Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last nights midfield two 14:08 - Sep 15 with 1097 viewskizaitfc

One positive, although hard to tell when playing teenagers, was the improvement in the centre of the pitch.

I think with better wingers and a decent no.10 ahead of those two we could look much better.

Both contributed more defensively as well, I like Evans and Harper but they dont seem as good all rounders which you need to play this formation and style of football.

I guess the other option is to change the formation?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Last nights midfield two on 14:16 - Sep 15 with 1039 viewsWeirdFishes

I'd like to see us go 433 with Morsy, Carroll & Evans/Harper rather than 4231. Gives us more bodies in the middle when covering our fullbacks whilst not really losing anything going forward - most matches whoever has played as a 10 has been pretty anonymous.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Last nights midfield two on 14:49 - Sep 15 with 953 viewsHullblue

Didn’t watch last night but in theory those two provide a lovely balance - exactly what you’d want in a 4231. Carroll set up the goal too after setting up a big chance for Jackson on Saturday. Would be very tempted to make that our first choice pairing, personally.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Last nights midfield two on 14:59 - Sep 15 with 919 viewsHerbivore

Last nights midfield two on 14:16 - Sep 15 by WeirdFishes

I'd like to see us go 433 with Morsy, Carroll & Evans/Harper rather than 4231. Gives us more bodies in the middle when covering our fullbacks whilst not really losing anything going forward - most matches whoever has played as a 10 has been pretty anonymous.

I think that's a good shout. Given how little the number 10 has offered so far this season, and it's not a surprise given how we're set up, we may as well have an extra body in midfield to give us greater stability.

I thought Morsy and Carroll were both okay, Morsy the better of the two. Did more defensively than the others have shown and kept it simple, showed for the ball and kept it moving. Carroll was a bit of a disappointment for me. He wanted to get on the ball but his passing was very hit and miss, and his set pieces were awful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Last nights midfield two on 16:34 - Sep 15 with 783 viewslegoman

I agree and I am equally excited about the potential of the Morsy/Harper combo!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Last nights midfield two on 16:36 - Sep 15 with 775 viewslegoman

Bloody big teenagers and quality, skilful teenagers. Last night was not against wusses!

Last nights midfield two on 16:36 - Sep 15 with 775 viewsDubtractor

Last nights midfield two on 16:34 - Sep 15 by legoman

The Morsy Harper Combo sound like a jazz fusion act.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Last nights midfield two on 17:00 - Sep 15 with 723 viewsPinewoodblue

4-1-3-2 Morsy in holding role

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Last nights midfield two on 17:03 - Sep 15 with 717 viewscatch74

Last nights midfield two on 16:36 - Sep 15 by Dubtractor

The Morsy Harper Combo sound like a jazz fusion act.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Last nights midfield two on 18:13 - Sep 15 with 613 viewsFPL_Tractor

Last nights midfield two on 16:34 - Sep 15 by legoman

From what I’ve seen Harper wants to play too advanced for the role we want from him, but perhaps with Morsy ordering him around he could be the foil we need. At the moment I’m siding with Carroll but I suspect PC will choose Evans.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Last nights midfield two on 18:18 - Sep 15 with 598 viewslegoman

Last nights midfield two on 18:13 - Sep 15 by FPL_Tractor

From what I’ve seen Harper wants to play too advanced for the role we want from him, but perhaps with Morsy ordering him around he could be the foil we need. At the moment I’m siding with Carroll but I suspect PC will choose Evans.

Thank you for your input.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024