Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers, midfielders , wingers 18:26 - Jan 5 with 1237 viewsArnieM

But not a defender in sight. How to get it totally wrong in z pivotal January window .

We
Can’t
Defend !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 1184 viewsSheffordBlue

We've struggled with set piece defending but we've conceded the fewest goals from open play in the League. There are clearly things we can do to improve the set piece defending but is doesn't necessarily involve new personnel

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:31 - Jan 5 with 1144 viewshomer_123

Well, that is simply not true is it?

As I posted, in detail, the way in which we approach and play the game is right and correct. We pick defenders (and all players) on their ability to pass and create.

Our style is to play out from the back, so, for example we pick full backs that are attack minded and get forward. We look to defend from the front.

Simply adding a defender won't change this approach, nor should it as we get so much right. What is obvious is that we need to convert more of the guilt edge chances we create. Take Lincoln - Evans, Leigh, Ladapo and Woolf all should have scored - had we converted just 1 of those - we win.

If KM tweaks our approach to be more defensive, then we lose what sets us apart from most others in this division and we'll end up to being the attaching threat we are. Couple that with a slightly poor conversion rate is a recipe for mid-table obscurity...again.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:35 - Jan 5 with 1098 viewspositivity

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:31 - Jan 5 by homer_123

As I posted, in detail, the way in which we approach and play the game is right and correct. We pick defenders (and all players) on their ability to pass and create.

Our style is to play out from the back, so, for example we pick full backs that are attack minded and get forward. We look to defend from the front.

Simply adding a defender won't change this approach, nor should it as we get so much right. What is obvious is that we need to convert more of the guilt edge chances we create. Take Lincoln - Evans, Leigh, Ladapo and Woolf all should have scored - had we converted just 1 of those - we win.

If KM tweaks our approach to be more defensive, then we lose what sets us apart from most others in this division and we'll end up to being the attaching threat we are. Couple that with a slightly poor conversion rate is a recipe for mid-table obscurity...again.

agree with all that, but the resurgence of burgess suggests km is tweaking it a bit.

our results are better with burgess in the team (though it's not just a case of being a no-nonsense defender as his distribution has improved vastly)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 1076 viewsOwainG1992

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:35 - Jan 5 by positivity

agree with all that, but the resurgence of burgess suggests km is tweaking it a bit.

our results are better with burgess in the team (though it's not just a case of being a no-nonsense defender as his distribution has improved vastly)

As far as the set pieces go.
I feel we'd be much stronger with Edmunson than JD at the back.
JD offers better footballing skills with the style we play.
So it is a tricky one for McKenna.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 1061 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, now we know why Lagos doesn't get involved in football chat.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:40 - Jan 5 with 1060 viewsStewart27

It’s our set up and not our personnel.

We could defend set pieces until the cows came home if we had a back four with Keogh and Burgess as CBs.

Not sure how that would suit our slick passing from the back though.
Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:42 - Jan 5 with 1040 viewsPlums

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:38 - Jan 5 by OwainG1992

As far as the set pieces go.
I feel we'd be much stronger with Edmunson than JD at the back.
JD offers better footballing skills with the style we play.
So it is a tricky one for McKenna.

The logical answer to that conundrum is a striker who is good in the air and who comes back to help defend set pieces. As we never leave anyone up when defending corners etc (one of my pet hates but I guess the data shows it's the thing to do), it's a relatively simple one to fix.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:44 - Jan 5 with 1009 viewspositivity

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:42 - Jan 5 by Plums

The logical answer to that conundrum is a striker who is good in the air and who comes back to help defend set pieces. As we never leave anyone up when defending corners etc (one of my pet hates but I guess the data shows it's the thing to do), it's a relatively simple one to fix.

the glorious return of oli hawkins!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 980 viewsghostofescobar

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 18:31 - Jan 5 by homer_123

Correct. Our defensive frailties (such as they are) have nothing to do with getting another centre half in. We play with attacking wing backs, not a back four, and that can leave us vulnerable to deep balls (fnarr!) at the back post. To better defend against that, you either play a traditional back four (not KM way), or don't give the ball away in areas from where the crosses are made from.

GhostOfEscobar

Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 21:40 - Jan 5 with 756 viewsbraveblue

Top three all season and can’t defend!!
Strikers, midfielders , wingers on 21:44 - Jan 5 with 730 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thank you for your job application. We have decided not to interview you but would recommend you apply for the Portsmouth role where a negative defensive approach has been generally appreciated.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024