Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal request to postpone ... 18:54 - Jan 14 with 1074 viewsberkstractorboy

Looking at the Arsenal squad from last night, even taking out injuries (Saka, Cedric and Chambers) and suspension (Xhaka) I make that 1 (or 2) GK available and 15 outfield players so enough to play according to the league rules.

Is it because some of the young players on the bench are eligible for the cup but not registered for EPL?

I am not picking on Arsenal as I want it off as I want the game postponed so Arsenal can have a stronger team to batter Spurs, but its probably a good example that actually these teams could have fielded a team as most suspected.
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 18:55 - Jan 14 with 1054 viewsZXBlue

They are using covid as an excuse when the reason players are out is injuries and African nations....
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 1029 viewsberkstractorboy

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 18:55 - Jan 14 by ZXBlue

They are using covid as an excuse when the reason players are out is injuries and African nations....

Covid can only be an excuse if any of the players from the squad last night have suddenly tested positive today .... hmmmmmm
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:08 - Jan 14 with 947 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 18:55 - Jan 14 by ZXBlue

And Xhaka suspension
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:10 - Jan 14 with 940 viewsberkstractorboy

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:08 - Jan 14 by DropCliffsNotBombs

And Xhaka suspension

Covered him in my OP. Used last nights squad as basis who could play Spurs.
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:17 - Jan 14 with 898 viewsElderGrizzly

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 18:57 - Jan 14 by berkstractorboy

Covid can only be an excuse if any of the players from the squad last night have suddenly tested positive today .... hmmmmmm

They need to get a load of those false positive tests that Liverpool used
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:34 - Jan 14 with 834 viewsSitfcB

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:10 - Jan 14 by berkstractorboy

Covered him in my OP. Used last nights squad as basis who could play Spurs.

Just loaned out AMN and Balogun as well!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:36 - Jan 14 with 819 viewsKieran_Knows

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:34 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

The same Balogun they had to use for the first game of the season at Brentford when they had 6 covid cases and they weren’t allowed to cancel the game?

Why’s there so much ‘noise’ around Arsenal requesting to cancel when it’s been a farce for every other team these past few weeks I do not know.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:43 - Jan 14 with 785 viewsChurchman

They chose to employ players eligible for African Cup of Nations. Exclude them. Arsenal’s problem. Covid - like no club has that problem. Are they trying to wheedle their way to putting out their best side? Of course they are.

Like all clubs, they should play the fixtures if they have enough professional and youth players for 11 on the field and 3 subs. Get on with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:44 - Jan 14 with 778 viewsElderGrizzly

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:36 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

The same Balogun they had to use for the first game of the season at Brentford when they had 6 covid cases and they weren’t allowed to cancel the game?

Why’s there so much ‘noise’ around Arsenal requesting to cancel when it’s been a farce for every other team these past few weeks I do not know.

They only have 1 Covid case i think is the reason
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:48 - Jan 14 with 759 viewsKieran_Knows

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:44 - Jan 14 by ElderGrizzly

They only have 1 Covid case i think is the reason

… and you don’t think many of the other clubs who have cancelled games have had similar numbers and just used that as an excuse for injuries?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:52 - Jan 14 with 743 viewsElderGrizzly

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:48 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

… and you don’t think many of the other clubs who have cancelled games have had similar numbers and just used that as an excuse for injuries?

Oh they absolutely have. Arsenal appear to have been stupid enough to be honest
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:52 - Jan 14 with 742 viewsSitfcB

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:36 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

There was a fair bit of noise around Liverpool postponing the Arsenal game last week and the same with Leicester. It’s always been a farce.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:54 - Jan 14 with 727 viewsjas0999

Sadly, a lot of teams - PL in particular are stretching the rules. Burnley lose a key player as a clause is triggered and boom! Covid and injuries force a postponement. It’s beyond ridiculous.
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:57 - Jan 14 with 713 viewsElderGrizzly

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:52 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

There was a fair bit of noise around Liverpool postponing the Arsenal game last week and the same with Leicester. It’s always been a farce.

Liverpool were falsely claiming they had 14 cases, of which 13 were false positive (hmmm)

Arsenal have been silly enough to declare 1
Arsenal request to postpone ... on 20:03 - Jan 14 with 685 viewsIllinoisblue

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:54 - Jan 14 by jas0999

Sadly, a lot of teams - PL in particular are stretching the rules. Burnley lose a key player as a clause is triggered and boom! Covid and injuries force a postponement. It’s beyond ridiculous.

It’s staggering that the premier league are not demanding full transparency over numbers of affected players. No way on earth a prem team can’t put out a team.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 20:18]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 20:50 - Jan 14 with 579 viewsberkstractorboy

Arsenal request to postpone ... on 19:34 - Jan 14 by SitfcB

Doesn't matter. The point of my post is that with the squad last night, forget players at AFCON or have left, even taking into account injuries and suspensions FROM the squad LAST NIGHT, they still have enough players to meet the league criteria to play.

As I said in OP, not picking on Arsenal I am using it as an example of the farce the EPL and EFL have created with "covid" postponements.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024