Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again 17:48 - Jan 7 with 9788 viewswarkthisway

Didn't bring Douglas on in case he was booed? And you get paid £2M a year for that?
Pitman, Knudsen, Bru, Sears, Gerken all awful, but its the fans fault.--no plan A let alone plan B-- for gods sake go man.

bentnkuqi

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 5492 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If he'd have brought Douglas on, the fans would've booed him AGAIN.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:49 - Jan 7 with 5460 viewschristiand

Simple fact is if you don't like it MM you know where the door is, but let's not forget you've created this monster!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:50 - Jan 7 with 5382 viewsRaedwald_625

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:48 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

so MM is using players according to the wishes of the crowd???
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:52 - Jan 7 with 5320 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:50 - Jan 7 by Raedwald_625

so MM is using players according to the wishes of the crowd???

But if he'd have brought him on, the crowd would boo Douglas again.

Our own fans.

Doesn't it say more that mick feels he has to protect Douglas from abuse than bring him on?

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:52 - Jan 7 with 5303 viewsbluelady

He can't win, today's game cried out for Douglas but if he has started gin the fans would have gone mental! No I am not a Mick in and I dont like Douglas but we cried out for a holding playing to dictate play today... Mick is berated for not listening to fans now berated for listening !
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:52 - Jan 7 with 5270 viewsbournemouthblue

Although Douglas was required for a game like today with Skuse out

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:53 - Jan 7 with 5245 viewsStokieBlue

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:52 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

Our own fans.

Doesn't it say more that mick feels he has to protect Douglas from abuse than bring him on?

But conversely, MM created the whole problem by continually selecting Douglas even though everyone (well most) think he's well past it and offers little to nothing.

So MM created that problem, not the fans.

Time to stop excusing MM.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:53 - Jan 7 with 5240 viewstiptreeblue

i understand what he is saying, but he must have known that before the start, so why put him on the bench?
Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:54 - Jan 7 with 5221 viewsRaedwald_625

Our own fans.

look like we've come to the end of the line
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:54 - Jan 7 with 5199 viewsdalianwasexciting

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:52 - Jan 7 by bluelady

He can't win, today's game cried out for Douglas but if he has started gin the fans would have gone mental! No I am not a Mick in and I dont like Douglas but we cried out for a holding playing to dictate play today... Mick is berated for not listening to fans now berated for listening !

I have written in another thread on the subject, whilst Douglass is never going to be popular it's the picking of Skuse and he sends out a negative vibe through the team and terraces. It should either be one if the other

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:54 - Jan 7 with 5176 viewsStokieBlue

Douglas isn't really a holding player though.

He's a box-to-box midfielder/attacking midfielder who unfortunately no longer has the legs.

SB

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:55 - Jan 7 with 5131 viewsbluelady

Our own fans.

Sorry didn't mean to mark down I agree with you, I am not happy with Mick ATM but he really can't win at times.. if he had started Douglas win loose or draw he would have been berated starting favourite Dougie. We needed him today though...
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:56 - Jan 7 with 5089 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:53 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

But conversely, MM created the whole problem by continually selecting Douglas even though everyone (well most) think he's well past it and offers little to nothing.

SB

Douglas is sh1t I agree. Terrible. Legs have gone.

But in this instance, we needed a strong midfielder in there to put a tackle in. Skuse was injured which left us Douglas. Unfortunately that's all we have.

Mick knew if he brought him on, it would've only fuelled the fire

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:56 - Jan 7 with 5082 viewsRichOBlue

Does this mean he'll never play dougie again? Fingers crossed

Poll: What formation suits us best?

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:56 - Jan 7 with 5068 viewsdalianwasexciting

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:54 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

Douglas isn't really a holding player though.

He's a box-to-box midfielder/attacking midfielder who unfortunately no longer has the legs.

SB

But he is an experienced head

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:57 - Jan 7 with 5043 viewswarkthisway

No MM is paranoid - the fans were booing the negative tactic at QPR - not the player!

bentnkuqi

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:58 - Jan 7 with 5008 viewsbluelady

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:54 - Jan 7 by dalianwasexciting

I have written in another thread on the subject, whilst Douglass is never going to be popular it's the picking of Skuse and he sends out a negative vibe through the team and terraces. It should either be one if the other

Or let Douglas play the role he did for Brentford which was very much attacking? Asva himdig player Douglas is a poor mans skuse and playing both is just negative.
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 4962 viewschristiand

Blue lady I completely agree, then at least Douglas would've had the opportunity to shut a few of us up with a decent performance and that includes me. The man is a 35 year old professional who has played 500+ games, if he had made a few tackles today and a few forward passes the crowd would've got behind him. If MM was protecting him, why have on the bench? Once again, MM has caused this issue he shouldn't of played enough games last season to warrant a contract extension.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 4933 viewsnshearman1

Like you I'm not a fan of Douglas but this game was perfect for him and if Mick had started him there would be less chance of being booed. However, Mick makes it doubly worse for the player and the relationship with fans by highlighting this point in a post-match interview. It's plain stupid and Mick should no better. And he made NO substitutions today, perhaps mainly because he packed the bench with 5 kids. Sure, try 2 or 3 but when you've got some young players in the starting 11 it's just crazy to put 5 kids on the bench when you know you won't play them. Very very muddled thinking.
McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:00 - Jan 7 with 4913 viewsBenters

pathetic

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:02 - Jan 7 with 4831 viewsMullet

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:53 - Jan 7 by StokieBlue

SB

Apart from when Bishop was fit enough to start.

Mcdonnell has been out injured alongside Hyam, Bru woeful and Skuse the only everpresent midfielder.

Even the harshest critic should be able to see Douglas has played so much because he's had to. The bigger question is why Sears couldn't facilitate Ward moving inside (assuming Ward can play there well enough). Would that cause too much disruption to something already working?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:03 - Jan 7 with 4777 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 17:57 - Jan 7 by warkthisway

No MM is paranoid - the fans were booing the negative tactic at QPR - not the player!

No they weren't.

They booed again as he entered the field and when his name was announced

I know what I heard

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 4703 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Gerken? Did you go? No mention of Berra or Webster who were awful.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:07 - Jan 7 with 4642 viewsStokieBlue

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:02 - Jan 7 by Mullet

Apart from when Bishop was fit enough to start.

Mcdonnell has been out injured alongside Hyam, Bru woeful and Skuse the only everpresent midfielder.

Even the harshest critic should be able to see Douglas has played so much because he's had to. The bigger question is why Sears couldn't facilitate Ward moving inside (assuming Ward can play there well enough). Would that cause too much disruption to something already working?

You have answered your own point.

Ward played centre-mid all last season I believe so he did have an option.

Not sure anything was working so fine to change it up.

SB

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:08 - Jan 7 with 4614 viewsdalianwasexciting

McCarthy having a swipe at the fans again on 18:03 - Jan 7 by The_Romford_Blue

No they weren't.

They booed again as he entered the field and when his name was announced

I know what I heard

Now that just proves how fans have been turned against each other by the exasperation of what is being served up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024