Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
defending for Sunderland's goal though 10:48 - Aug 7 with 1197 viewsblueasfook

Woeful. Whole defence stood like statues while the sunderland player was able to slot home unchallenged. Must work on that.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 10:53 - Aug 7 with 1138 viewsfarkenhell

Luongo didn't track the runner. I couldn't see that anyone else did anything particularly wrong?
defending for Sunderland's goal though on 10:56 - Aug 7 with 1131 viewsLankHenners

Thought is was a good goal to be fair. As has been mentioned on here probably not a coincidence that one of the very few occasions Donacien is beaten is not long after he's just been down with a whack to the head. Luongo could probably track his man better but it's good movement and if we'd have scored it we'd be praising it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 10:58 - Aug 7 with 1103 viewsHerbivore

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 10:53 - Aug 7 by farkenhell

Luongo didn't track the runner. I couldn't see that anyone else did anything particularly wrong?

Being super, super critical, Burgess as the covering defender in behind Woolf could have spotted that Luongo had lost his man and stepped out to close him down. Woolf is marking space at the near post and can't see the runner, Burgess should be scanning for danger as he wasn't marking anyone specific. That's being really picky though. From Sunderland's point of view it's a good goal, quality delivery/cut back, good run from Neil and a tidy first time finish. Just shows that very slight lapses at this level are more likely to be punished, though to be fair it often felt any lapse was punished for us in League 1 too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 1012 viewsBlueySwede

One or two mistakes happens each game (look at Sunderlands defending...), so not overly critical. In my opinion Donacien gets his positioning wrong in Sunderlands initial buildup, leaving space for Sunderland to get a cross in.
defending for Sunderland's goal though on 12:03 - Aug 7 with 935 viewsWhos_blue

Woeful a little harsh?
That suggests a general inherent ineptness over a sustained period. I didn't really see it like that.
Yes we could've done better in hindsight, but I saw a good finish from a good move.
It's all opinions I suppose.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 12:30 - Aug 7 with 904 viewsusm

Thought we defended pretty well throughout, albeit a bit edgy and panicky at times.
Their goal was decent - JD would have done better I am sure if it wasnt for his bang to the head a bit earlier.
Yes, plenty to work on but a really good start, imo.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 14:30 - Aug 7 with 772 viewsgainsboroughblue

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 10:58 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Being super, super critical, Burgess as the covering defender in behind Woolf could have spotted that Luongo had lost his man and stepped out to close him down. Woolf is marking space at the near post and can't see the runner, Burgess should be scanning for danger as he wasn't marking anyone specific. That's being really picky though. From Sunderland's point of view it's a good goal, quality delivery/cut back, good run from Neil and a tidy first time finish. Just shows that very slight lapses at this level are more likely to be punished, though to be fair it often felt any lapse was punished for us in League 1 too.

Up until that mad mad unbeaten run from Jan onwards, it felt like teams scored against us with their first/only attack.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 14:30]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 14:34 - Aug 7 with 741 viewsGlasgowBlue

You have to take it in the context that we were being battered for about 15 minutes and our defence didn’t get a chance of a breather during that period, due to the inability of those up front not being able to keep hold of the ball.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 14:49 - Aug 7 with 705 viewsHerbivore

defending for Sunderland's goal though on 14:30 - Aug 7 by gainsboroughblue

Up until that mad mad unbeaten run from Jan onwards, it felt like teams scored against us with their first/only attack.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 14:30]

Yep, we had about a 3 or 4 month spell where it seemed Walton didn't make a save, every shot on target against us seemed to fly in (occasionally with the aid of a wicked deflection).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024