Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Silverwood then 10:22 - Dec 16 with 1129 viewsSteve_M

Better or worse than Paul Cook?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 10:23]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chris Silverwood then on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 1102 viewshatch

It has been a very poor year by England Cricket standards. Depending on how badly we get beaten this series will depend on the pressure he gets. A whitewash could see the end of him. It would be suitable timing.

Which would be a shame as I like the bloke, but then I also like Paul Cook.
Chris Silverwood then on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 1087 viewsstopmoaning

Who?
Chris Silverwood then on 10:27 - Dec 16 with 1057 viewshatch

Chris Silverwood then on 10:24 - Dec 16 by stopmoaning

Who?

He's just dropped to 5/1 on BetVictor after this thread.
Chris Silverwood then on 10:28 - Dec 16 with 1055 viewsSteve_M

Chris Silverwood then on 10:24 - Dec 16 by hatch

It has been a very poor year by England Cricket standards. Depending on how badly we get beaten this series will depend on the pressure he gets. A whitewash could see the end of him. It would be suitable timing.

It's stuff like this:

Obviously the ECB have decided red ball cricket is secondary to money which won't help anyone but the same cluelessness keeps surfacing.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chris Silverwood then on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 993 viewsReuser_is_God

Chris Silverwood then on 10:28 - Dec 16 by Steve_M

It's stuff like this:

Obviously the ECB have decided red ball cricket is secondary to money which won't help anyone but the same cluelessness keeps surfacing.

The amount of emphasis we put on bowling under lights with the pink ball whilst completely ignoring the fact we are utterly woeful with the bat is laughable.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chris Silverwood then on 10:36 - Dec 16 with 963 viewsGuthrum

It's stuff like this:

The fact that Joe Root is the best spinner in the Test squad is, itself, alarming.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chris Silverwood then on 10:40 - Dec 16 with 916 viewshatch

Chris Silverwood then on 10:33 - Dec 16 by Reuser_is_God

The amount of emphasis we put on bowling under lights with the pink ball whilst completely ignoring the fact we are utterly woeful with the bat is laughable.

This.

There is an expectation that the Aussie's opening 5/6 batters all have decent knocks in them whereas we know that we will rest our hopes on Root every innings and 4 of the other top 6 won't make 50.

Can't remember the last time we had an all round good batting display.
Chris Silverwood then on 10:40 - Dec 16 with 921 viewsJakeITFC

Rotate and rest our quicks all year for this series (and then don't play Anderson or Broad in the first test), fall in love with the pink ball yet again and then leave out Wood and hammer it in back of a length all day.

A lot of this is to do with the hand that they are dealt with the lack of batting quality in the top 6, but my god we do some ridiculous selection and tactical things.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Silverwood then on 11:08 - Dec 16 with 770 viewsgainsboroughblue

Chris Silverwood then on 10:33 - Dec 16 by Reuser_is_God

Presumably Root has bowled to ensure we manage to bowl the full 90 overs in the day so we bowl with the pink ball under lights for as much as possible.

A plan that in itself, looks like backfiring as we've only managed to bowl 83.

Edit. I meant to reply to the post with the George Dobell tweet.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 11:09]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Chris Silverwood then on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 598 viewsIpswichKnight

Chris Silverwood then on 10:24 - Dec 16 by hatch

Both Root and Silverwood will likely be gone if we get thrashed. Root will have the most amount of test wins and most amount of test losses as captain by end of the series.

Not helped by both Jofra and Stone being injured but does 5 right arm fast medium would work when it’s never worked before.

Setting everything on a day night game when Aussies are P8 W8 seems a touch optimistic!
Chris Silverwood then on 14:25 - Dec 16 with 586 viewsMaySixth

Silverwood is a fraud
Been saying for two years everything is geared up for these Ashes
He is a fraud with no clue
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:26]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Chris Silverwood then on 14:30 - Dec 16 with 555 viewsChrisd

It's stuff like this:

Yep, the England team seems like it hasn’t got too much of a plan, but that’s us under Root’s leadership, it’s all too predictable with little out of the box thinking. Or we have the other issue, the floodlights are on and instead of the bowlers pitching the ball up on a fuller length, let’s try and bounce them out with loads of short stuff. I think it is really bizarre. What’s going on between the ears?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chris Silverwood then on 14:40 - Dec 16 with 487 viewschicoazul

Chris Silverwood then on 14:25 - Dec 16 by MaySixth

Silverwood is a fraud
Been saying for two years everything is geared up for these Ashes
He is a fraud with no clue
[Post edited 16 Dec 2021 14:26]

And yet England are one of the best two or three teams in the world at 2 of the 3 formats.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chris Silverwood then on 14:49 - Dec 16 with 449 viewsRyorry

Chris Silverwood then on 14:40 - Dec 16 by chicoazul

And yet England are one of the best two or three teams in the world at 2 of the 3 formats.

Counts for nothing when it's the Ashes.

Our current Test set-up is looking like the cricket equivalent of ITFC whilst under ME's ownership, Hurst's managership, and Chambo's ageing-legs captaincy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chris Silverwood then on 14:50 - Dec 16 with 441 viewschicoazul

Chris Silverwood then on 14:49 - Dec 16 by Ryorry

Counts for nothing when it's the Ashes.

Our current Test set-up is looking like the cricket equivalent of ITFC whilst under ME's ownership, Hurst's managership, and Chambo's ageing-legs captaincy.

Test cricket is third in the priorities list sadly. For pretty much every association in the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024