker.
Login to get fewer ads

Oddschecker on 23:29 - Jul 30 with 1842 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oddschecker on 23:27 - Jul 30 by HARRY10

eh ?

Bookies set odds based on the money bet - they don't predict, and so don't give a sht what is happening at PR.

They do price it up at the start. We were 12/1 at the end of May when I backed us. We’ve since been cut into 7s through weight of money.

They do price it up originally though. An opening book.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oddschecker on 00:16 - Jul 31 with 1729 viewsJ2BLUE

Oddschecker on 22:46 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

"They are usually spot on".

So if I bet all my savings on their recommendations, I am guaranteed to make a very large profit?

Not at all what he said.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oddschecker on 05:15 - Jul 31 with 1623 viewsHARRY10

Oddschecker on 23:29 - Jul 30 by The_Romford_Blue

They do price it up at the start. We were 12/1 at the end of May when I backed us. We’ve since been cut into 7s through weight of money.

They do price it up originally though. An opening book.

exactly

"We’ve since been cut into 7s through weight of money"-

Whereas the view was that ' The bookies are obviously taking notice of our recent developments' being that the odds are not based on bets placed, but on how the bookies perceive what we have done.
Oddschecker on 07:57 - Jul 31 with 1473 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Oddschecker on 05:15 - Jul 31 by HARRY10

exactly

"We’ve since been cut into 7s through weight of money"-

Whereas the view was that ' The bookies are obviously taking notice of our recent developments' being that the odds are not based on bets placed, but on how the bookies perceive what we have done.

No, you said bookies don’t predict - which is nonsense as Rommy points out, as they will price up at the start based on their predictions (all teams don’t start at the same odds)

Also whilst money placed is absolutely a factor from there, other events could see them move the odds based on their prediction - if we signed Messi tomorrow our odds would almost certainly shorten immediately, to use an extreme example

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oddschecker on 09:54 - Jul 31 with 1329 viewsSuperblue95

Oddschecker on 07:57 - Jul 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, you said bookies don’t predict - which is nonsense as Rommy points out, as they will price up at the start based on their predictions (all teams don’t start at the same odds)

Also whilst money placed is absolutely a factor from there, other events could see them move the odds based on their prediction - if we signed Messi tomorrow our odds would almost certainly shorten immediately, to use an extreme example

Doubt it. Messi wouldn’t even get in the team with the likes of Chaplin, Fraser, Bonne, etc floating about.

Would be a decent bench option though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Oddschecker on 10:03 - Jul 31 with 1308 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oddschecker on 07:57 - Jul 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bookies also do the majority of their cuts when the exchange price changes.

On the greyhounds on a Friday, I can literally tell people which dog will be cut by the bookies in the minutes before the off - ‘the 3 will go to 6/4 in about 30 seconds’. Because the bookies don’t want to allow themselves to be caught so they just match the exchange these days. Which is fine. But they certainly don’t change their odds solely on bets taken.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oddschecker on 10:58 - Jul 31 with 1218 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Oddschecker on 10:03 - Jul 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Bookies also do the majority of their cuts when the exchange price changes.

On the greyhounds on a Friday, I can literally tell people which dog will be cut by the bookies in the minutes before the off - ‘the 3 will go to 6/4 in about 30 seconds’. Because the bookies don’t want to allow themselves to be caught so they just match the exchange these days. Which is fine. But they certainly don’t change their odds solely on bets taken.

Indeed. If they did Wimbledon or somebody would be about a million to one against our sevens.
Oddschecker on 11:36 - Jul 31 with 1163 viewsTerra_Farma

Oddschecker on 23:27 - Jul 30 by HARRY10

eh ?

Who has lit your tampon luv?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024