Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier league cancellations at the weekend 21:13 - Sep 12 with 893 viewsDubtractor

Just noticed that the following are off:

Brighton v Palace
Man U v Leeds
Chelsea v Liverpool

But the rest are still on, including a couple in London.

Is that basically a judgement that the fans at the postponed games can't be trusted?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 862 viewsJakeITFC

Brighton v Palace was originally off due to the train strike, but I assume that's a policing issue now (as the others are).
Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:17 - Sep 12 with 859 viewsMattinLondon

Top two are local derbies so the threat of trouble is much higher than at other fixtures. Maybe need more police at a time when some non-met officers would be needed in London?
Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:20 - Sep 12 with 841 viewsSitfcB

Apparently 900 or so police would be on duty for Man Utd v Leeds!

Also saw that Sky don’t have the trucks/equipment needed to broadcast due to it being needed in London.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 21:20]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:23 - Sep 12 with 814 viewsZx1988

I do wonder if that's the case with Chelsea v Liverpool.

Unless anyone knows different, I'd never have identified it as a risk fixture requiring additional policing.

I don't, personally, think there's any coincidence in Liverpool not being given the chance to play during the period within which silences will be observed.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:25 - Sep 12 with 795 viewsSitfcB

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:23 - Sep 12 by Zx1988

Unless anyone knows different, I'd never have identified it as a risk fixture requiring additional policing.

I don't, personally, think there's any coincidence in Liverpool not being given the chance to play during the period within which silences will be observed.

They’re playing tomorrow….

COYB

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:26 - Sep 12 with 792 viewsZx1988

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:25 - Sep 12 by SitfcB

They’re playing tomorrow….

Cheers, didn't realise that.

Will UEFA competitions be observing the same formalities?

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:26 - Sep 12 with 797 viewsWD19

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:23 - Sep 12 by Zx1988

Doesn’t explain why Liverpool have barely played at all this season so far though.

B’dum Tish.
Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:30 - Sep 12 with 764 viewsSitfcB

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:26 - Sep 12 by Zx1988

Cheers, didn't realise that.

Will UEFA competitions be observing the same formalities?

Yep.

(Note replies turned off)

Jordan forgot to turn replies off..

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:46 - Sep 12 with 701 viewsZx1988

Premier league cancellations at the weekend on 21:30 - Sep 12 by SitfcB

Yep.

(Note replies turned off)

Jordan forgot to turn replies off..

I'll be very interested to see how it all pans out. LFC clearly understand their fanbase if they've turned off replies (as demonstrated by the response to Henderson's tweet), but I imagine there could be a difference between mouthing off online and mouthing off in a full stadium.

That said, they made their point of view pretty clear at this year's FA Cup final...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024