Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebrating assists rather than the scorer 08:13 - Feb 21 with 1434 viewsSteve_M

Watching the reaction of the players to Jackson after our third goal on Saturday was nice to see (and I love the smile on his face as Celina scores, one of satisfaction):

Anyway, any other examples of more players celebrating with the player who provided the assist rather than the goalscorer?

There was Jon Walters celebrating on his own with the fans at QPR in 2008 whilst the rest of the team mobbed Alan Quinn on the half-way line for a brilliant first-time pass.

I'm trying to think of some others.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:35 - Feb 21 with 1317 viewsJakeITFC

Jonny Williams at Brighton, crossed for a Murphy tap in I think but a lovely jinking run to get there.
Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:38 - Feb 21 with 1299 viewswrightsrightglove

Often think this when you see a striker running off in a different direction after an easy tap in when it’s the player who put the ball in that should be getting the adulation. Jackson fully made that goal and it should definitely be him celebrated for it alongside Celina.
Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:40 - Feb 21 with 1274 viewsTractorFrog

Bonne vs Sheff Weds this year, and that wasn’t actually even an assist.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:46 - Feb 21 with 1242 viewsVaughan8

I thought this happened fairly regularly, especially when the scorer gets a tap in from a good pass/cross.
Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:59 - Feb 21 with 1173 viewsSteve_M

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:46 - Feb 21 by Vaughan8

I thought this happened fairly regularly, especially when the scorer gets a tap in from a good pass/cross.

It's not so much that the player who provided the assist is ignored normally but on Saturday and in the QPR game everyone went to them rather than the scorer.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 09:07 - Feb 21 with 1128 viewsEwan_Oozami

Apols if I've missed it on another thread, but I wonder what Woolfy was saying as he pointed to Jackson's name on the shirt?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 09:28 - Feb 21 with 1016 viewsHighgateBlue

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 09:07 - Feb 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Apols if I've missed it on another thread, but I wonder what Woolfy was saying as he pointed to Jackson's name on the shirt?

They're both partners in crime aren't they, from Cook's sin bin? Great to see the players celebrating when a team-mate has come through a tough time.
Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 12:10 - Feb 21 with 746 viewsFunge

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 08:35 - Feb 21 by JakeITFC

Jonny Williams at Brighton, crossed for a Murphy tap in I think but a lovely jinking run to get there.

Good day out that one.

Williams took a bunch of abuse from Brighton due to the Palace connection too; remember him giving a little back when Murphy scored.
Login to get fewer ads

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 703 viewsDyland

Puts a smile on yer face innit. Never had a strong opinion either way on Jackson.... but he's got some very harsh criticism from fans as well as the in and out of the team stuff (in and out of team not always unfair, maybe).... and he deserves to be very satisfied with his last two performances. He's so professional as well. Top bloke, and could prove vital to a playoff push if he keeps it up.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2022 12:19]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Celebrating assists rather than the scorer on 12:28 - Feb 21 with 647 viewsStewart27

That assist was much harder than it looked.

I’m not going to pretend that I’m Jackson’s biggest fan. I wanted him gone in the summer.

However, I really hope that KM can unearth the player in there and that he can full 180 prove me wrong. This is his moment. Under performing strikers. Run in with potential play off spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024