Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TW4TD advice sought 12:12 - Dec 23 with 1185 viewsLord_Lucan

I have a number of LED TV's in a showroom and it is a bit of a pain to keep turning them off at night and then on again in the morning.

Back in the day one was warned not to leave a paused screen overnight on a plasma because of screen burn, does screen burn affect LED'S and does it make any difference as it is images anyway and not TV pictures?

I appreciate it might be a tw4tish question.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 12:12]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TW4TD advice sought on 12:33 - Dec 23 with 1094 viewsCheltenham_Blue

LED's can die and you can end up with 'dead pixels'. I'd suggest not doing that, not only because of burning out the screens but because of the environment, (Its very frowned upon now), hence why most TV have default power off times.

Go and flagellate yourself for even suggesting it, before someone offers to do it for you.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 12:44]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

TW4TD advice sought on 12:49 - Dec 23 with 1024 viewsSaleAway

can't you just get one of those one for all remotes, and configure it to turn them all off with one press of a button?

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

TW4TD advice sought on 13:16 - Dec 23 with 963 viewsLord_Lucan

TW4TD advice sought on 12:33 - Dec 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

LED's can die and you can end up with 'dead pixels'. I'd suggest not doing that, not only because of burning out the screens but because of the environment, (Its very frowned upon now), hence why most TV have default power off times.

Go and flagellate yourself for even suggesting it, before someone offers to do it for you.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 12:44]

I overid the power off and I thought I'd plant a couple of trees.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

TW4TD advice sought on 13:18 - Dec 23 with 957 viewsLord_Lucan

TW4TD advice sought on 12:49 - Dec 23 by SaleAway

can't you just get one of those one for all remotes, and configure it to turn them all off with one press of a button?

It's not as simple as that. I have 4 controlled by one remote and 7 by another - but they all need different menu options - and sometimes when you try and turn some on it turns the others off etc.

It's a blooming kerfuffle.

TW4TD advice sought on 13:23 - Dec 23 with 929 viewsSaleAway

TW4TD advice sought on 13:18 - Dec 23 by Lord_Lucan

It's not as simple as that. I have 4 controlled by one remote and 7 by another - but they all need different menu options - and sometimes when you try and turn some on it turns the others off etc.

It's a blooming kerfuffle.

When I worked at BT in Martlesham, during my final year at uni, I lodged with a guy on Constable Road. His solution to anyone who dared to leave a tv on ( for example, falling asleep, a bit drunk with tv on), was to turn the power off for the whole house, at the fuse box. It wasn't at all annoying for those people that had a mains powered alarm clock.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

TW4TD advice sought on 13:32 - Dec 23 with 889 viewsMookamoo

Assuming they're all playing from the SD Card/USB input, would it be quicker to just change the input to AV1 at the end of the day and then change it back again in the morning? That way they are just showing a black screen and you don't have to go through the whole menu process each day?
TW4TD advice sought on 13:40 - Dec 23 with 840 viewsLord_Lucan

TW4TD advice sought on 13:32 - Dec 23 by Mookamoo

Assuming they're all playing from the SD Card/USB input, would it be quicker to just change the input to AV1 at the end of the day and then change it back again in the morning? That way they are just showing a black screen and you don't have to go through the whole menu process each day?

Thanks Mooky, I'll have a look. I'm just loading the new ones up now.

Anyway, I was going to email you the question before posting it on here but I thought you weren't working today - I got an automated email from you earlier!

TW4TD advice sought on 13:42 - Dec 23 with 815 viewsMookamoo

TW4TD advice sought on 13:40 - Dec 23 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks Mooky, I'll have a look. I'm just loading the new ones up now.

Anyway, I was going to email you the question before posting it on here but I thought you weren't working today - I got an automated email from you earlier!

I'm hiding.
Login to get fewer ads

TW4TD advice sought on 13:47 - Dec 23 with 802 viewsLord_Lucan

TW4TD advice sought on 13:42 - Dec 23 by Mookamoo

I'm hiding.

Ha ha - so is every other b"gger

No one want's to work!

TW4TD advice sought on 13:48 - Dec 23 with 800 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's easy. Flip the trip switch when you leave and put it back on when you return in the morning.

You may wish to ensure your alarm system runs off a battery, though.

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be too tricky to have a circuit that you have a timer control on to cut the power automatically every day. I think individual socket ones are quite cheap.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 13:48]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024