Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? 00:03 - Sep 29 with 1280 viewsBlueBadger

Not gonna lie, I've had my doubts, I still do, truth be told. But there's not a lot to argue about when you''ve put six past some poor sods, regardless of where they are. The sort of win we need for confidence on pitch, on training field and on the terraces.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:09 - Sep 29 with 1221 viewsunstableblue

I think for me it wasn’t just the quality of goals and the fact we got six, it was the quality and pace of passing and movement, the shapes and triangles of close and long range passing that I enjoyed, and gave me faith in the direction.

Also just how solid the defence looked.

But as Cook stated it was a tired and outgunned Doncaster.

Let’s follow it up with another and go on a run shall we.

But just to repeat from some other posts - that is the football style I want my Ipswich playing, not the sh!t we endured for so long.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:17 - Sep 29 with 1193 viewsChurchman

Yes it was. I’ve had mega doubts too, growing by the week. Tonight was important not just for the win, but the how they won. I’m really pleased and crossing fingers that we are turning that long awaited corner. Early days and all that jazz - it’s the hope that kills you.

I seriously doubted we’d get 7 points from 9 after the Bolton debacle. The trick is now to put a proper run together in what is now the meat of the season.
I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:19 - Sep 29 with 1186 viewsBlueBadger

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:09 - Sep 29 by unstableblue

I think for me it wasn’t just the quality of goals and the fact we got six, it was the quality and pace of passing and movement, the shapes and triangles of close and long range passing that I enjoyed, and gave me faith in the direction.

But just to repeat from some other posts - that is the football style I want my Ipswich playing, not the sh!t we endured for so long.

It didn't much look like Technical Football to me, it looked like The Sort Of Football Need To Win a Game. And win convincingly. What we need now is consistency. And we've now got a platform for that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:21 - Sep 29 with 1168 viewsjayessess

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:17 - Sep 29 by Churchman

Yes it was. I’ve had mega doubts too, growing by the week. Tonight was important not just for the win, but the how they won. I’m really pleased and crossing fingers that we are turning that long awaited corner. Early days and all that jazz - it’s the hope that kills you.

I seriously doubted we’d get 7 points from 9 after the Bolton debacle. The trick is now to put a proper run together in what is now the meat of the season.

After Bolton, my thoughts were essentially, we've got to grind out some points until Morsy comes in and hope that, plus time, fixes things. We've done more than I hoped for.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:21 - Sep 29 with 1162 viewslegoman

How on earth could you have ever had doubts?

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:38 - Sep 29 with 1106 viewsBlueBadger

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:21 - Sep 29 by legoman

How on earth could you have ever had doubts?

That whole 'five wins in 25' thing. And you know, our history over the past decade or so.

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:51 - Sep 29 with 1067 viewstextbackup

its the sort of win we haven't seen at PR for absolutely years.

will do everyone the world of good, and make teams sit up and worry a bit.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:54 - Sep 29 with 1045 viewsBlueBadger

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:51 - Sep 29 by textbackup

its the sort of win we haven't seen at PR for absolutely years.

will do everyone the world of good, and make teams sit up and worry a bit.

I turned out tonight on about as much of a spur of the moment as I do right now(ie, 24hrs notice with a good escape route) and it's done more for my mental well being than the last few months of 'staff wellbeing' meetings have done.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:08]

Login to get fewer ads

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 01:02 - Sep 29 with 1020 viewstextbackup

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:54 - Sep 29 by BlueBadger

I turned out tonight on about as much of a spur of the moment as I do right now(ie, 24hrs notice with a good escape route) and it's done more for my mental well being than the last few months of 'staff wellbeing' meetings have done.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 10:08]

an ITFC win is the only medicine the mind needs.

Feb 2020 was the last one most of us witnessed in the flesh, feels like a black cloud has been lifted and we can actually crck on now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 01:08 - Sep 29 with 1013 viewsBlueBadger

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 01:02 - Sep 29 by textbackup

an ITFC win is the only medicine the mind needs.

Feb 2020 was the last one most of us witnessed in the flesh, feels like a black cloud has been lifted and we can actually crck on now

Definitely some walls broken tonight. I don't care if we grind out the rest of the season on 1-0's, we got that monkey off the back and might still get out this dreadful division this season.

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 03:50 - Sep 29 with 868 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

It were far from Manchester United spring 1980 and the distance between then and now just can't be measured, but point being ask yourself when were the last time we hit an opponent for six without reply in a domestic league game. Had a tough time trying to recall in recent years, all said they've been all rather mediocre since Joe Royle vacated.

Doncaster, so what if they're bottom place or not very good, to score six still represents a fine achievement. They got their own battles to contend with, it's not as if they were going to roll over and hand us any points or victory.

I mean the signs are there, rising attendances at Portman Road, a whole array of new additions and names to pick from, all bringing their own individual traits. It may not be the finished article and far from it but I'd take now over six months back without hesitation.

We WILL make it back again, and as an established club name. It it just a matter of time, belief and perhaps above all else, consistency.
I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 07:42 - Sep 29 with 628 viewsPlums

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 00:09 - Sep 29 by unstableblue

I agree. It’s many years since I’ve seen a Town side put an opposition to the sword like that. It was a joy to see, regardless of the opposition who to be fair probably had the better of the opening ten minutes.
I think Morsy made one pass all night that wasn’t forwards, what a difference that sort of quality on the ball and drive makes.
It’s now all about Saturday and the response to the euphoria of last night.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 7:50]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I mean. That was what we needed wasn't it? on 07:46 - Sep 29 with 605 viewsBurns7

It is great, the only small downside is there is an expectation to go on and win the next one as convincingly in some quarters, when in this league you can score 5 one game and lose an abysmal 1-0 the next. Just the nature of football at this level, for me an away point would be fine but some won't be happy with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024