Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastobury taken over 11:16 - Jun 27 with 1695 viewseastangliaisblue

by Travellers. I mean how else could you explain all the litter everywhere?

Glastobury taken over on 11:19 - Jun 27 with 1653 viewsglasso

Absolutely mindblowing to think that 100,000 pissed people would leave rubbish behind.

Why does this come up every time Glasto happens? Such a weird flex. There's rubbish everywhere after a football match, too.
Glastobury taken over on 11:23 - Jun 27 with 1617 viewshomer_123

Glastobury taken over on 11:19 - Jun 27 by glasso

Absolutely mindblowing to think that 100,000 pissed people would leave rubbish behind.

Why does this come up every time Glasto happens? Such a weird flex. There's rubbish everywhere after a football match, too.

There's rubbish everywhere after a football match.

Not if you are Japanese....

As is always the case, you can choose what to do - no reason you can't take your rubbish with you after Glasto.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Glastobury taken over on 11:23 - Jun 27 with 1615 viewsBLUEGOLD

There’s a massive team of litter pickers and a recycling centre on site too.

Not really sure what the OPs point is
Glastobury taken over on 11:23 - Jun 27 with 1613 viewseastangliaisblue

You obviously missed the thread the other night, and the odd one or two on the same subject the last year or so.
Glastobury taken over on 11:27 - Jun 27 with 1543 viewsglasso

Glastobury taken over on 11:23 - Jun 27 by homer_123

There's rubbish everywhere after a football match.

Not if you are Japanese....

As is always the case, you can choose what to do - no reason you can't take your rubbish with you after Glasto.

Yeah the Scots love a good tidy-up after a game as well. Maybe they need to build in a Scotland v Japan friendly at the Pyramid Stage on Monday morning?
Glastobury taken over on 11:52 - Jun 27 with 1421 viewsWhos_blue

Glastobury taken over on 11:23 - Jun 27 by BLUEGOLD

There’s a massive team of litter pickers and a recycling centre on site too.

Not really sure what the OPs point is

I wasn't either.
Given the OPs avatar, I can't imagine it would be to perpetuate the stereotype about travellers being messy.
As mentioned, there is an army of people tasked with litter picking. Ultimately the land needs to get back to its initial use, though I understand the cows don't go back until late August.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:54]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Glastobury taken over on 12:08 - Jun 27 with 1368 viewseastangliaisblue

Glastobury taken over on 11:52 - Jun 27 by Whos_blue

I wasn't either.
Given the OPs avatar, I can't imagine it would be to perpetuate the stereotype about travellers being messy.
As mentioned, there is an army of people tasked with litter picking. Ultimately the land needs to get back to its initial use, though I understand the cows don't go back until late August.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 11:54]

My point being that there has been a fair few threads on here with open bigotry and prejudice about travellers with the usual lines trotted out like leaving a mess everywhere they go. Yet at festivals like Glastonbury there is litter left everywhere. It's almost as if a cross section of every community/group has people that choose to litter but it's only ever picked up on if it's travellers.

Using the excuse that the festival employs litter pickers so it's almost justified to leave your rubbish is a poor one. If thats the case then it could be the same justification that councils employ litter pickers so lets just throw rubbish everywhere.
Glastobury taken over on 12:37 - Jun 27 with 1271 viewsSkip_Intro

Glastobury taken over on 12:08 - Jun 27 by eastangliaisblue

My point being that there has been a fair few threads on here with open bigotry and prejudice about travellers with the usual lines trotted out like leaving a mess everywhere they go. Yet at festivals like Glastonbury there is litter left everywhere. It's almost as if a cross section of every community/group has people that choose to litter but it's only ever picked up on if it's travellers.

Using the excuse that the festival employs litter pickers so it's almost justified to leave your rubbish is a poor one. If thats the case then it could be the same justification that councils employ litter pickers so lets just throw rubbish everywhere.

Glastonbury is a ticketed event in a specific location and the clean up will be factored into ticket costs - unlike fly tipping or littering in a public place.
Must admit I do find it hilarious that so many people who wet themselves when Greta Thunberg took the stage are probably the same ones who left such huge amounts of rubbish behind...do as I say not as I do?
Login to get fewer ads

Glastobury taken over on 12:41 - Jun 27 with 1254 viewsBLUEGOLD

When there are 100,000 people in a field, many of whom will have taken a drink & with no real chance of moving to find litter bins, of which there are many, you have to expect a fair amount of litter will be left.

Regrettable, but to be expected.

I tend to crush my cans and pop them back in my bag to drop off in a bin on my way out, but I’m 55, not 18.

When I go wild camping in my van, I take my litter with me always, as should everyone & it’s much easier to do that though.
Glastobury taken over on 13:03 - Jun 27 with 1150 viewsdominiciawful

Festival-goers leaving their waste on the floor is not acceptable.

Travellers leaving their waste on the floor is not acceptable.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Glastobury taken over on 13:04 - Jun 27 with 1138 viewsWhos_blue

Fair enough. I'm not sure your point came over so well in the OP, hence my mention of your avatar, which many may not recognise.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Glastobury taken over on 13:04 - Jun 27 with 1134 viewseastangliaisblue

Glastobury taken over on 13:03 - Jun 27 by dominiciawful

Festival-goers leaving their waste on the floor is not acceptable.

Travellers leaving their waste on the floor is not acceptable.

Couldn't agree more.
Glastobury taken over on 13:09 - Jun 27 with 1097 viewseastangliaisblue

Glastobury taken over on 13:04 - Jun 27 by Whos_blue

Fair enough. I'm not sure your point came over so well in the OP, hence my mention of your avatar, which many may not recognise.

Fair enough. I was just being sarcastic.
Glastobury taken over on 13:16 - Jun 27 with 1062 viewsDubtractor

Glastobury taken over on 13:09 - Jun 27 by eastangliaisblue

Fair enough. I was just being sarcastic.

I got the point, and thought it quite an amusing barb tbf.

Fwiw I find the amount of crap left at Glastonbury depressing, albeit this story and pics come up every year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Glastobury taken over on 13:20 - Jun 27 with 1035 viewsjeera

Glastobury taken over on 13:16 - Jun 27 by Dubtractor

I got the point, and thought it quite an amusing barb tbf.

Fwiw I find the amount of crap left at Glastonbury depressing, albeit this story and pics come up every year.

How hard can it be to take a few bags along?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Glastobury taken over on 13:21 - Jun 27 with 1033 viewsleitrimblue

No, not since the mid 90,s unfortunately
Glastobury taken over on 18:40 - Jun 27 with 770 viewsFreddies_Ears

Glastobury taken over on 13:20 - Jun 27 by jeera

How hard can it be to take a few bags along?

FolkEast also has litter pickers. They don't have a lot to do though...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024