Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice way to end the week 17:06 - Jan 7 with 1394 viewsDarth_Koont

Maajid Nawaz – perennial alt-right grifter and current Covid-denying loon – has been relieved of his LBC duties with immediate effect.

Years too late of course. But a win is a win.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nice way to end the week on 17:08 - Jan 7 with 1365 viewsSwansea_Blue

One or two on here used to post his stuff in defence of certain arguments. I've always thought he comes across as a complete crackpot. Did anything specific trigger this, or is it just a accumulation of general feckwittery?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 17:08]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice way to end the week on 17:12 - Jan 7 with 1329 viewsDarth_Koont

Nice way to end the week on 17:08 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

One or two on here used to post his stuff in defence of certain arguments. I've always thought he comes across as a complete crackpot. Did anything specific trigger this, or is it just a accumulation of general feckwittery?

Doesn’t appear to be any crackpottery or f@ckwittery out of the ordinary for him. So nothing specific, from what I can see.

Nice way to end the week on 17:17 - Jan 7 with 1287 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice way to end the week on 17:12 - Jan 7 by Darth_Koont

Doesn’t appear to be any crackpottery or f@ckwittery out of the ordinary for him. So nothing specific, from what I can see.

Ah right.I don't think he'll be missed. Politics for All has also been booted of Twitter this week apparently - I always thought that was a bit suss too - very clickbaity and seemed to have an underlying bias despite giving the impression of being 'for all'. It certainly attracted its fair share of Daily Mailites in the comments.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice way to end the week on 17:24 - Jan 7 with 1248 viewsjaykay

Nice way to end the week on 17:08 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

think he was a poster boy for some on here, till his true colours came out . a bit like boris for some.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Nice way to end the week on 17:25 - Jan 7 with 1245 viewsfooters

Nice way to end the week on 17:17 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

Ah right.I don't think he'll be missed. Politics for All has also been booted of Twitter this week apparently - I always thought that was a bit suss too - very clickbaity and seemed to have an underlying bias despite giving the impression of being 'for all'. It certainly attracted its fair share of Daily Mailites in the comments.

Amazing! 2022 is going to be some year, can feel it already!

PoliticsforAll was clearly a bad egg, as was Nawaz :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nice way to end the week on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 1227 viewsSteve_M

Are we going to predict how soon he'll end up on GB News?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nice way to end the week on 19:35 - Jan 7 with 1072 viewsDarth_Koont

Nice way to end the week on 17:31 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

Are we going to predict how soon he'll end up on GB News?

I’d have said it’s an obvious move. But I think they’ve already got Neil Oliver filling that role so who knows?

Whatever he does will be weird and egotistical so actually quite intriguing to see what he comes up with.

Nice way to end the week on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 1033 viewsWeWereZombies

Nice way to end the week on 19:35 - Jan 7 by Darth_Koont

I’d have said it’s an obvious move. But I think they’ve already got Neil Oliver filling that role so who knows?

Whatever he does will be weird and egotistical so actually quite intriguing to see what he comes up with.

Yes, I was disappointed to notice that Neil Oliver seems to have veered off course in recent years:

'In April 2021, he was announced as a presenter for GB News. Oliver hosts a weekly current affairs and interview programme on the channel.'

'Commenting on the British government's response to the coronavirus pandemic, on 11 June 2021 Oliver said, "Lockdown is the biggest single mistake in world history". He also criticised the drive to vaccinate children in the UK against COVID-19, saying, "Never before in medical history has there been a proposal to vaccinate children against a disease that poses them no measurable harm. Added to this is the undeniable fact these vaccines for COVID are experimental, in that no data is available concerning long term effects." He likened the fight against government anti-COVID measures to the fight against Nazi Germany, saying, "there's another battle of Britain being fought now. It's being fought by a minority outgunned and shouted down by those who would accept freedom handed to them by MPs on condition that they do as they are told. That's not freedom. That is tyranny."

Oliver's opposition to coronavirus restrictions led to him leaving the unionist campaign group These Islands. Tom Holland, an advisory board member of These Islands, said that Oliver's "current focus was not compatible with our own". '

Both passages from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Oliver

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Nice way to end the week on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 1001 viewsfooters

Nice way to end the week on 19:49 - Jan 7 by WeWereZombies

Yes, I was disappointed to notice that Neil Oliver seems to have veered off course in recent years:

'In April 2021, he was announced as a presenter for GB News. Oliver hosts a weekly current affairs and interview programme on the channel.'

'Commenting on the British government's response to the coronavirus pandemic, on 11 June 2021 Oliver said, "Lockdown is the biggest single mistake in world history". He also criticised the drive to vaccinate children in the UK against COVID-19, saying, "Never before in medical history has there been a proposal to vaccinate children against a disease that poses them no measurable harm. Added to this is the undeniable fact these vaccines for COVID are experimental, in that no data is available concerning long term effects." He likened the fight against government anti-COVID measures to the fight against Nazi Germany, saying, "there's another battle of Britain being fought now. It's being fought by a minority outgunned and shouted down by those who would accept freedom handed to them by MPs on condition that they do as they are told. That's not freedom. That is tyranny."

Oliver's opposition to coronavirus restrictions led to him leaving the unionist campaign group These Islands. Tom Holland, an advisory board member of These Islands, said that Oliver's "current focus was not compatible with our own". '

Interesting that a historian would cite Nazi Germany in relation to the covid pandemic yet still call the vaccination programme 'the single biggest mistake in world history'...

Maybe his textbook was missing a few dozen pages?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nice way to end the week on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 918 viewstractordownsouth

Nice way to end the week on 19:49 - Jan 7 by WeWereZombies

The GB News monologues often pop up on my twitter feed. From the headlines, it seems Neil Oliver has the same rant about Covid restrictions every day, regardless of whether or not there actually are any in place.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Nice way to end the week on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 844 viewsHARRY10

Nice way to end the week on 22:02 - Jan 7 by tractordownsouth

The GB News monologues often pop up on my twitter feed. From the headlines, it seems Neil Oliver has the same rant about Covid restrictions every day, regardless of whether or not there actually are any in place.

I do wonder how much of what they spout they actually, truly believe in.

While Farage has a grudge against 'progressives' much of what he spouts is simply stuff he knows will keep the money rolling in.

A few seconds of rational thought would tell you QAnon and the rest are totally barking. Their ideas are based on the belief the world is one giant conspiracy aimed at them - and anything that smacks of society changing from a mythologised 1950's society is 'woke',

It used to be political correctness gone made (respect for others as was known by the rest of us). Health and safety which also had a tendency towards madness (or insurance requirements as was known by others) and our old favourite, the nanny state (government advice).

You are not forced to stop smoking, eating red meat or gorging on chocolate, but I for one as do most people recognise it is the state's job to inform us of known dangers. We listen, and then decide for ourselves. Unfortunately this sort of stuff rather sets off the righties to bounce around the room shrieking in high pitched voices like Daleks on speed.

Perhaps one day we will be able to identify the 'rightie' gene. Find out what makes outwardly sensible people believe in what such absolute bollox. From being anti vax - to believing the Royal family are seven foot lizards. That man never landed on the moon to holocaust and climate change denial.

The cure might be they start to think for themselves - but they imagine, poor things, that reading some nonsense off an obscure website IS actually thinking for themselves. That this stuff is not in the mainstream is not because it is undiluted bollox, but it is suppressed and so only the true believers can access it - or so they will tell you.

And creationism is another of the beliefs - which is rather ironic given how their views on the vaccination is killing them off. A sort of Darwinism in action. Perhaps in that light it will eventually be their own stupidity, not rational argument, that does for them
Nice way to end the week on 00:59 - Jan 8 with 742 viewsRyorry

Nice way to end the week on 22:51 - Jan 7 by HARRY10

While Farage has a grudge against 'progressives' much of what he spouts is simply stuff he knows will keep the money rolling in.

A few seconds of rational thought would tell you QAnon and the rest are totally barking. Their ideas are based on the belief the world is one giant conspiracy aimed at them - and anything that smacks of society changing from a mythologised 1950's society is 'woke',

It used to be political correctness gone made (respect for others as was known by the rest of us). Health and safety which also had a tendency towards madness (or insurance requirements as was known by others) and our old favourite, the nanny state (government advice).

You are not forced to stop smoking, eating red meat or gorging on chocolate, but I for one as do most people recognise it is the state's job to inform us of known dangers. We listen, and then decide for ourselves. Unfortunately this sort of stuff rather sets off the righties to bounce around the room shrieking in high pitched voices like Daleks on speed.

Perhaps one day we will be able to identify the 'rightie' gene. Find out what makes outwardly sensible people believe in what such absolute bollox. From being anti vax - to believing the Royal family are seven foot lizards. That man never landed on the moon to holocaust and climate change denial.

The cure might be they start to think for themselves - but they imagine, poor things, that reading some nonsense off an obscure website IS actually thinking for themselves. That this stuff is not in the mainstream is not because it is undiluted bollox, but it is suppressed and so only the true believers can access it - or so they will tell you.

And creationism is another of the beliefs - which is rather ironic given how their views on the vaccination is killing them off. A sort of Darwinism in action. Perhaps in that light it will eventually be their own stupidity, not rational argument, that does for them

Really interesting podcast series, worth a listen. Was also broadcast on BBC World Service Radio 4 about 3 nights ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bc3rjy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/radio-4-the-coming-storm

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nice way to end the week on 08:05 - Jan 8 with 572 viewssolomon

Nice way to end the week on 22:51 - Jan 7 by HARRY10

I think i can answer your first sentence,

They probably don’t believe any of it, they believe in the handsome pay check they are receiving.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 8:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024