Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine - The final outcome 10:00 - Apr 19 with 913 viewsblueasfook

Looks like Mariupol is about to finally fall to the Russians and their attack in the east is underway. I think the Russians will end up with the Eastern region and a corridor all the way to Crimea. I wonder if that was their objective originally? But I think it's what they will end up with getting.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 887 viewsElderGrizzly

So they'll end up with cities they have totally destroyed and will need to rebuild from scratch?

Not the most efficient of strategies?
Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 881 viewshomer_123

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:02 - Apr 19 by ElderGrizzly

So they'll end up with cities they have totally destroyed and will need to rebuild from scratch?

My take - the corridor is exactly what they wanted.

However - they didn't expect Ukraine to put up the kind of resistance they have but Russia couldn't lose face and stop and therefore have had to go all out and level the cities to get the end result.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 870 viewsdickie

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:09 - Apr 19 with 844 viewsblueasfook

Its a pointless exercise I agree but it gives old Vlad a hard on I guess.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:23 - Apr 19 with 770 viewsElderGrizzly

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:06 - Apr 19 by homer_123

My take - the corridor is exactly what they wanted.

However - they didn't expect Ukraine to put up the kind of resistance they have but Russia couldn't lose face and stop and therefore have had to go all out and level the cities to get the end result.

As you say, this is about political face-saving now.

5 million Ukrainians have left the region and they have a 'pathway' to what was probably their goal in the first place
Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:25 - Apr 19 with 771 viewsMookamoo

They wanted and will always want Kyiv. Even if they do just consolidate the eastern regions, that won't be the end if it long term.

I suspect in about October there will be a settlement allowing what is left of Ukraine independence in return for neutrality from NATO. They'll then go back to disrupting the Ukrainian government structure from within with the intension of getting a Russian sympathiser in power.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 10:44]
Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 756 viewsElderGrizzly

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:25 - Apr 19 by Mookamoo

They wanted and will always want Kyiv. Even if they do just consolidate the eastern regions, that won't be the end if it long term.

I suspect in about October there will be a settlement allowing what is left of Ukraine independence in return for neutrality from NATO. They'll then go back to disrupting the Ukrainian government structure from within with the intension of getting a Russian sympathiser in power.

I agree. Zelensky will not be 'allowed' to remain.
Ukraine - The final outcome on 12:30 - Apr 19 with 596 viewsVic

Ukraine - The final outcome on 10:25 - Apr 19 by Mookamoo

I was wondering the other day - if they join the EU but not NATO how would that affect the EU's reaction to Russian interference in Ukrainian affairs? Wouldn't it drawn the EU into direct military confrontation with Russia? OK it;s not NATO, but it's still pretty serious.

Or am I missing something?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine - The final outcome on 12:41 - Apr 19 with 558 viewsWeWereZombies

Ukraine - The final outcome on 12:30 - Apr 19 by Vic

I was wondering the other day - if they join the EU but not NATO how would that affect the EU's reaction to Russian interference in Ukrainian affairs? Wouldn't it drawn the EU into direct military confrontation with Russia? OK it;s not NATO, but it's still pretty serious.

Or am I missing something?

'Keir Giles, a senior consulting fellow at London-based think-tank Chatham House, said President Putin’s aim of “reversing history and going back to Russia’s status as it was over 100 years ago also directly affects other neighbours”.

“This means Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Finland,” he said.

The EU has a mutual defence clause for any member nation that is “victim of armed aggression on its territory”.

This means if Russia were to invade Finland, it could find itself at war with all 27 EU member states, which could then engage Russian forces directly.'

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/russia-invade-finland-will-putin-what-happen-balt

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024