Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players 09:29 - Oct 23 with 1273 viewsunstableblue

The away support at Pompey was just consistently excellent on Tuesday, despite a first half that was on quality and excitement

Our home support has been hit and miss

Time to press the rabid/tribal button today… unleash something that impresses our new owner, gives Cook confidence in our support and inspires the players

I’m shirt let’s sing the Human League Conor Chaplin song continuously for 90mimd

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:32 - Oct 23 with 1246 viewschrismakin

" but it's up to the players to make us sing"

Something like that lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:41 - Oct 23 with 1215 viewsblueislander

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:32 - Oct 23 by chrismakin

Something like that lol.

You were attempting to be ironic., but it is true that performance on the pitch is largely reflected by crowd noise. Not that many people attending a football match will make a noise just for the sake of it.
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:46 - Oct 23 with 1188 viewschrismakin

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:41 - Oct 23 by blueislander

You were attempting to be ironic., but it is true that performance on the pitch is largely reflected by crowd noise. Not that many people attending a football match will make a noise just for the sake of it.

Never used to be that way

I remember under Burley we were losing 0-2 and we were incredibly loud. Non stop clapping singing..

Could be a lack of trust thing tho over the years that the games already over.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:52 - Oct 23 with 1167 viewsclive_baker

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:46 - Oct 23 by chrismakin

I remember under Burley we were losing 0-2 and we were incredibly loud. Non stop clapping singing..

That’s b0llocks. There were some toxic atmospheres in Burley’s early days.

Edit: agree with the OP though. I’ll be sinking a few pre match and fully intend to make a bit of noise. Up or down, follow the town.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 9:53]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:57 - Oct 23 with 1141 viewschrismakin

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:52 - Oct 23 by clive_baker

That’s b0llocks. There were some toxic atmospheres in Burley’s early days.

Edit: agree with the OP though. I’ll be sinking a few pre match and fully intend to make a bit of noise. Up or down, follow the town.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 9:53]

I agree. But it turned out better even when we're losing. Hence I said about the lack of trust.

When ever we score at the moment it's almost like you hear a oh sht here comes their goal. Lol. So defo a trust issue
It'll come.

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:59 - Oct 23 with 1138 viewsblueislander

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:46 - Oct 23 by chrismakin

Rose tinted specs for a bygone age there.. With over 70,000 inside Old Trafford is often dry quiet when Manure are not playing well. It is a fact, and no matter how hard the cheerleaders try to stir the crowd , if nothing is happening exciting is happening on the pitch the vast majority won’t join in.
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:00 - Oct 23 with 1130 viewschrismakin

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:59 - Oct 23 by blueislander

Rose tinted specs for a bygone age there.. With over 70,000 inside Old Trafford is often dry quiet when Manure are not playing well. It is a fact, and no matter how hard the cheerleaders try to stir the crowd , if nothing is happening exciting is happening on the pitch the vast majority won’t join in.

I remember going there many moons ago. And even tho they were winning it was quiet. Very strange ground OT.

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 1093 viewsOldboy

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:32 - Oct 23 by chrismakin

Something like that lol.

Strange isn't it?
If someone disagrees with you, they don't understand how a forum works.
If you agree with the Op, you try and be sarcastic towards others.
We are all Town fans here and all want what's best for Town.
We may have different views on things, but we all want Town to be successful.
It is down to the players to ignite the crowd.
Some will agree, some will disagree, but sarcasm isn't the answer.
Login to get fewer ads

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:13 - Oct 23 with 1075 viewstextbackup

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 09:41 - Oct 23 by blueislander

otherwise known as sht football supporters.

all week spent at work, doing run of the mill things that you need to keep some restraint with.

and for 90mins of the week you can let it all out and sing in support of your team, doesnt sound much of an ask really

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:17 - Oct 23 with 1064 viewschrismakin

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:11 - Oct 23 by Oldboy

Strange isn't it?
If someone disagrees with you, they don't understand how a forum works.
If you agree with the Op, you try and be sarcastic towards others.
We are all Town fans here and all want what's best for Town.
We may have different views on things, but we all want Town to be successful.
It is down to the players to ignite the crowd.
Some will agree, some will disagree, but sarcasm isn't the answer.

Disagree all you like. That's not what happened. In the case you're talking about.

Anyway in regards to this thread. I agree with the OP about bringing the noise to PR.

I think the talk of its upto the players is wrong.( on previous threads along these lines).
Your voice. Your hands can make a noise even whilst losing the ability is there. It's a choice not to do so. But as discussed in the head it's most likely down to lack of trust based on previous years.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 10:18]

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:23 - Oct 23 with 1033 viewsOldboy

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:17 - Oct 23 by chrismakin

Disagree all you like. That's not what happened. In the case you're talking about.

Anyway in regards to this thread. I agree with the OP about bringing the noise to PR.

I think the talk of its upto the players is wrong.( on previous threads along these lines).
Your voice. Your hands can make a noise even whilst losing the ability is there. It's a choice not to do so. But as discussed in the head it's most likely down to lack of trust based on previous years.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 10:18]

I agree to a point. It is down to us for the first 20 minutes or so to create the atmosphere, after that most will rely on the players to get them out of their seats.
A different of opinion is healthy, just remember we all want the same thing.
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:26 - Oct 23 with 1010 viewschrismakin

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:23 - Oct 23 by Oldboy

I agree to a point. It is down to us for the first 20 minutes or so to create the atmosphere, after that most will rely on the players to get them out of their seats.
A different of opinion is healthy, just remember we all want the same thing.

For me the problem with only supporting with volume when we are on a high is the biggest part of a team talk any away manager can have.

Take pompy... hard place to go.. but everyone knows get ahead and the crowd turn.. you've already won a mini battle.

PR needs to be a fortress. But we shouldn't give away team talks am edge by making it a fortress for away teams if we go behind. ( hope that makes sense)

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:29 - Oct 23 with 1004 viewsunstableblue

You really need to go to some Town away games, Tuesday night was poor first half, plenty of singing from the Town fans just for the fun of it.. and to try and get the boys going

Pompey chimes to boot despite them being utter shiite

But do get the point that atmosphere is a reciprocal thing

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:46 - Oct 23 with 951 viewsOldboy

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:29 - Oct 23 by unstableblue

You really need to go to some Town away games, Tuesday night was poor first half, plenty of singing from the Town fans just for the fun of it.. and to try and get the boys going

Pompey chimes to boot despite them being utter shiite

But do get the point that atmosphere is a reciprocal thing

Away games on a whole are different. We have made a real effort to get there, might as well enjoy it regardless of performance or results.
At home it is hard to get 18,000 fans all singing from the same sheet. As I have said, at the beginning of games, our responsibility, after 20 minutes or so, the players need to give us something to shout about. We will always sing when we think we are needed, but the players have to play their part in getting the whole stadium rocking.
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 933 viewsHipsterectomy

tbf even under royle and magilton we could be 2-0 down at half time and I'd still expect us to be able to win. It's only since then that all my optimism has been drained and, even if 1-0 down in 5 mintues I will accept we've lost

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 918 viewsblueislander

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:46 - Oct 23 by Oldboy

Away games on a whole are different. We have made a real effort to get there, might as well enjoy it regardless of performance or results.
At home it is hard to get 18,000 fans all singing from the same sheet. As I have said, at the beginning of games, our responsibility, after 20 minutes or so, the players need to give us something to shout about. We will always sing when we think we are needed, but the players have to play their part in getting the whole stadium rocking.

Absolutely this. There is a different dynamic to being an away supporter.
Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 11:14 - Oct 23 with 896 viewsGuthrum

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 10:46 - Oct 23 by Oldboy

Away games it's almost concentrated essence of Ipswich Fan, die-hard enthusiasts who will travel many miles even on a Tuesday evening to see the team play.

Plus the out-of-area supporters who perhaps don't get to watch Town live very often.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Portman Road - Time to bring the noise for Brett, Cook and the players on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 860 viewsBurns7

When we took the foot off the gas against Shrewsbury and started playing like a walking football team with no interest, that's when the crowd went totally limp, you can't blame the fans for that, it was absolutely dire and even Cook agreed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024