Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broadhead and Hirst 17:08 - Feb 4 with 2404 viewsGeoffSentence

Brought in to increase our goal threat.

I think it would be fair to say, they haven't had an immediate impact.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:09 - Feb 4 with 2356 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm still waiting to see why we chased Hirst all summer.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:09 - Feb 4 with 2352 viewsJ2BLUE

Hirst has been poor so far IMO. I have yet to see him have a good game. Not writing him off by any means but he needs to improve and fast. He's no danger to Ladapo's starting place right now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:10 - Feb 4 with 2344 viewsDavoIPB

Did last match but against a team that couldn't defend. Cambridge were better at defending.
Broadhead and Hirst on 17:11 - Feb 4 with 2310 viewsDJR

As I said on another post today, we didn't seem set up to play to Broadhead's strengths, which I am not sure is his fault.

But I agree that Hirst doesn't look the business.
Broadhead and Hirst on 17:14 - Feb 4 with 2230 viewsAYACCA

Signings that weren't needed. We needed an experienced finisher and solid centre half
Broadhead and Hirst on 17:15 - Feb 4 with 2220 viewsLankHenners

Have to be honest (and not trying to be clever with hindsight or reactionary after a few games) I wasn't so convinced by the Hirst signing. I trusted McKenna to have picked out a good player but I couldn't quite get comfortable with someone who's hardly played this season and who took half a season last term to get going and already he has the look of someone who's not quite there yet, which would be ok if we weren't in a bit of a 'need to win several games now before they run out' situation.

Think Broadhead's looked lively, should have scored today though.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:17 - Feb 4 with 2151 viewsMullet

I like what I've seen of Broadhead here and prior, but he needs space to fire off shots and crosses, alongside people following them up. Giving him the ball back to goal with 5 men swamping him is like giving Delia microphone at half time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:18 - Feb 4 with 2107 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hard to make a judgement after just a handful of games, but judging by the chances missed again today, I have to say I'm disappointed that we still have the same old problems up front.

All I would say is that their imminent and actual arrival seems to have pushed Freddie on.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:22 - Feb 4 with 2014 viewstractordownsouth

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:09 - Feb 4 by J2BLUE

Hirst has been poor so far IMO. I have yet to see him have a good game. Not writing him off by any means but he needs to improve and fast. He's no danger to Ladapo's starting place right now.

I thought he played well at Oxford. Besides that he's been poor though.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:23 - Feb 4 with 1995 viewsTalkingBlues

Broadhead is being played in a position that doesn't suit him and it's showing, just looks like a player wanting to burst onto the scene, but being held back from his true potential, I think he should be playing up top, not behind. Hirst, I had no idea why McKenna wanted him so badly, but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, he still hasn't featured enough to show us anything, but there are glimpses, I love his runs to the near post, we don't have anybody else that does that, but he needs a couple of games to get minutes and sharpen up and he's not a hold-up player, he wants to get in behind, but McK is asking him to play a style that doesn't suit him, manager has this wrong on both counts IMO, there's players there, but he's not getting the best out of them.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Broadhead and Hirst on 18:44 - Feb 4 with 1690 viewsWickets

Broadhead and Hirst on 17:14 - Feb 4 by AYACCA

Signings that weren't needed. We needed an experienced finisher and solid centre half

Centre back I agree but Ladapo has 14 goals so on target for 20 ish !
Broadhead and Hirst on 18:50 - Feb 4 with 1618 viewsWickets

I think we need to give Broadhead time as he has only had a couple of games bit early to heap pressure on him as we are not playing g well as a team consistently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024