Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better 16:10 - Jan 5 with 1808 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Let’s be clear… Lewis Travis is here to start. One of the best midfielders in the Championship and it’s hardly surprising Blackburn haven’t done as well without him in the team. It’s much like the last window when we brought in the big guns to secure promotion. Sarmiento is also a fantastic recruit and what a pair to kick 2024 off with!

The real question is, who’s the forward taking on the Hirst/Ladapo role?
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:21 - Jan 5 with 1685 viewsbillabasblue

If travis is one of the best midfielders in the league my question would be why can’t he get a place in a mid table side but is good enough for a top two side ?

I know very little of this player so can’t add an opinion based on anything I have seen only what I have questioned !
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 1614 viewshomer_123

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:21 - Jan 5 by billabasblue

If travis is one of the best midfielders in the league my question would be why can’t he get a place in a mid table side but is good enough for a top two side ?

I know very little of this player so can’t add an opinion based on anything I have seen only what I have questioned !

Blackburn currently operate one holding midfielder and the lad they got in from QPR(?) is preferred at the moment - though that seems a large debate amongst the fan base.

Travis is an excellent holding midfielder and on his day, is up there in that regard.
[Post edited 5 Jan 16:26]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 1609 viewsNedPlimpton

I don't even think Blackburn fans would be saying he's one of the best midfielders in the championship!
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 1591 viewshomer_123

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:26 - Jan 5 by NedPlimpton

I don't even think Blackburn fans would be saying he's one of the best midfielders in the championship!

On his day, as a holding midfielder - he's up there but not one of the best.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:29 - Jan 5 with 1566 viewscressi

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:21 - Jan 5 by billabasblue

I wouldn't go as far as that he obviously is a leader but if as good as you say clubs would be offering millions what I would say we have looked tired recently and McKenna will have more flexibility to give players a rest as in my view Ball is a big drop off to Morsey and Llungo.
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:35 - Jan 5 with 1498 viewstonybied

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:29 - Jan 5 by cressi

I wouldn't go as far as that he obviously is a leader but if as good as you say clubs would be offering millions what I would say we have looked tired recently and McKenna will have more flexibility to give players a rest as in my view Ball is a big drop off to Morsey and Llungo.

Just like clubs were offering millions for Morsy when we got him you mean? Perhaps we should just wait and see how good the lad is rather than making our minds up before he's kicked a ball.
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 1486 viewstractorboy1978

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:27 - Jan 5 by homer_123

On his day, as a holding midfielder - he's up there but not one of the best.

He had the 2nd most successful tackles in the Championship last season. So we know what we are getting!

[Post edited 5 Jan 16:37]
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 1191 viewsSWBlue22

Would both Travis and Sarmiento be available for the play offs if that’s where we finish ?
Login to get fewer ads

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 17:19 - Jan 5 with 1177 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 16:36 - Jan 5 by tractorboy1978

He had the 2nd most successful tackles in the Championship last season. So we know what we are getting!

[Post edited 5 Jan 16:37]

He’s a great player and one of the best signings we could have made, I don’t understand why people are saying he’s not all that, he very much is. Under Mogga he was utilised amazingly well too. He’s going to be exactly what we need and has longevity if we sign him. Blackburn obviously knows his value and they won’t be selling for the peanuts others were offering but should we get promoted I expect we’ll stump up for him providing he delivers.
Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 17:27 - Jan 5 with 1130 viewspointofblue

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 17:19 - Jan 5 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s a great player and one of the best signings we could have made, I don’t understand why people are saying he’s not all that, he very much is. Under Mogga he was utilised amazingly well too. He’s going to be exactly what we need and has longevity if we sign him. Blackburn obviously knows his value and they won’t be selling for the peanuts others were offering but should we get promoted I expect we’ll stump up for him providing he delivers.

I'm glad he signed before Mowbray potentially joined Birmingham. Otherwise there may have been the lure of joining his old manager.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Travis and Sarmiento - Our midfield just got even better on 18:29 - Jan 5 with 888 viewsBLUEBEAT

I have 2 acquaintances who support Blackburn. They don’t know each other, but both cannot stand this player, despite him being their captain. Massive ego, apparently.

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024