Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports Passes - BT vs Sky 16:19 - Jan 14 with 781 viewsZx1988

I'm currently laid up with Covid, so I'm thinking of getting a weekly/monthly pass for a sports subscription to give me something to do whilst I'm confined to barracks.

It's been ages since I looked at the two providers, and both seem to be currently showing my two preferred sports of Football and Cricket.

Which side of the fence would you come down on in my position?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 16:21 - Jan 14 with 768 viewsHerbivore

If you're happy to watch any old footy then there's not much in it, if you're mainly interested in domestic footy then Sky.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 17:01 - Jan 14 with 653 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Much of a muchness, have a look at the fixtures and go from there.

I miss the days when at least buying sky meant you got EVERY televised match.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 643 viewsZx1988

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 17:01 - Jan 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Much of a muchness, have a look at the fixtures and go from there.

I miss the days when at least buying sky meant you got EVERY televised match.

Yeah, I agree with you on that one.

Even the fixtures are a little bit of a muchness - BT has City v Chelsea, whilst Sky has Arsenal v Spurs.

I ended up going with Sky based on the extra match tonight, and the fact that they'll have cricket on at a more sociable hour!

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 594 viewsMerseyBlue

I have been with BT for the last 2 years and just upgraded to full fibre which has been really impressive so far. I can watch any fixture of the various European competitions, and having had my broadband with Sky in the past, I would say the customer service from BT is significantly better.

I also pay for the Sky Sports pass from NowTV separately. I picked it up on a deal for something like 16.99 p/m for a couple of months, but whenever I go to cancel it before it switches to the full price, they offer me another discounted rate. You can just add Sky Sports to your BT package and vice versa, but in my experience, if you want both - BT package plus NowTV is the cheapest way of doing it.

Sky is definitely the better bet for weekend PL games and cricket (even though this Ashes series is on BT). They also have more variety - rugby league, golf, F1, darts etc.

It will depend on whether you are happy to pay for both, or if not, whether you see yourself watching more sport during the week or over the weekend.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 578 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just download the apps (for free) and use a mates log in details for both (you get several devices you can register on, so nothing illegal).

You're welcome.

RIP Sir Bobby

Sports Passes - BT vs Sky on 18:10 - Jan 14 with 497 viewsEwan_Oozami

Hope you get well soon! Obviously there are reasons for my wishing you well! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024