Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 23:18 - Nov 2 with 1184 viewsitfc_bucks

Initial thoughts:

Toto is a god. Him and Edmundson were giants today. A vast improvement on the Toto of seasons gone by. I genuinely think I love him.

Morsy is a shthouser that we've not had for years. We were on course for a humbling evening until he got on the ball for our first and drove at Wycombe. Talisman.

Wtf Cookie and Coulsdon were doing was beyond me. Was clear he was done, and keeping him on clearly made the situation worse. Burgess is no left back. This will need to be solved.

KVY is bereft of confidence. He grew as the game wore on, but he looks a shadow of himself.

Bonne took his goal exceptionally well. That little deft touch was sublime and, given he was fed on scraps, he made his mark. Whatever QPR want for him, we should pay it. One of our own, and doesn't he just love that!

Celina...well, I'll start by saying that I told anyone who'd listen around me that I didn't rate him. Show pony. No end product. I am willing to contend that I may have been wrong. Every time he got on the ball, you felt you might be about to see something special. He's too good for us. He's too good for League One.

Ref, hapless, hopeless and woefully inconsistent.

Just got back on 23:38 - Nov 2 with 1090 viewsreusersfreekicks

Don't agree re KVY - had a very good game after early slip
Just got back on 23:43 - Nov 2 with 1046 viewsitfc_bucks

Just got back on 23:38 - Nov 2 by reusersfreekicks

Don't agree re KVY - had a very good game after early slip

Agreed, that first touch almost set the tone for the first 20 minutes or so.

So often the pitch opened up for him to attack and he chose the safe option, to turn back inside and pass to Beckenbauer reincarnate as Toto.

Hopefully, he just needs a few more games and a little more time. We know he can be an absolute beast at this level. He showed flashes today and could have even got a goal himself.
Just got back on 23:44 - Nov 2 with 1034 viewsmattyhollandsirish

We looked a lot more solid once Coulson went off and Burgess replaced him. Rampaging full back he ain't and he might struggle against tricky wingers, but Burgess has proved at Lincoln and tonight, games that account for a third of our wins that he can do a job there.

Morsy was quality. Really good.

Toto, thought he had his moments! Generally sound though Edmundson def more comfortable and commanding on the left.

KVY had his best town game for a long while.
Just got back on 23:58 - Nov 2 with 970 viewstextbackup

totos inability to kick a ball nearly caused it to be 2-2.
thats not god like

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just got back on 00:00 - Nov 3 with 966 viewsunstableblue

Agree on ref.,. Once he made a big decision against them he spent 10mins trying to make amends by giving everything

Agree on Bonnes finish

But disagree on KVY…. Yes he’s rusty but he was getting back to some of his best

As for Coulson he kept signalling to the bench he was OK.. and the physio gave him the green light.., so not a Cook issue.,. The player needs to be responsible and take himself off

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Just got back on 00:32 - Nov 3 with 879 viewsGuthrum

I thought Burgess did an excellent job as a replacement LB. Tough defending, but did also carry the ball forwards when there was the chance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just got back on 06:16 - Nov 3 with 671 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Just got back on 23:58 - Nov 2 by textbackup

totos inability to kick a ball nearly caused it to be 2-2.
thats not god like

yeah whatever. We all know you hate Toto. Give it a rest. He was immense.

Poll: would you rather

Just got back on 06:28 - Nov 3 with 626 viewstextbackup

Just got back on 06:16 - Nov 3 by LegendofthePhoenix

yeah whatever. We all know you hate Toto. Give it a rest. He was immense.

hate is very strong.

i dont rate him as a footballer, but as a person and a squad member he seems fantastic.

he'll cost us badly one game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 06:39 - Nov 3 with 583 viewsitfc_bucks

Just got back on 06:28 - Nov 3 by textbackup

hate is very strong.

i dont rate him as a footballer, but as a person and a squad member he seems fantastic.

He might well do.

But tonight Wycombe got nothing from him. He was fcking everywhere. He was big and strong, showed deftness of foot and held up against some big ol' lumps. Credit where its due, Woolfie would've got bullied tonight. Chambo got bullied by this lot last time. Toto was immense.

Just the clarify Re Burgess, yes he was a great option to have because of the nature of the Wycombe, route one, attack, but I felt, especially when he'd first come on, that his positioning was poor and he clearly can't help going forwards as his left looked to be for standing on only.

Don't get me wrong though, he played his part in a great win.
Just got back on 07:15 - Nov 3 with 470 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Just got back on 06:28 - Nov 3 by textbackup

hate is very strong.

maybe hate is too strong, but you seem to have categorised him because of a harsh sending off 3 years ago, and you seem blind to how utterly essential he is to us now. Anybody who is constantly in the thick of the action will make the odd mistake and give away a foul, a pen or get a red card. But the fact is Toto is always there, in the thick of it, not hiding out of position where he can't stop those attacks.

For me, Toto's biggest weakness is a lack of pace - he must be one of the slowest in our squad, but his reading of the game is exceptional and he is almost always able to be in the right place to get that header or that tackle or block in. Of course he will at some point make a mistake that will cost us, but that's the price you pay for having a central defender who just doesn't hide.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024