Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After what we have seen 13:51 - Aug 3 with 1070 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't think that any owner should ever be allowed to become the Chairman too. Its hopefully now clear from all the interviews we have seen to even his most ardent supporters that Evans ran the club into an absolute mess, and re-affirms my belief that given time, we were destined for L2 under Evans.

The question is however and it's not being asked, "How was it ever allowed to happen"?

So many people seem to have been fully aware of what was going on and never ever spoke out until after the fact. Dyer, Dozzell, Lee a few former players too. But no former manager, or serving staff member under Evans ever uttered a word about the lack of structure or the running down of things.

I'm guessing, that Evans may have had all these staff wrapped up in NDA's. As it's the only reason I can see for people who love the club to not speak up. And now the more that do speak out, the more akin to a James Bond villain Evans begins to seem.

As supporters we can never let this happen again, with owners prepared to communicate as they have I'm hopeful, but Evans ownership has scarred me so deeply that it terrifies me that he still owns a proportion of the company that owns us.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

After what we have seen on 13:54 - Aug 3 with 1035 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans was a bigger disaster than any of us knew. That is actually some achievement.

I said I would forgive and forget when he wrote off a chunk of debt and sold up and I will. Must say though, with everything that has come out since I do wish he had gone without his 5% in Gamechangers. Going to be pretty awkward if he turns up to games with Ashton and co basically saying his reign was an incompetent shambles.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

After what we have seen on 14:13 - Aug 3 with 929 viewsTangledupin_Blue

While we can all see that the club was poorly run and managed during Evans's time as owner, we should still acknowledge:
1. That his intervention rescued the club at a time when the future looked uncertain.
2. That his regular financial input kept the club afloat.
3. That he has kept his promise, it seems, to deliver the club into competent hands.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:16]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

After what we have seen on 16:02 - Aug 3 with 818 viewsCheltenham_Blue

After what we have seen on 14:13 - Aug 3 by Tangledupin_Blue

While we can all see that the club was poorly run and managed during Evans's time as owner, we should still acknowledge:
1. That his intervention rescued the club at a time when the future looked uncertain.
2. That his regular financial input kept the club afloat.
3. That he has kept his promise, it seems, to deliver the club into competent hands.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:16]

As has been said multiple times

1. When Sheppy sold to ME, it was a buyers market, he certainly wouldn't have been the last along with wallet in hand.

2. All owners below the Premier League are required to make regular financial input to keep their clubs afloat, ME was by no means unique. Do you think the Yanks aren't going to have to do the same thing?

3. The only good thing he ever did, but I suspect, he only did in the end after the Rochdale game when he realised he couldn't do it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

After what we have seen on 17:09 - Aug 3 with 720 viewsghostofescobar

After what we have seen on 16:02 - Aug 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

1. When Sheppy sold to ME, it was a buyers market, he certainly wouldn't have been the last along with wallet in hand.

2. All owners below the Premier League are required to make regular financial input to keep their clubs afloat, ME was by no means unique. Do you think the Yanks aren't going to have to do the same thing?

3. The only good thing he ever did, but I suspect, he only did in the end after the Rochdale game when he realised he couldn't do it.

Sound points. The only thing I would add re point 3 is that I wonder what Evans would have done if a more dodgy syndicate had come along and offered to buy the club and pay him the debt, rather than him having to write it off. Would the carrot of buckets of cash have made him so “prudent”? Would he have said “no sir, keep your money, I must protect this club that I have sacrificed everything for, be gone with your millions”. Or would he perhaps have said “that’s a good deal. Where do I sign”. Who knows.

GhostOfEscobar

After what we have seen on 17:12 - Aug 3 with 713 viewsghostofescobar

After what we have seen on 13:54 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Evans was a bigger disaster than any of us knew. That is actually some achievement.

I said I would forgive and forget when he wrote off a chunk of debt and sold up and I will. Must say though, with everything that has come out since I do wish he had gone without his 5% in Gamechangers. Going to be pretty awkward if he turns up to games with Ashton and co basically saying his reign was an incompetent shambles.

I also hope that if he does ever turn up at PR again, he is roundly booed and he is left in no doubt what we think of his destruction of our club.

GhostOfEscobar

After what we have seen on 18:18 - Aug 3 with 607 viewsChurchman

After what we have seen on 16:02 - Aug 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think point one is particularly pertinent. There’s no way this club wouldn’t have been bought out by somebody, even if Sheepy had mismanaged the club into a second Administration. No club of any size has. The evil in me thinks he wanted the club sold as fast as possible to avoid Admin because he wanted an FA job and knew that would be scuppered with another failure. But that’s malicious guesswork on my part.

Marginally less guesswork is that in terms of Evans relinquishing control, if Satan had come along and offered more, I believe he’d have taken it. He clearly only bought the club as a speculative punt so there’s no way he’d have had any scruples about selling it for as much as he could get.

Had he given two hoots about the club, he’d have employed somebody professional to run it. He can’t be that stupid, surely………

In terms of how awful Evans was, catastrophic covers every aspect of his ownership. We are miles behind where we should be in every way. I’ve been a massive critic of Evans for years, but had no idea of the extent of the damage he was doing. There’s certainly no ‘thank you Marcus’ from me.

Thank goodness he’s no longer got control. I hope his 5% is bought out soon and he disappears as fast as his name was scrubbed off the stands.
After what we have seen on 18:28 - Aug 3 with 571 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

After what we have seen on 13:54 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

‘Evans was a bigger disaster than any of us knew.’

To quote Phil... Ahem! I think you’ll find I told everyone on here for about 6 years he was genuinely killing the club. I’d always get stick for it too.

‘Be grateful he funds the losses’.
‘Well you buy the club then’.
‘He’s nowhere near the worst’.
‘We’d be nothing without hun’

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024