Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid 20:24 - Dec 18 with 1385 viewsGarv

Gives us much needed balance we've lacked for ages and simply gets us up the pitch. Not perfect defensively but no one is, bar Edmundson perhaps.

KVY did well coming on, but he's not a starting left back, not at all.

Biggest myth of the season is Penney not playing more in November/December.

Best half of the season that first half. First to 90% of second balls, finding space wide and two up top being horrible to play against. Missed Burns so much.

Draw just about fair because we didn't get through them enough second half but still promising. Sunderland obviously aren't mugs.

Anyone see Norwood limping at full time? Do hope that's nothing but history suggests otherwise.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 20:34 - Dec 18 with 1323 viewsBarcaBlue

Penney was playing as a wing back, his job was to get up and down. I don't think he defended well and offered little in attack. Wasn't dreadful but nearly gave them a second when Walton saved well.

KVY created a lot more in 20 minutes but wasn't really tested defensively, think he should continue there. Just don't think Penney adds anything to the team

Not sure what the myth is about to be honest.
Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:14 - Dec 18 with 1109 viewsITFC_Forever

When Coulson is back, he’ll go straight back in.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:28 - Dec 18 with 1072 viewsclive_baker

He’s as weak as a kitten.

Coulson and Burns would fit the system perfectly though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:35 - Dec 18 with 1039 viewsHerbivore

Penney just isn't very good at football. No real pace, too weak, defensively doesn't read the game well. He's a neat and tidy footballer but he plays like Luke Garbutt on ketamine most of the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:41 - Dec 18 with 1016 viewsBlueBadger

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:35 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Penney just isn't very good at football. No real pace, too weak, defensively doesn't read the game well. He's a neat and tidy footballer but he plays like Luke Garbutt on ketamine most of the time.

He's no Andy Drury, let's face it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:48 - Dec 18 with 984 viewsIllinoisblue

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:14 - Dec 18 by ITFC_Forever

“When” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:55 - Dec 18 with 958 viewsOsborneOneNil

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:35 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Yeah I agree, he’s just a level below everyone else.
Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 23:46 - Dec 18 with 838 viewsitfcsuth

Agree he’s the weakest link for me at the moment.

I’d personally be sending Coulson back in January and going to the market for another LB/LWB - Coulson is too injury prone, barely seen him in a Town shirt and we are now 5 months in to the season.

Cohen Bramhall - Lincoln
Callum Styles - Barnsley

They’d be the names I’d be looking at.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 23:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 01:39 - Dec 19 with 733 viewsGarv

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 22:14 - Dec 18 by ITFC_Forever

Wouldn't argue with that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Going to continue banging the Penney drum I'm afraid on 08:45 - Dec 19 with 535 viewstractor_lady

Sorry can’t agree I think he is a liability defensively and offers little in attack. KVY much better even when not on his preferred side. Would def think left back is somewhere we will look to strengthen January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024