Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Hughes gone 19:11 - Jan 1 with 1979 viewsMullet

Released to find a new club?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 1810 viewsKieran_Knows

That’s a real shame. I know a few senior players went to senior management (Ashton & Probert) in the summer and questioned why he was only offered a 6 month contract.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 1742 viewsMullet

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:24 - Jan 1 by Kieran_Knows

That’s a real shame. I know a few senior players went to senior management (Ashton & Probert) in the summer and questioned why he was only offered a 6 month contract.

Presumably injuries that saw him not kick on? I think we've already seen from Dobra downwards, that youths are going to be shipped off unless they are Humphreys' level

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:29 - Jan 1 with 1736 viewsDublinBlue84

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:24 - Jan 1 by Kieran_Knows

He's 23 this year and nowhere near the first team.

Without doubt a move to Kings Lynn is best for him.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 1687 viewsKieran_Knows

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:29 - Jan 1 by DublinBlue84

He's 23 this year and nowhere near the first team.

Without doubt a move to Kings Lynn is best for him.

It was his injuries which hampered his career here. But when he was fit and training with the first team in the summer, the senior pro’s were really impressed with him and questioned that contract.

It’s a shame, but hopefully an injury free period at Kings Lynn will help kick start him again.

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 1678 viewsKieran_Knows

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:29 - Jan 1 by Mullet

Presumably injuries that saw him not kick on? I think we've already seen from Dobra downwards, that youths are going to be shipped off unless they are Humphreys' level

Absolutely. If it wasn’t for his injuries I’m certain he’d have been in and around the first team for a decent period of time.

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:06 - Jan 1 with 1455 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:32 - Jan 1 by Kieran_Knows

It was his injuries which hampered his career here. But when he was fit and training with the first team in the summer, the senior pro’s were really impressed with him and questioned that contract.

It’s a shame, but hopefully an injury free period at Kings Lynn will help kick start him again.

That six months will have given KM JMcG and others to have a proper look at him.
If KM feels there’s not enough there, that’s good enough for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 1429 viewsPhilTWTD

Tommy Hughes gone on 19:33 - Jan 1 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely. If it wasn’t for his injuries I’m certain he’d have been in and around the first team for a decent period of time.

Surprised he's ended up as low as King's Lynn, I think a few clubs higher up were keen on him. Torquay loan not going to plan didn't help him. Actually wondered whether Paul Cook might take him to Chesterfield. Like Dobra, one to keep an eye on.
Tommy Hughes gone on 20:11 - Jan 1 with 1407 viewsKieran_Knows

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:10 - Jan 1 by PhilTWTD

Surprised he's ended up as low as King's Lynn, I think a few clubs higher up were keen on him. Torquay loan not going to plan didn't help him. Actually wondered whether Paul Cook might take him to Chesterfield. Like Dobra, one to keep an eye on.

Same. Blackburn, Swansea and one other club had been watching/in contact with him at the end of last season.

As I say, hopefully it’s a move which works out for him and he can work his way back up.

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 1322 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:10 - Jan 1 by PhilTWTD

Any idea what kind of contract he is on at Kings Lynn Phil. A rolling monthly contract or a pay as you play deal could get him back up the leagues a bit quicker.

In any case, I guess this gets him regular first team football and a better chance to restart injury free.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tommy Hughes gone on 21:05 - Jan 1 with 1208 viewsPhilTWTD

Tommy Hughes gone on 20:32 - Jan 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Any idea what kind of contract he is on at Kings Lynn Phil. A rolling monthly contract or a pay as you play deal could get him back up the leagues a bit quicker.

In any case, I guess this gets him regular first team football and a better chance to restart injury free.

Assume to the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024