Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) 19:32 - Apr 15 with 2407 viewsSitfcB

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-mckenna-working-with-ole-and-jose-was-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 19:35 - Apr 15 with 2367 viewsBlueBadger

Paywalled....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 19:40 - Apr 15 with 2362 viewsSitfcB

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 19:35 - Apr 15 by BlueBadger

Paywalled....

That’s weird, when I click the link through the tweet I can read it, when I click the link on here it’s paywalled!

Can c+p via PM if you want?

COYB

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 22:44 - Apr 15 with 2038 viewsBlueForYou

Any major insight in the article that could be shared?
McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 22:53 - Apr 15 with 2014 viewsdominiciawful

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 19:40 - Apr 15 by SitfcB

That’s weird, when I click the link through the tweet I can read it, when I click the link on here it’s paywalled!

Can c+p via PM if you want?

That seems to have worked for me too. I'll link the tweet here to see if that works for others.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 23:01 - Apr 15 with 1985 viewsSitfcB

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 22:53 - Apr 15 by dominiciawful

That seems to have worked for me too. I'll link the tweet here to see if that works for others.

Apologies, thought I had linked the tweet not the article in the OP.

COYB

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 23:14 - Apr 15 with 1945 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 22:44 - Apr 15 by BlueForYou

Any major insight in the article that could be shared?

Link on the Tweet works for me but the gist is that his family run a hotel in Ireland and he has inherited their work ethic. He is clever getting A*s and As at GCSE before moving to London to play with Tottenham's academy aged 16. That made him grow up quickly. He sleeps better as a manager than he did as a coach because he likes having the final say on decisions.

Comes across really well in the article. Not at all smarmy

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 01:34 - Apr 16 with 1794 viewsVic

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 22:53 - Apr 15 by dominiciawful

Thanks. Really good interview. Plenty of stuff there I didn’t know about him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 07:44 - Apr 16 with 1581 viewsKeno

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 01:34 - Apr 16 by Vic

Thanks for the links

Seems like quite a guy and wants us to do well

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 11:50 - Apr 16 with 1310 viewsChurchman

McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 01:34 - Apr 16 by Vic

Yep, excellent interview. He comes across as very grounded with a thirst for learning. He also has 10+ years of coaching experience at different levels.

He has a heck of a lot to learn, but in many ways he’s in the perfect place to do that with the club reconstituting itself where it is. I wasn’t too sure when his name first surfaced. I thought somebody like Chris Hughton or Jimmy Floyd H might be the answer, but I was wrong on that.

On the evidence of the first four months, he looks a good fit for the club, regardless of how the last few games pan out.
McKenna interview with Henry Winter (The Times) on 01:15 - Apr 17 with 1154 viewsjeera

Thanks for that; you and Sitters.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024