Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England’s main tactic of booting it long 12:53 - Aug 20 with 1551 viewsIllinoisblue

Probably not going to get it done

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 12:57 - Aug 20 with 1525 viewsDanTheMan

It's a shame that it's probably going to come down to one really bad choice from Bronze. Don't know what she was thinking.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 1460 viewsredrickstuhaart

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 12:57 - Aug 20 by DanTheMan

It's a shame that it's probably going to come down to one really bad choice from Bronze. Don't know what she was thinking.

She's been pretty poor all tournament. Do we have an alternative RB?

Too late now.
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 1457 viewsBigCommon

Irony is that Bright was the one capable of picking a long pass from the back. But they lumped her up front.
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:07 - Aug 20 with 1407 viewspointofblue

This is where I’d want Roy Keane as a pundit. The praise of the England team on BBC One after that performance is ridiculous.

At least the Arsenal manager is being slightly more critical.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:09 - Aug 20 with 1375 viewsHerbivore

We massively lacked composure and quality on the ball for almost the entirety of that game, second half especially. They grafted but you need more than graft.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:14 - Aug 20 with 1345 viewsFtnfwest

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:09 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

We massively lacked composure and quality on the ball for almost the entirety of that game, second half especially. They grafted but you need more than graft.

Agree, team with the better coach won.
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:18 - Aug 20 with 1320 viewspointofblue

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:14 - Aug 20 by Ftnfwest

Not sure. Think the loss of Williamson, Kirby and Mead plus Walsh’s injury - don’t think she was 100% after the Denmark game - was too much to overcome. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but reckon Toone should have gone off at half time with Daly moved up front. All in all, Wiegman is a phenomenal coach.

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:22 - Aug 20 with 1312 viewsRyorry

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:14 - Aug 20 by Ftnfwest

Hate to say it as I'm a Wiegman fan, she's a magnificent coach, but I think she wasn't on her usual form today. I reckon had KM been in charge he'd have spotted the problems & made successful changes accordingly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:38 - Aug 20 with 1249 viewsnorfsufblue

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:22 - Aug 20 by Ryorry

Hate to say it as I'm a Wiegman fan, she's a magnificent coach, but I think she wasn't on her usual form today. I reckon had KM been in charge he'd have spotted the problems & made successful changes accordingly.

Why would you take your main striker off when you need at least one goal? Unless of course she was injured, it seemed to me that a bit more help in terms of numbers up top might have created the odd opportunity
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:41 - Aug 20 with 1238 viewspointofblue

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:38 - Aug 20 by norfsufblue

Why would you take your main striker off when you need at least one goal? Unless of course she was injured, it seemed to me that a bit more help in terms of numbers up top might have created the odd opportunity

As said above, I don’t get her inclination against playing Daly up front either. She was top scorer in the Women’s Super League.

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 14:04 - Aug 20 with 1205 viewsredrickstuhaart

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:41 - Aug 20 by pointofblue

As said above, I don’t get her inclination against playing Daly up front either. She was top scorer in the Women’s Super League.

I think it comes from her being also the best left back. And having other options up front who are hard to leave out.
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 14:22 - Aug 20 with 1150 viewsJrm_72

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 13:07 - Aug 20 by pointofblue

This is where I’d want Roy Keane as a pundit. The praise of the England team on BBC One after that performance is ridiculous.

At least the Arsenal manager is being slightly more critical.

I was talking about this earlier, actually find it quite refreshing that in the womens game the commentators are less critical and cover for cockups. Bit like wrestling commentators covering for mistakes in the ring, being team players etc.

Made me think what is actually achieved by commentators being overly critical? Havent got a firm opinion but made me wonder.

Roy Keane can get in the bin though
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 14:24 - Aug 20 with 1144 viewsredrickstuhaart

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 14:22 - Aug 20 by Jrm_72

I was talking about this earlier, actually find it quite refreshing that in the womens game the commentators are less critical and cover for cockups. Bit like wrestling commentators covering for mistakes in the ring, being team players etc.

Made me think what is actually achieved by commentators being overly critical? Havent got a firm opinion but made me wonder.

Roy Keane can get in the bin though

Wrestling commentators covering mistakes? Do you mean they play along when something happens making the choreography and artificiality painfully obvious?
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:14 - Aug 20 with 1068 viewsJrm_72

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 14:24 - Aug 20 by redrickstuhaart

Wrestling commentators covering mistakes? Do you mean they play along when something happens making the choreography and artificiality painfully obvious?

I wont get into the in's and out's of it as its the wrong forum, but where someone has tried to do something and its not worked (they were supposed to catch them in midair and do a move, but dropped them), the commentators won't say "oh what an idiot, cocked up there", they will either move on or say "didnt get all of that" etc etc. Given commentators are in on the act as it were
England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:34 - Aug 20 with 1032 viewsRadlett_blue

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:14 - Aug 20 by Jrm_72

I wont get into the in's and out's of it as its the wrong forum, but where someone has tried to do something and its not worked (they were supposed to catch them in midair and do a move, but dropped them), the commentators won't say "oh what an idiot, cocked up there", they will either move on or say "didnt get all of that" etc etc. Given commentators are in on the act as it were

I think the commentators are generally more forgiving when covering most women's sport, as they don't want to fall into the trap of unwittingly directly comparing it to men's sport. but Lucy Ward on ITV was excellent today, showing good tactical appreciation & also not afraid to all out players for choosing the wrong option etc.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:35 - Aug 20 with 1035 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m not qualified to speak of the lionesses. I watched only the final. They did look tactically lost when Spain had the ball and when we wanted to play from the back there only answer was to hit it over the press. They looked quite dangerous on the counter. Fine details but they looked a bit like 80s/90s England men’s compared with 00’s Spain mens.

England’s talent is greater than what was offered in this game is my assumption.

Spain looked good though.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:50 - Aug 20 with 1015 viewsredrickstuhaart

England’s main tactic of booting it long on 15:14 - Aug 20 by Jrm_72

Thats because they are pretending its real. Its totally different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024