Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages 07:34 - Nov 3 with 1418 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let’s post some happy tunes to lighten the mood.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 7:35]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 07:40 - Nov 3 with 1365 viewsDanTheMan

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 07:46 - Nov 3 with 1334 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I swear I'm aching less this morning....what a difference a win makes!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 07:53 - Nov 3 with 1322 viewshoppy

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 08:09 - Nov 3 with 1264 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 08:11 - Nov 3 with 1257 viewstazdac

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 08:24 - Nov 3 with 1225 viewshoppy

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages (n/t) on 08:47 - Nov 3 with 1191 viewsthebluewizzard

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 08:52 - Nov 3 with 1169 viewsthebluewizzard

Login to get fewer ads

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:01 - Nov 3 with 1133 viewsRadlett_blue

I get differences of opinion about games, players & managers. That's part of football. But what I don't get is the tendency for some posters to keep looking for spats with others, rather than sticking to the point under debate. It often ruins some initially interesting threads. Play the ball, not the man.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:07 - Nov 3 with 1118 viewsHerbivore

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:01 - Nov 3 by Radlett_blue

I get differences of opinion about games, players & managers. That's part of football. But what I don't get is the tendency for some posters to keep looking for spats with others, rather than sticking to the point under debate. It often ruins some initially interesting threads. Play the ball, not the man.

We've won 4-1 and I've counted at least 2 or 3 threads in which the OP has called out other posters by name to try and goad people into an argument rather than discussing what was an excellent away win. It's all very odd.

Anyway:

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:12 - Nov 3 with 1080 viewsblueysbackside

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:07 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

We've won 4-1 and I've counted at least 2 or 3 threads in which the OP has called out other posters by name to try and goad people into an argument rather than discussing what was an excellent away win. It's all very odd.

Anyway:

Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen. A bit of hush pls.
[clears throat]
And the award for poster who does his best to goad people into an argument goes to..... Herbivore.....
A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:15 - Nov 3 with 1058 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:17 - Nov 3 with 1052 viewsHerbivore

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:12 - Nov 3 by blueysbackside

[clears throat]
And the award for poster who does his best to goad people into an argument goes to..... Herbivore.....

Yeah, you're one of the prime culprits who "celebrated" our win by trying to dig out fellow Town fans left, right, and centre. I'd hoped you were just a bit drunk but seems you're back for more today. Very weird behaviour.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:18]

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:20 - Nov 3 with 1015 viewshoppy

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:12 - Nov 3 by blueysbackside

[clears throat]

Damn… I thought I was nailed on for that award…

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:20 - Nov 3 with 1013 viewsblueysbackside

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:17 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Yeah, you're one of the prime culprits who "celebrated" our win by trying to dig out fellow Town fans left, right, and centre. I'd hoped you were just a bit drunk but seems you're back for more today. Very weird behaviour.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 9:18]

No, not drunk.
If you're going to have vociferous opinions, if you're going to snap at people, it you're going to try to land cheap digs, expect it back.
This is a forum. If we all had the same opinions, John Duncan would have been our manager for 10 years.
I am stunned by your attitude, sir.
John Duncan had a better win rate..... on 09:26 - Nov 3 with 984 viewsBloots

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:20 - Nov 3 by blueysbackside

No, not drunk.
If you're going to have vociferous opinions, if you're going to snap at people, it you're going to try to land cheap digs, expect it back.
This is a forum. If we all had the same opinions, John Duncan would have been our manager for 10 years.

....than Bobby Robson and Joe Royle.

(as well as Jim, Mick, Cook etc.....)

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:28 - Nov 3 with 966 viewsHerbivore

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:20 - Nov 3 by blueysbackside

No, not drunk.

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:32 - Nov 3 with 950 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:07 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Anyway:

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:34 - Nov 3 with 935 viewsHerbivore

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:32 - Nov 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Excellent choice, love me a bit of Eels.

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:49 - Nov 3 with 892 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyway:

?

Iron Lion Zion

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:50 - Nov 3 with 888 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:56 - Nov 3 with 864 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Anyway:

As material for the pessimists runs ever-more dry as the weeks pass....enter the attempted focus shift....

Be at peace with the significant progress and try to accept that others who focussed on the positives rather than the ever-decreasing negatives may feel some justification and you simply weren't part of that movement.

Sure you will shift over to the bright side as soon as certain others give the signal, it won't be long.
A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:58 - Nov 3 with 851 viewsblueysbackside

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:56 - Nov 3 by WilbrahamBlue

As material for the pessimists runs ever-more dry as the weeks pass....enter the attempted focus shift....

Be at peace with the significant progress and try to accept that others who focussed on the positives rather than the ever-decreasing negatives may feel some justification and you simply weren't part of that movement.

Sure you will shift over to the bright side as soon as certain others give the signal, it won't be long.

don't....he might crack.
A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 10:22 - Nov 3 with 811 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 09:34 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Excellent choice, love me a bit of Eels.

This is not a happy song. This one is...

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

A 4-1 away win and this place is as fractious as it’s been in ages on 17:32 - Nov 3 with 676 viewsthecheek

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024