Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bridget Phillipson 13:58 - Oct 27 with 571 viewsKeno

any of you with more knowledge of the Labour Party than I have know whether she is potential leadership material?

They need someone with some charisma, and the country needs a credible opposition party

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The country needs a credible.... on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 530 viewsBloots

....political party.

I'd rather vote for Count Binface or Lord BucketHead than any of the current crop of jizzmongers.

"That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Dr Bloots party"

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The country needs a credible.... on 14:26 - Oct 27 with 497 viewsKeno

The country needs a credible.... on 14:13 - Oct 27 by Bloots

....political party.

I'd rather vote for Count Binface or Lord BucketHead than any of the current crop of jizzmongers.

Theres always the Lib Dens with Tim Vines older less funny brother as leader

The country needs a credible.... on 15:34 - Oct 27 with 439 viewsrgp1

The country needs a credible.... on 14:13 - Oct 27 by Bloots

....political party.

If policticians keep spending the way they do the only argument left will be what's the best soup kitchen to go to!
Bridget Phillipson on 15:37 - Oct 27 with 425 viewstractordownsouth

I like her, in fact the whole treasury team (Reeves, McFadden, Phillipson) seems to be on top of its brief very well. As for leadership, she’s never been mentioned before but she came into Parliament very young (mid twenties) so she’s definitely got time to do it. I think her seat is a bit risky though as the Tories cut it down to a few thousand, so if there happens to be a change of leader before the next election (which is unlikely anyway) I doubt she’ll put her name forward.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bridget Phillipson on 16:16 - Oct 27 with 381 viewsKeno

Bridget Phillipson on 15:37 - Oct 27 by tractordownsouth

I like her, in fact the whole treasury team (Reeves, McFadden, Phillipson) seems to be on top of its brief very well. As for leadership, she’s never been mentioned before but she came into Parliament very young (mid twenties) so she’s definitely got time to do it. I think her seat is a bit risky though as the Tories cut it down to a few thousand, so if there happens to be a change of leader before the next election (which is unlikely anyway) I doubt she’ll put her name forward.

Ive heard her speak a couple times (on TV) and she does come across very well.

I'm just not convinced by Starmer

Bridget Phillipson on 16:44 - Oct 27 with 356 viewsDarth_Koont

Appears, she voted for David Milliband, Yvette Cooper and Owen Smith in the leadership elections plus Starmer who lied about being progressive but she’s hung around to be in his Shadow Cabinet.

So she may be a nice person but I’m sensing a similar policy void. Credible opposition needs leadership, vision and policies. Blair had a one-time opportunity to shape-shift and pitch right and take a lot of traditional Labour voters with him. But that won’t work now – too many have gone.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024