Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland v wendies 20:18 - May 6 with 1739 viewsFtnfwest

Well it might get better but at the moment it’s like watching the Jewson league tbh
Sunderland v wendies on 20:20 - May 6 with 1714 viewsChurchman

Yep, it’s awful.
Sunderland v wendies on 20:26 - May 6 with 1686 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Been telling all my punters today to get on the 0-0 at 8/1. And under 2.5 goals at 8/11

Edit - Bloody good timing that!
[Post edited 6 May 2022 20:32]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sunderland v wendies on 20:31 - May 6 with 1652 viewsFtnfwest

Sunderland v wendies on 20:26 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Been telling all my punters today to get on the 0-0 at 8/1. And under 2.5 goals at 8/11

Edit - Bloody good timing that!
[Post edited 6 May 2022 20:32]

Oh dear… rubbish goal though
Sunderland v wendies on 20:32 - May 6 with 1648 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sunderland v wendies on 20:31 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

Oh dear… rubbish goal though

Been a game of defences. And then the CB decides to do that. Deary me

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sunderland v wendies on 20:35 - May 6 with 1629 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 20:32 - May 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Been a game of defences. And then the CB decides to do that. Deary me

Tragic defending. Possibly the only way there was going to be a goal. It might just open this awful game up a bit second half.
Sunderland v wendies on 20:38 - May 6 with 1607 viewsFtnfwest

Sunderland v wendies on 20:35 - May 6 by Churchman

Tragic defending. Possibly the only way there was going to be a goal. It might just open this awful game up a bit second half.

I think I want the winners of this to go up but now not so sure! Pretty sure if Wednesday stay down, people like bannan will be off. Sunderland may also lose gooch. In all honesty both sides would be hit hard if that happened.
Sunderland v wendies on 20:41 - May 6 with 1596 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 20:38 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

I think I want the winners of this to go up but now not so sure! Pretty sure if Wednesday stay down, people like bannan will be off. Sunderland may also lose gooch. In all honesty both sides would be hit hard if that happened.

Agreed. I’ve been surprised just how poor they’ve played. WW or MKD could easily beat either of these.
Sunderland v wendies on 20:51 - May 6 with 1535 viewsjayessess

Sunderland v wendies on 20:41 - May 6 by Churchman

Agreed. I’ve been surprised just how poor they’ve played. WW or MKD could easily beat either of these.

Wednesday are one of the better sides we faced this season, but they've got sucked into playing a frantic match in front of a big crowd.

This Sunderland are only here because they developed a knack of scoring late goals, but aren't much cop as individuals or a group really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland v wendies on 21:02 - May 6 with 1483 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland getting on top, but can’t finish.

Highest ever PO Semi attendance in any division.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sunderland v wendies on 21:06 - May 6 with 1474 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 21:02 - May 6 by ITFC_Forever

Sunderland getting on top, but can’t finish.

Highest ever PO Semi attendance in any division.

Much better from Sunderland. Nothing from Wednesday at the moment
Sunderland v wendies on 21:12 - May 6 with 1454 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland v wendies on 20:38 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

I feel dirty saying this but I’d like Wycombe to go up. Both Sunderland and Sheff Weds could be in big financial trouble if they don’t go up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sunderland v wendies on 21:21 - May 6 with 1408 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 21:12 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

I feel dirty saying this but I’d like Wycombe to go up. Both Sunderland and Sheff Weds could be in big financial trouble if they don’t go up.

There’s certainly nothing to fear. Sunderland’s intensity has waned and SW are scuffling their way back into this.
Sunderland v wendies on 21:22 - May 6 with 1396 viewsjayessess

Sunderland v wendies on 21:12 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Don't think there's any indication that either is going to be in immediate financial distress.

The thing with teams like Plymouth, Wycombe, MK Dons, Oxford is that you've got to get all your decisions right during the Summer to stay competitive at the top of L1, they've very little margin for error and they're constantly having to replace key players with no budget. That's how Lincoln, Fleetwood, Doncaster fell off over the past few years.

Conversely, with a Sunderland, Sheff Wed (or us, really), you usually get to keep your key players, chuck money at new ones. A tonne of stuff has to actually go wrong for you to be out of it.

Sunderland v wendies on 21:26 - May 6 with 1383 viewsChrisd

A 44k crowd, an EFL record for a play off semi final and it’s a L1 tie! Very impressive.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sunderland v wendies on 21:35 - May 6 with 1336 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland v wendies on 21:22 - May 6 by jayessess

Don't think there's any indication that either is going to be in immediate financial distress.

The thing with teams like Plymouth, Wycombe, MK Dons, Oxford is that you've got to get all your decisions right during the Summer to stay competitive at the top of L1, they've very little margin for error and they're constantly having to replace key players with no budget. That's how Lincoln, Fleetwood, Doncaster fell off over the past few years.

Conversely, with a Sunderland, Sheff Wed (or us, really), you usually get to keep your key players, chuck money at new ones. A tonne of stuff has to actually go wrong for you to be out of it.

Bit in the Athletic today saying Wednesday from their latest accounts managed to lose 500k a week. Even if that’s covid-affected or just crazy football finances that’s an impossible figure for any club, especially in League 1.

Sunderland have unresolved ownership issues.

A curse on both their houses!

62 - 78 - 81

Sunderland v wendies on 21:42 - May 6 with 1291 viewsjayessess

Sunderland v wendies on 21:35 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Bit in the Athletic today saying Wednesday from their latest accounts managed to lose 500k a week. Even if that’s covid-affected or just crazy football finances that’s an impossible figure for any club, especially in League 1.

Sunderland have unresolved ownership issues.

A curse on both their houses!

I'm sure they're both losing a pile of money, so are we! Doesn't mean they're in imminent danger of keeling over.

Thing is, even if Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday kept religiously to a 70% salary cap, they're still going to be be able to blow away 90% of the teams in this league financially, and therefore always likelier to be a threat to us.

Sunderland v wendies on 21:43 - May 6 with 1291 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 21:26 - May 6 by Chrisd

A 44k crowd, an EFL record for a play off semi final and it’s a L1 tie! Very impressive.

They’re a Premier League club stuck in a dross league. They deserved the win. Wednesday were dreadful. Sunderland had a good spell second half but boy is L1 a pitiful division.
Sunderland v wendies on 21:47 - May 6 with 1251 viewsFtnfwest

Sunderland v wendies on 21:26 - May 6 by Chrisd

Certainly is although there’s basically 15,000 plastics there (would have been the same crowd if they’d been playing us as well). If we’d got them at home in the playoffs it would have been 29,000, the same as our league gate against them.
Sunderland v wendies on 21:48 - May 6 with 1249 viewsChrisd

Sunderland v wendies on 21:43 - May 6 by Churchman

They’re a Premier League club stuck in a dross league. They deserved the win. Wednesday were dreadful. Sunderland had a good spell second half but boy is L1 a pitiful division.

When we keep referring to L1 as pitiful, let’s not forget we’ve finished 11th, 9th and 11th. Doesn’t really say much about us sadly.

Sunderland v wendies on 21:50 - May 6 with 1234 viewsChrisd

Sunderland v wendies on 21:47 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

Certainly is although there’s basically 15,000 plastics there (would have been the same crowd if they’d been playing us as well). If we’d got them at home in the playoffs it would have been 29,000, the same as our league gate against them.

I wonder what the aggregate attendance record is? I’m sure the return leg will be sold out as well, what 36k at Hillsborough?

Sunderland v wendies on 22:08 - May 6 with 1184 viewsFtnfwest

Sunderland v wendies on 21:50 - May 6 by Chrisd

I wonder what the aggregate attendance record is? I’m sure the return leg will be sold out as well, what 36k at Hillsborough?

I think this was mentioned the other day and sure it’s in the 70,000s so yes should be a record
Sunderland v wendies on 22:25 - May 6 with 1146 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland v wendies on 21:42 - May 6 by jayessess

I'm sure they're both losing a pile of money, so are we! Doesn't mean they're in imminent danger of keeling over.

Thing is, even if Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday kept religiously to a 70% salary cap, they're still going to be be able to blow away 90% of the teams in this league financially, and therefore always likelier to be a threat to us.

A couple years back I’m sure Derby thought they weren’t in danger either!

62 - 78 - 81

Sunderland v wendies on 22:40 - May 6 with 1075 viewsITFC_Forever

Sunderland v wendies on 21:48 - May 6 by Chrisd

When we keep referring to L1 as pitiful, let’s not forget we’ve finished 11th, 9th and 11th. Doesn’t really say much about us sadly.

That’s the bad truth about us.

L1 is a poor league, yet we can’t even make eye contact with the POs, never mind flirt with them.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sunderland v wendies on 03:17 - May 7 with 902 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunderland v wendies on 22:40 - May 6 by ITFC_Forever

That’s the bad truth about us.

L1 is a poor league, yet we can’t even make eye contact with the POs, never mind flirt with them.

Talking broadly about Sunderland’s decline, article in the Athletic today was somewhat dismissive of their attempts to get out of L1 and how they’ve “only” made the playoffs a few times (and also won the EFL trophy).

That we haven’t even got anywhere close to that level of failure is an absolute disgrace. The game need to change.

62 - 78 - 81

Sunderland v wendies on 09:14 - May 7 with 722 viewsChurchman

Sunderland v wendies on 03:17 - May 7 by Illinoisblue

Talking broadly about Sunderland’s decline, article in the Athletic today was somewhat dismissive of their attempts to get out of L1 and how they’ve “only” made the playoffs a few times (and also won the EFL trophy).

That we haven’t even got anywhere close to that level of failure is an absolute disgrace. The game need to change.

Indeed we haven’t and yes, it’s a disgrace.

In the land of conjecture I would argue with no real evidence that the trajectory of decline under Evans 14 years meant that this season we might well have been in a relegation battle with possible relegation next season.

The club is changing and looks from the outside far more ‘professional’ and happier than it’s looked in years. I am confident (hoping) that this turns into results on the field.

This really is a dross division. Look how easy it was for Wigan in a season to move from relegation threatened to promoted with ease in a year. The fact that such a mess of it was made last summer shouldn’t stop us progressing next season. The club is more settled, the manager has had half a season, support is good, there are no excuses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024